London road pricing

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: London road pricing

Post by Dunners »

Oh pevans.
HARVEY T DENTON
Fresh Alias

Re: London road pricing

Post by HARVEY T DENTON »

Give it to Jabo wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:46 am
Dunners wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:44 am In my borough the council have done a lot to develop cycling networks and to adopt LTNs. It's fair to say that it's exposed a real social and cultural divide.

The middle-class luvvies are all for it, as they cycle with their kids in those tow-along trailers in their knitted vegan jumpers to their nearest organic coffee bar for some tofu yoghurt. The dads all have beards, carry a new-born baby in a front pouch and wear action sandals. The mums all have some allotment veg in the front basket and talk loudly to the toddlers as if they're in their 40s. And the toddlers all have dirty faces, long unkempt hair and behavioural problems.

And then there's the traditional local chavs and ethnic groups who are either on benefits and/or working in low pay jobs trying to get by and support seven kids. As a treat they decide to drive the family to the local Nandos only to find all the side streets are closed off so they're forced to sit in traffic for hours. By the time they get through, Nandos has shut, so they go off home but arrive too late to watch And & Dec so all huddle round a microwave as it nukes their frozen pizza dinner for warmth and comfort instead.

It's f*cking great. I can sometimes sit there for hours watching it all go by.
I thought this was the Independent Leyton Orient Forum: my mistake it's the Daily Mail...
Can't be, no mention of house prices.