Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Labour Watch

Post by Dunners »

Yeah, the BBC Verify bloke said that it was a screengrab. She must be back on the tinned cocktails.
CEB

Post by CEB »

It’ll be interesting to see what, if anything, happens as a result.

I’d imagine it probably suits everyone involved to pretend it didn’t happen
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

It looks fake. The box that would surround the quoted Guardian article isnt complete.
CEB

Post by CEB »

It’s not fake
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Prove it.
CEB

Post by CEB »

What proof would you like other than the fact that the BBC employee has verified, in the post Dunners put up, that he screen shotted the tweet himself, that other media are following up on it, that there’s been no denial, and that many other people are showing their own screenshots?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Quite a bit of white space between her twitter username and her tweet, doesnt look right.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Prove it
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Compare it to the spacing for Nicks tweet

Are you Max in disguise?
CEB

Post by CEB »

I think you’re getting confused by the capital letters and the relative size
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Interesting. Guardian readers are unhappy that Labour's plans to increase their children's school fees.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/a ... ans-labour
CEB

Post by CEB »

The people quoted in that article sound like the demographic Alan Partridge was targeting with his “I’m hopping mad and I want something in the middle!!” campaign
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Shama doing even more to endear herself to the party unfaithful, by campaigning alongside their all-time favourite, Wes Streeting.

Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Did he pop over the border to support Faiza last time out?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

I'll take a guess. See she's standing as an independent, which I don't blame her for but will surely only help IDS.

And Stella weirdly taking on the Greens on their maternity policy and then getting absolutely rinsed by all concerned after being wrong, yet again (and naturally taking that pushback very well indeed). Imagine she'll still walk it but the fact she's even referring to a Green policy at all might hint at the fact there's a little more pressure coming than she and her hubby might have expected.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

In the words of Trump:

Stella could stand in the middle of Forest Road and shoot somebody and not lose any voters.

Image[/url]
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:31 pm In the words of Trump:

Stella could stand in the middle of Forest Road and shoot somebody and not lose any voters.

Image[/url]
Except perhaps the one she shoots....
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

She could also shoot someone in the middle of Forest Road and still be the victim.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:15 pm I'll take a guess. See she's standing as an independent, which I don't blame her for but will surely only help IDS.

And Stella weirdly taking on the Greens on their maternity policy and then getting absolutely rinsed by all concerned after being wrong, yet again (and naturally taking that pushback very well indeed). Imagine she'll still walk it but the fact she's even referring to a Green policy at all might hint at the fact there's a little more pressure coming than she and her hubby might have expected.

What was she wrong about there (not being facetious - just my understanding was that there was a policy, which the greens quickly deleted. Is there more to it?)
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Well 'wrong' was perhaps an imperfect word but she seemed to wilfully misrepresent what their actual, albeit poorly worded, policy was and then patronised the dozens of women who challenged her view.
CEB

Post by CEB »

That doesn’t sound like her. Are you sure she hasn’t just been dogpiled by lots of meanies?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:00 pm She could also shoot someone in the middle of Forest Road and still be the victim.
:lol:
CEB

Post by CEB »

Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:00 pm She could also shoot someone in the middle of Forest Road and still be the victim.

“Walthamstow, it’s time to talk about gun violence.
Nobody should have to face the threat of gun violence while going about their business, and..”

But Stella you just shot someone…

“But I’m saying that nobody should have to face the threat of gun violence”

You might be saying that, but there’s a body on the floor and you’re holding a gun and I literally saw you shoot that guy

“It’s very disappointing and a bit disconcerting that you seem to be paying so much attention to what a female MP chooses to do with her hands. I wonder if you talk about what male MPs have in their hands?”

If a male MP shot someone and I saw it, of course I’d say something.

“That’s three replies to me now, all of them seeming to be quite controlling. In an atmosphere where MPs have faced violence and even been murdered, this is very worrying”
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

CEB wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:49 pm

“Walthamstow, it’s time to talk about gun violence.
Nobody should have to face the threat of gun violence while going about their business, and..”

But Stella you just shot someone…

“But I’m saying that nobody should have to face the threat of gun violence”

You might be saying that, but there’s a body on the floor and you’re holding a gun and I literally saw you shoot that guy

“It’s very disappointing and a bit disconcerting that you seem to be paying so much attention to what a female MP chooses to do with her hands. I wonder if you talk about what male MPs have in their hands?”

If a male MP shot someone and I saw it, of course I’d say something.

“That’s three replies to me now, all of them seeming to be quite controlling. In an atmosphere where MPs have faced violence and even been murdered, this is very worrying”
"Do not contact me again"
CEB

Post by CEB »

Also, while I do generally support the “let’s make stuff better at work for women with babies”, Stella’s way of discussing it always makes me think of that bit in the office specials where thingy from the warehouse says “just cos you let some useless tosser blow his beans up your muff doesn’t mean we care about your baby as much as you do” and have a guilty laugh