Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Yes, of course.

But equally, none of us were invited along to Cobra meetings so we could be briefed on just how potentially serious it could be. It’s not surprising if we weren’t fully aware back in January.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

o-no wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:56 am
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:36 am The first mention of Corona on here was on 8th Feb.
In fact Big Al mentioned it first on 31 Jan, according to the forum search function.

I suppose this only matters insofar as, if we're going to learn any lessons from this whole sorry event, we need a history and a timeline that is consistent and widely agreed upon (fat chance, huh). If someone says, it was obvious on day x that someone should have done something, but in reality nothing specific actually happened on day x of any significance, then that's just a form of virtue signalling - "It was obvious to me back then...." - which I'm not sure is a great look.
So both Ianucci and I were right. Apologise right now!.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Covid jabs for Mrs Nes and I booked for next week. So easy to make them after getting the text from the GP. Hat's off to those running the vaccination programme. And such a relief as Mrs Nes is still working and as such she is in contact (socially distanced, of course) with so many people. :D :D
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Today is the First Anniversary of Prime Minister Boris Johnson missing 5 Emergency Cobra Meetings before emerging to tell us to Wash Our Hands & Covid would go away
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:10 am
o-no wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:56 am
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:36 am The first mention of Corona on here was on 8th Feb.
In fact Big Al mentioned it first on 31 Jan, according to the forum search function.

I suppose this only matters insofar as, if we're going to learn any lessons from this whole sorry event, we need a history and a timeline that is consistent and widely agreed upon (fat chance, huh). If someone says, it was obvious on day x that someone should have done something, but in reality nothing specific actually happened on day x of any significance, then that's just a form of virtue signalling - "It was obvious to me back then...." - which I'm not sure is a great look.
So both Ianucci and I were right. Apologise right now!.
I would, but a full stop after an exclamation mark - unforgivable ;)
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

15488 new cases
758 deaths

I reckon this time next week, new cases should be under 10000 a day
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

EliotNes wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:19 am Covid jabs for Mrs Nes and I booked for next week. So easy to make them after getting the text from the GP. Hat's off to those running the vaccination programme. And such a relief as Mrs Nes is still working and as such she is in contact (socially distanced, of course) with so many people. :D :D
Lucky you mate I'm older than you and have heard nothing , maybe that's cos my health Center has run out of vaccine and don't know when the next Batch is due according to the receptionist 🤔
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

BIGRON wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:19 pm
EliotNes wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:19 am Covid jabs for Mrs Nes and I booked for next week. So easy to make them after getting the text from the GP. Hat's off to those running the vaccination programme. And such a relief as Mrs Nes is still working and as such she is in contact (socially distanced, of course) with so many people. :D :D
Lucky you mate I'm older than you and have heard nothing , maybe that's cos my health Center has run out of vaccine and don't know when the next Batch is due according to the receptionist 🤔
Mrs dOh booked in Saturday and she is under 70. Had mine over a week ago. In terms of centres, Mrs dOh booked online and was presented with a long list of centres to choose from, all within a short drive away.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Looks like if you're over 65 and haven't heard anything you can book online here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ccination/
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

I had mine last Saturday, I'm 63, my other half is 65.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

faldO wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:55 pm Looks like if you're over 65 and haven't heard anything you can book online here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ccination/
Telling me I'm not eligible yet , cos I'm only 68 ☹
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

BIGRON wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:56 pm
faldO wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:55 pm Looks like if you're over 65 and haven't heard anything you can book online here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ccination/
Strange, as it clearly says here that over 65s can book: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... contacted/

Also NHS England have said people aged 65 to 69 can now have a Covid-19 vaccine in England if GPs have done all they can to reach those at higher risk.

I'd keep trying every day as it's possible the booking system has not been adjusted in step with the website advice in advance of Sunday (by when the first 4 groups are supposed to be completed).

Hope you get it sorted soon.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

faldO wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:06 pm
Strange, as it clearly says here that over 65s can book: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... contacted/

Also NHS England have said people aged 65 to 69 can now have a Covid-19 vaccine in England if GPs have done all they can to reach those at higher risk.

I'd keep trying every day as it's possible the booking system has not been adjusted in step with the website advice in advance of Sunday (by when the first 4 groups are supposed to be completed).

Very confident that it's a Big Ron problem rather than a system one.

