Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CEB

Re: Labour Watch

Post by CEB »

Oh god Stella on Instagram.
How does she find so many ways of doing the exact same thing of telling off an abstract, vague audience for something she is guilty of herself?
Brigs
Fresh Alias

Post by Brigs »

Hoover Attack wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:42 pm If only he'd turned up to the cenotaph with a poppy that size, it all could have been so different.
Like this one?
https://search.app.goo.gl/gSCCfQt
Friend or fart
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Friend or fart »

CEB you are seeming to be obsessing with Stella Creasey. I hope you are not trolling her on other Forums. I am personally worried about some of your postings. Why not obsess about someone who deserves it like Moggie or Christopher Chope. Or is it only women that come up on your radar?
ChorizO
Fresh Alias

Post by ChorizO »

Friend or faux wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:20 pm CEB you are seeming to be obsessing with Stella Creasey. I hope you are not trolling her on other Forums. I am personally worried about some of your postings. Why not obsess about someone who deserves it like Moggie or Christopher Chope. Or is it only women that come up on your radar?
He does this, pure and simply, because he is a troll and his very being depends on this behaviour.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Found Stella’s boardin’ accounts.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Friend or faux wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:20 pm CEB you are seeming to be obsessing with Stella Creasey. I hope you are not trolling her on other Forums. I am personally worried about some of your postings. Why not obsess about someone who deserves it like Moggie or Christopher Chope. Or is it only women that come up on your radar?
I see we have to add "don't criticise your own MP" to your weird list of dos and don'ts now.
CEB

Post by CEB »

“You are a troll” says person engaging in the most transparent concern trolling imaginable
CEB

Post by CEB »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:01 am
I see we have to add "don't criticise your own MP" to your weird list of dos and don'ts now.
A further example of this concerning obsession is that every few years over the last decade or so, I have actually walked out and put a big cross next to her name. I should probably be on some sort of watch list
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

You put a cross OVER HER FACE? Like you want to cross her out? Concerning.
Friend or fart
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Friend or fart »

CEB getting very defensive. Seems I have touched a raw nerve. Methinks he doth protest too much.
CEB

Post by CEB »

You’ve caught me out. Please don’t call the police.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

On this day, seven years ago, on a certain social media platform, I posted this:

"In the bag.

I can't see Labour forming a government, the Ulster parties will see to that. But it's still a massive embarrassment for May who has been awful, and completely vindicates Labour's policies. The fear for me was that a bad Labour defeat would have been spun as a rejection of these policies. At least that can't happen now.
"

LOL. The lack of cynicism and the degree of optimism are quite comical now. I still had not grown out of the phase of believing that there might be another way.
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

Dunners wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:03 pm The fear for me was that a bad Labour defeat would have been spun as a rejection of these policies.
Well, that's how Starmer is still spinning it now, with an extra determination to demonise Corbyn.
(The Forde report, commissioned by Starmer, has NOT drawn the conclusion that Starmer and his obliging fan club are still presenting to the media.)

'Reforming something' is similar to 'changing something' and Starmer's banner for the Labour party now looks quite similar to the banner for the far right GB news channel. The man is a fraud. Is he the first LP leader who has lost the backing of several Trades Unions?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

E10EU wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:19 pm
Dunners wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 11:03 pm The fear for me was that a bad Labour defeat would have been spun as a rejection of these policies.
Well, that's how Starmer is still spinning it now, with an extra determination to demonise Corbyn.
(The Forde report, commissioned by Starmer, has NOT drawn the conclusion that Starmer and his obliging fan club are still presenting to the media.)

'Reforming something' is similar to 'changing something' and Starmer's banner for the Labour party now looks quite similar to the banner for the far right GB news channel. The man is a fraud. Is he the first LP leader who has lost the backing of several Trades Unions?
Losing the support of Trade Unions is a differentiator that even Blair never attempted.

But the Labour right have seen off the "Left" for ever (so far as their limited vision and understanding is concerned).

Their actions feed the rightwards movement in Europe. Time to pick a side.
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

Even The Guardian has taken a side ... after 42 years of publishing his creations and observations!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bel ... toonist%29
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

A big word of Caution!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ar ... -ambitions

It was only 5 years ago when Boris Johnson 'won' on the back of false information, bluster, presenting himself as 'the hero/ saviour'.
But because of his party political majority he and his successive leaders were able to force through their stance EVEN WHEN IT WAS UNLAWFUL.

Should ANY party have such power???
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Max B Gold wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:36 pm
E10EU wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:19 pm

Losing the support of Trade Unions is a differentiator that even Blair never attempted.

But the Labour right have seen off the "Left" for ever (so far as their limited vision and understanding is concerned).

