Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Labour Watch

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Whoever wins, we lose
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

So?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:33 pm
So you're tarring a whole nation because of what some protesters did?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Nice try. All I did was post somebody else's tweet on an incident(s) in a foreign land.

The question I'm asking by doing so is this:

Should Labour MPs be supporting the actions of a far right government and not condemn its genocidal actions and those of its supporters?

Now that I have explained the question do you have any thoughts on it?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Strange you didn’t just ask that question then instead of posting a tweet by someone else asking a different question.

Maybe stop outsourcing your thinking to Twitter.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:34 am Strange you didn’t just ask that question then instead of posting a tweet by someone else asking a different question.

Maybe stop outsourcing your thinking to Twitter.
Never
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Max B Gold wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:31 am Nice try. All I did was post somebody else's tweet on an incident(s) in a foreign land.

Should Labour MPs be supporting the actions of a far right government and not condemn its genocidal actions and those of its supporters?

I'd rather Labour be friends with Israel than the leader be friends with Hamas.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:54 am
Max B Gold wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:31 am Nice try. All I did was post somebody else's tweet on an incident(s) in a foreign land.

I'd rather Labour be friends with Israel than the leader be friends with Hamas.
Clever, very clever but I'm left wondering if their might be a third option and not be fwends with any murderous entities at all. Just a thought.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Time to get this thread back to Labour failures. Let's start with this refusal to commit to relieving child poverty from Sir Kid Starver aka Tel Aviv Keith.

StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

He's constantly making promises that he can't deliver on.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

StillSpike wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:03 amSo?
She went to a private school.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

StillSpike wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:32 am He's constantly making promises that he can't deliver on.
His argument to that would be that he's now rowing back/breaking promises that were previously made, and that he's doing that before the election and not after. Therefore, whatever promises are left by the time of the election, we can be confident that they will at least deliver deliver on them.

A Labour government is just going to be a more technically capable management team. And, right now, I'd take that.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:07 am
Max B Gold wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:33 pm
So you're tarring a whole nation because of what some protesters did?
Kind of like tarring a whole nation because of what some (as proscribed by the UK Govenrnment) terrorists have done.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Not really.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Hoover Attack wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:36 am
StillSpike wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:03 amSo?
She went to a private school.
And what's that got to do with the price of fish?

Her parents made a decision when she was a child, and she's not allowed to have an opinion on VAT on private school fees ?
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:41 am Not really.
But it really is.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Dunners wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:37 am
StillSpike wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:32 am He's constantly making promises that he can't deliver on.
His argument to that would be that he's now rowing back/breaking promises that were previously made, and that he's doing that before the election and not after. Therefore, whatever promises are left by the time of the election, we can be confident that they will at least deliver deliver on them.

A Labour government is just going to be a more technically capable management team. And, right now, I'd take that.
I'm not arguing your logic but it's a pretty low bar to be encouraged for someone who's going to deliver what looks to be next to f*** all but do it in an a more efficient manner than the current incumbents.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Admin wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:57 pm

I'm not arguing your logic but it's a pretty low bar to be encouraged for someone who's going to deliver what looks to be next to f*** all in an efficient manner.
Agreed. But that's where the bar is nowadays.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Dunners wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:58 pm

I'm not arguing your logic but it's a pretty low bar to be encouraged for someone who's going to deliver what looks to be next to f*** all in an efficient manner.
Agreed. But that's where the bar is nowadays.
It'll go lower yet. Wait till the election campaign starts for real. It'll be an all round miserable poo poo-fest.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

I'm not arguing your logic but it's a pretty low bar to be encouraged for someone who's going to deliver what looks to be next to f*** all but do it in an a more efficient manner than the current incumbents.
They are going to inherit a total shitshow, so it's right that they manage expectations accordingly. Also, having lost four elections in a row, each time with an increasing sense of adventure, leading to progressively worse results, it's not surprising they're doing "don't frighten the horses" this time around.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

OyinbO wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:54 pm

They are going to inherit a total shitshow, so it's right that they manage expectations accordingly. Also, having lost four elections in a row, each time with an increasing sense of adventure, leading to progressively worse results, it's not surprising they're doing "don't frighten the horses" this time around.
It's not true to say the results were progressively worse. Please don't go down that road. 2017 was a close call and recorded a much better Labour vote than the two previous attempts.

The don't spook the voters election approach is noted but from a political perspective it is the Xtreme Centre letting Labour have a turn at managing the neo liberal agenda.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

If Corbyn were still leader, I think he'd have a half decent chance of forming the next government, but not as good a chance as Sir Kier.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:38 pm If Corbyn were still leader, I think he'd have a half decent chance of forming the next government, but not as good a chance as Sir Kier.
Interesting thought experiment. But how can you imagine a world where JC stays in charge after delivering the second worst outcome for Labour since they became a major party? Also - party leaders' popularity only ever goes one way, and once the punters have made their minds up about someone, that's it. It's happening with Sunak and pals now, the electorate has just stopped listening to them.