Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Labour Watch

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:18 pm
BoniO wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:40 pm
Dohnut wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:39 pm Love all this “ well the Tories did worse” and Labour have done nothing wrong stuff. Labour used the “clean open transparent” ticket in a holier than though programme. It’s clear they are a snouts in the trough bunch after all. Masters of the free gifts. I’m certainly not defending the Tories just the raging hypocrisy of Labour. Starmer being ridiculed around the world, his approval ratings plummeting. Already sending out an I’m in charge message. Even his bosses in the Union bitching.

Folks it’s a frigging joke right now. A shambles. And we all know it.
Mate, the current government are making mistakes, and they need to clean up their act with regards to free gifts from “interested parties”. I guess they’re also a bit rusty after 14 years of Tory grifters running the Country.
However, they are a million miles away from the overt corruption, arrogance and self-serving greed of the Tory scumbags we just kicked out. Anyone who chooses not to recognise that is either thick as 2 planks or a right wing scumbag - which one are you?
So what you are saying is that what makes it Ok is the scale, not the act. They’re only a little bit dodgy, so that’s OK then. Strange attitude. 😂

I’ll say this again. I am not defending the Tories. They paid for their actions in the general election. But I expected better from Labour after all their history of taking the high ground. Seems they are just tbe same, though after just a couple of months have yet to reach the heights achieved by the Tories. But they are making up ground.
You’re letting your clear bias get in the way of your thinking.

It’s like saying that you can’t think a bank heist is bad because you stole a packet of chewing gum from the corner shop.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Maybe both are bad? :o
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Pres Business steals chewing gum? He's just the same as ALL the other crooks out there.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

People are being too harsh on Labour in saying their misdemeanors are not in the same league as the Tories.

They have made an excellent start at the sleaze and hypocrisy thing. Don't forget, they've only been in power for a couple of months, the Tories had years to hone their skills.

Free gifts, cronyism, hitting the poor and pensioners in the pocket, inflation-busting pay rises for union friends. It's all going to plan.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Agree it's hyprocisy to a degree but the two aren't yet equivalent.

It's interesting that people who voted Tory or Reform all of a sudden have a problem with politicians taking the piss with public money.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 8:08 am Maybe both are bad? :o
When it comes to hypocrisy they are

I just don’t get people. I have not and will not defend some of the Tory actions, they paid the price for these. that is not bias. And I’ve said much of what Labour have done is within the rules, that is not bias. In fact that is positive towards Labour! Is it not?

But the hypocrisy of Labour who took the moral high ground, a holier than you approach big time and at every opportunity to be caught out the way they have by in many cases doing the same is shameful. Gifts, cronyism, cover ups! And then to offer up pitiful excuses.

Those who think I’m showing bias need to look at the popularity polls, the world’s media, even the left wing media. I’ve never known a new Government in such a mess so soon after an election. If Starmer had an ounce of integrity he would resign. The guy is a laughing stock, the guy is out of his depth. The guy is out of touch. Bias, not at all. Five years of Starmer is a worry.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Sirkier now helping keep stalkers out of prison as well as nonces.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... me-blunder
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Dohnut wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 8:59 am

I just don’t get people. I have not and will not defend some of the Tory actions, they paid the price for these. that is not bias. And I’ve said much of what Labour have done is within the rules, that is not bias. In fact that is positive towards Labour! Is it not?

But the hypocrisy of Labour who took the moral high ground, a holier than you approach big time and at every opportunity to be caught out the way they have by in many cases doing the same is shameful. Gifts, cronyism, cover ups! And then to offer up pitiful excuses.

Those who think I’m showing bias need to look at the popularity polls, the world’s media, even the left wing media. I’ve never known a new Government in such a mess so soon after an election. If Starmer had an ounce of integrity he would resign. The guy is a laughing stock, the guy is out of his depth. The guy is out of touch. Bias, not at all. Five years of Starmer is a worry.
Who did you vote for, mate?
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

faldO wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 8:44 am People are being too harsh on Labour in saying their misdemeanors are not in the same league as the Tories.

They have made an excellent start at the sleaze and hypocrisy thing. Don't forget, they've only been in power for a couple of months, the Tories had years to hone their skills.

Free gifts, cronyism, hitting the poor and pensioners in the pocket, inflation-busting pay rises for union friends. It's all going to plan.
They're absolute amateurs.