41 and had my (Pfizer) vaccine yesterday, the morning after I received the text message to say I could book it.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:08 pm

41 and had my (Pfizer) vaccine yesterday, the morning after I received the text message to say I could book it.
Any underlying issues? Otherwise that’s a joke. (Compared to what I’m seeing around my way).
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:11 pm

Any underlying issues? Otherwise that’s a joke. (Compared to what I’m seeing around my way).
Yep, I have a genuine health condition and also asthma but even so was surprised to get offered it so quickly. Also surprised to be able to book it so quickly with the choice of 3 centres within 1.5 miles (Enfield/Winchmore Hill area).
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Not liking all the vaccine envy in hearing, be patient your turn will come.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:16 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:11 pm

Yep, I have a genuine health condition and also asthma but even so was surprised to get offered it so quickly. Also surprised to be able to book it so quickly with the choice of 3 centres within 1.5 miles (Enfield/Winchmore Hill area).
👍
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:24 pm Not liking all the vaccine envy in hearing, be patient your turn will come.
I’m young and healthy, my comment wasn’t about me.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Spot on mate , i just tried again and am booked in tomorrow lunchtime 👍👍
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Sitting hear all pleased with myself for getting the jab lunch time , just got a phone call saying a friend of 30 odd years ain't gonna last the night with it , covid is a horrible b*stard 😥😥
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

BIGRON wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:18 pm Sitting hear all pleased with myself for getting the jab lunch time , just got a phone call saying a friend of 30 odd years ain't gonna last the night with it , covid is a horrible b*stard 😥😥
Covid is an evil virus. Affecting people of all ages in different ways. I struggle with those who take it lightly.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

Covid is carried silently by 1 in 3 apparantly. TB is silent in greater than 99 out of 100, fortunately.

Thankfully the government will not start testing for all known diseases or we will forever be lockdowned.

Bristol University estimated that at least 560,000 additional deaths will be due to our response to covid.

Only 88% of beds are filled in hospitals as at the beginning of the week against 96% for this time last year. Number of beds used for covid patients is under 20,000.

Percentage positive today is 1.8%.

There has now been over 4000 mutations of the virus. It has been put forward that lockdowns have exaggerated this number.

All I can say is that people are suffering from significantly greater mental health issues, as I see in practice. 75% of paediatric cases are now mental health issues against 5% normally. Thereis enormous concern over the effects on babies and children, especially the 12-24 months and those during there GCSEs this year.

Economic effects increase suicides and depression and will really hit when furlough ends. Suicides are already significantly higher than normal.

The government have let the scientists take over. Non of those advising us have had significant changes to there lives and have no understanding as to what is happening within the population other than there mathematical models and nhs/ons statistics. Unfortunately the opposition parties are also in this bubble.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Still's Carenae wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:42 pm Covid is carried silently by 1 in 3 apparantly. TB is silent in greater than 99 out of 100, fortunately.

Thankfully the government will not start testing for all known diseases or we will forever be lockdowned.

Bristol University estimated that at least 560,000 additional deaths will be due to our response to covid.

Only 88% of beds are filled in hospitals as at the beginning of the week against 96% for this time last year. Number of beds used for covid patients is under 20,000.

Percentage positive today is 1.8%.

There has now been over 4000 mutations of the virus. It has been put forward that lockdowns have exaggerated this number.

All I can say is that people are suffering from significantly greater mental health issues, as I see in practice. 75% of paediatric cases are now mental health issues against 5% normally. Thereis enormous concern over the effects on babies and children, especially the 12-24 months and those during there GCSEs this year.

Economic effects increase suicides and depression and will really hit when furlough ends. Suicides are already significantly higher than normal.

The government have let the scientists take over. Non of those advising us have had significant changes to there lives and have no understanding as to what is happening within the population other than there mathematical models and nhs/ons statistics. Unfortunately the opposition parties are also in this bubble.
Where did you copy and paste this rubbish from?
After you said ‘apparently ‘ in the first line , it sounded rubbish but I persevered. Load of poppycock!
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

Got my letter last Thursday week advising that I could book an appointment as I have a medical condition and have been shielding. Booked a local appointment for Monday. Turned up a couple of minutes before appointment and in and out within 10 minutes. Had the AstraZeneca. No complaints from me.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Ornchurch wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:04 pm Got my letter last Thursday week advising that I could book an appointment as I have a medical condition and have been shielding. Booked a local appointment for Monday. Turned up a couple of minutes before appointment and in and out within 10 minutes. Had the AstraZeneca. No complaints from me.
You got a letter rather than a text?