Jackettout's post Exeter interview

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Jackettout's post Exeter interview

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Anthem of Hope wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:41 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:56 pm
Petrov788 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:20 pm Of course you could play both of them....They are both better finishers than Smith. I wouldn't drop Drinan, he works hard and has the best movement of our strikers, I just wish it was Ruel one on one with the keeper. Ruel came on too late to affect the game, just like every other sub appearance.
We could try them both together on Saturday. We’ve got to start finding goals from somewhere
Why can’t they play
Smith /Nouble - as battering rams hold up heading ability
Drinan on right side like a inner winger
That three up front

Then where kemp used to play just behind play Ruel, he has different ability and skill set to the front three

Yes, that’s not a bad idea. Somethings got to change so it’s worth a try.
Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Post by Petrov788 »

jamespevans wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:33 pm Strange goings on with Wood. He signed a two year contract and doesn't look as though he will be here next season despite, in my opinion, having not put in a bad performance to date.
Generally quite solid whenever he's played, but he was dreadful v Newport or Port Vale (along with Kemp), can't remember which, those games just blurred into 1. Evidently he hasn't been seen since.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Petrov788 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:21 pm
jamespevans wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:33 pm Strange goings on with Wood. He signed a two year contract and doesn't look as though he will be here next season despite, in my opinion, having not put in a bad performance to date.
Generally quite solid whenever he's played, but he was dreadful v Newport or Port Vale (along with Kemp), can't remember which, those games just blurred into 1. Evidently he hasn't been seen since.
Yes I think that Wood is a decent left back, but I think it was the Port Vale game where Jackett used him as a wing back and he was bad, not his fault though, as he’s not suited to that position, in my opinion.
He’ll be looking to leave ASAP I reckon.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Anthem of Hope wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:41 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:56 pm
Petrov788 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:20 pm Of course you could play both of them....They are both better finishers than Smith. I wouldn't drop Drinan, he works hard and has the best movement of our strikers, I just wish it was Ruel one on one with the keeper. Ruel came on too late to affect the game, just like every other sub appearance.
We could try them both together on Saturday. We’ve got to start finding goals from somewhere
Why can’t they play
Smith /Nouble - as battering rams hold up heading ability
Drinan on right side like a inner winger
That three up front

Then where kemp used to play just behind play Ruel, he has different ability and skill set to the front three
Cool. Why don’t we also play that Nkumrah on the left side like a winger too, get all the forwards on.