Their actions feed the rightwards movement in Europe. Time to pick a side.
The normal Labour members have seen off the anti-semitic, pogrom-supporting Marxist left so you are right. Their actions feed the fight against extremism on both sides in Europe. The British people have picked their side.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Labour have issued their manifesto. I will just comment on their proposals for housing, as I know this

Immediately end Section 21 'no fault' evictions - Good, but they won't be able to do it 'immediately'. They need to undertake reform of key judicial processes (as they well know), which could take at least another year (probably longer). Without this the UK Court system will just grind to a halt.

Enact Law Commission proposals on leasehold enfranchisement, right to manage, and commonhold - And they'll promptly find the large land ownership companies immediately taking them off for years of litigation through the ECHR.

Ban new leasehold flats and make commonhold the default tenure - Fine for small, simply stock. Absolute carnage for large, high-density, mixed-use modern developments. Expect the Courts to grind to t halt as a surge of litigation takes place through company law.

Address unregulated and unaffordable ground rent charges - Already happening through the Leasehold Reform (Ground Rent) Act.

End 'fleecehold' private housing estates and unfair maintenance costs - Then they need to reform the Town & Country Planning Act and stop local authorities refusing to adopt external estate areas. Good luck. LAs have been using that squeeze for years, as they increase the number of council tax paying units without having to increase their costs.

Develop a new cross-government strategy with Mayors and Councils to end homelessness in Britain - Sounds a bit woolly. But fine, I guess.

Build 1.5 million new homes and new social renter homes - Over what time period and what percentage will be social rent homes (and I'm pretty sure that what they actually mean is Affordable Rent homes)?

Build new towns and reviewing Right to Buy discounts - FFS. Just scrap RTB! Also, given the shambles of infrastructure projects like HS2, I look forward to reading about how they're going to extend transport links and other public amenities to enable these new towns to be viable.

I reckon most of the above will either never see the light of day or will be watered down to the point that a homeopathist would be envious.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:19 pm Labour have issued their manifesto. I will just comment on their proposals for housing, as I know this

Immediately end Section 21 'no fault' evictions - Good, but they won't be able to do it 'immediately'. They need to undertake reform of key judicial processes (as they well know), which could take at least another year (probably longer). Without this the UK Court system will just grind to a halt.

Enact Law Commission proposals on leasehold enfranchisement, right to manage, and commonhold - And they'll promptly find the large land ownership companies immediately taking them off for years of litigation through the ECHR.

Ban new leasehold flats and make commonhold the default tenure - Fine for small, simply stock. Absolute carnage for large, high-density, mixed-use modern developments. Expect the Courts to grind to t halt as a surge of litigation takes place through company law.

Address unregulated and unaffordable ground rent charges - Already happening through the Leasehold Reform (Ground Rent) Act.

End 'fleecehold' private housing estates and unfair maintenance costs - Then they need to reform the Town & Country Planning Act and stop local authorities refusing to adopt external estate areas. Good luck. LAs have been using that squeeze for years, as they increase the number of council tax paying units without having to increase their costs.

Develop a new cross-government strategy with Mayors and Councils to end homelessness in Britain - Sounds a bit woolly. But fine, I guess.

Build 1.5 million new homes and new social renter homes - Over what time period and what percentage will be social rent homes (and I'm pretty sure that what they actually mean is Affordable Rent homes)?

Build new towns and reviewing Right to Buy discounts - FFS. Just scrap RTB! Also, given the shambles of infrastructure projects like HS2, I look forward to reading about how they're going to extend transport links and other public amenities to enable these new towns to be viable.

I reckon most of the above will either never see the light of day or will be watered down to the point that a homeopathist would be envious.
I feel your pain. But there is simply no other way.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

LOL at the IFS saying Labour should raise taxes otherwise they can't even pay for the measly offerings contained in the manifesto.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

80% of Labour voters want Jezza back.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 64501.html
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Of course we do. We just want entertainment, an he can generally be relied upon to give us that.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cw00rgq24xvo.amp

Sirkieth - ally of the billionaires 🌹💰🌹
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

From the Beeb:

Labour has suspended one of its candidates after reports he shared "pro-Russian" material online.
Andy Brown, who is standing in Aberdeenshire North and Moray East, also shared a post that appeared to downplay allegations of antisemitism against Labour, as first reported by the Press and Journal.

Weeks after the Salisbury poisonings Mr Brown shared an article on social media in April 2018 from the Russian state media outlet RT. It claimed the "toxin" used in the Salisbury poisonings was "never produced in Russia, but was in service in the US, UK, and other NATO states".

What an abhorrent individual, who also has made anti-semitic comments in the past.
(N.B. These comments under Corbyn were perfectly acceptable.)

No doubt this repugnant individual is all banged up with the rights of Palestinians, while those persecuted in other ways, such as Jews, Israelis and Ukrainians, are fair game.