How can you compare taking a nice frock and a couple of months free use of a flat to the billions upon billions of pounds that those c*nts stole?
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:18 pm They paid for their actions in the general election.
No one is in nick yet. So no, they haven't paid.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:09 am
faldO wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 8:44 am People are being too harsh on Labour in saying their misdemeanors are not in the same league as the Tories.

How can you compare taking a nice frock and a couple of months free use of a flat to the billions upon billions of pounds that those c*nts stole?
£1.3 billion stolen from pensioners by cutting the winter fuel allowance, hundreds of millions given to union friends in the form of pay rises. As I said, it's a good start but you're being unrealistic if you expect it to be on the same scale as the Tories after such a short time.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

faldO wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:23 am £1.3 billion stolen from pensioners by cutting the winter fuel allowance, hundreds of millions given to union friends in the form of pay rises. As I said, it's a good start but you're being unrealistic if you expect it to be on the same scale as the Tories after such a short time.

Comparing benefit cuts on some wealthy pensioners and pay rises to ordinary working folk with gifting billions upon billions of pounds to a handful of your mates is quite the stretch. :D
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:30 am
faldO wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:23 am £1.3 billion stolen from pensioners by cutting the winter fuel allowance, hundreds of millions given to union friends in the form of pay rises. As I said, it's a good start but you're being unrealistic if you expect it to be on the same scale as the Tories after such a short time.

Comparing benefit cuts on some wealthy pensioners and pay rises to ordinary working folk with gifting billions upon billions of pounds to a handful of your mates is quite the stretch. :D
It's more than a stretch. It's IMBECILIC nonsense.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

faldO wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:23 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:09 am

£1.3 billion stolen from pensioners by cutting the winter fuel allowance, hundreds of millions given to union friends in the form of pay rises. As I said, it's a good start but you're being unrealistic if you expect it to be on the same scale as the Tories after such a short time.
Strikes had cost the NHS many times more than what the agreed pay deals will cost. The biggest beneficiaries of ending the strikes will be pensioners. This logic doesn't work at all.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Mistadobalina wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:49 am The biggest beneficiaries of ending the strikes will be pensioners.
Do you have any evidence to support that claim? Possibly the NHS, though they don't break down waiting lists by age. How does ending the train drivers strikes benefit pensioners the most, when the main beneficiaries are commuters?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

faldO wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:09 am
Mistadobalina wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:49 am The biggest beneficiaries of ending the strikes will be pensioners.
Do you have any evidence to support that claim? Possibly the NHS, though they don't break down waiting lists by age. How does ending the train drivers strikes benefit pensioners the most, when the main beneficiaries are commuters?
You’re right. The biggest beneficiaries are the hard working people who provide crucial services to keep this country running and healthy, who have been denied decent pay rises for years.

Shame on Labour
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:06 am

He's a Reformer, all day long. (Whether he will publicly admit it or not is a different matter).
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:22 am

He's a Reformer, all day long. (Whether he will publicly admit it or not is a different matter).
I believe he may have voted for Labour previously, but he doesn't like to talk about it.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

faldO wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:09 am
Am referring to the NHS strikes, but settling the rail strikes will also have a bigger benefit than the cost of the wage increase. Source is the Tory minister responsible at the time.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ter-admits

The idea that by agreeing pay deals for public service workers is somehow the cause of a winter fuel allowance cut is the kind of dumb reductive reasoning that means we get sh*t politics.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Mistadobalina wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:42 am The idea that by agreeing pay deals for public service workers is somehow the cause of a winter fuel allowance cut is the kind of dumb reductive reasoning that means we get sh*t politics.
How are public sector pay deals paid for? By making cuts or raising taxes.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Dunners wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:31 am
Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:22 am

I believe he may have voted for Labour previously, but he doesn't like to talk about it.
Only when they've had right of centre leaders like blair.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

faldO wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:48 am
Mistadobalina wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:42 am The idea that by agreeing pay deals for public service workers is somehow the cause of a winter fuel allowance cut is the kind of dumb reductive reasoning that means we get sh*t politics.
Try again.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Five minutes of Boris was a bigger worry.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

faldO wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:48 am
Having an economy not crippled by strikes may help pay for it too.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

BoniO wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 1:05 pm

Five minutes of Boris was a bigger worry.
The only thing Boris had in his favour was being a better choice than Corbyn. Who if memory serves got more votes than Starmer. Who is thus far proving to be worse than both. Politics is in a real poor state.