Troy Deeney

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Troy Deeney

Post by banqo »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:51 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:43 pm
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:03 pm

If he was earning minimum wage, would you still take the same view?

Again, what the f*** does fighting in a war 80 years ago have to do with this?
Nothing. That was just Sid being Sid.

Deeney's son is five months old so can completely understand him not wanting to be away from him or his wife.
It's completely understandable. Time spent away from your kids is time you will never get back.

At 5 months old they are wee smashers.
My dad died of cancer when I was six, hardly remember him at all. Make the most of being with your kids(and grandkids) while you've got the chance.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:55 pm
Paddy Grealish wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:38 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:02 pm Won't somebody please think of the children!
What does that mean?
Nevermind
He asked. He is entitled to an explanation.

If not, that means next time somebody (Anybody new. Please please please somebody new soon) will never be welcomed because he asked a simple question that an MB BULLY refused to answer.

That is wrong in my book.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:23 pm
Paddy Grealish wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:38 pm

What does that mean?
Nevermind

If not, that means next time somebody (Anybody new. Please please please somebody new soon) will never be welcomed because he asked a simple question that an MB BULLY refused to answer.

Oh well. There's this great thing called Google he can use if he really wants to know.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:28 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:23 pm

Nevermind

Oh well. There's this great thing called Google he can use if he really wants to know.
Doesn't help.

He asked you specifically.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

EH16 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:00 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:47 pm
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:16 pm Apart from the ludicrous comparison of the current pandemic with sending men off to fight in the Second World War, why do people keep bringing someone's wages into it?
He is getting paid a huge wage to do what he is paid for, kicking a ball about while meanwhile others on far less money who work for the club are furloughed for the tax payers to pay their wages. I am sure he could make the sacrifice of being away from his family for such a short time, I know I would if I was in his position. Years ago people separated by work or other reasons such as being in the armed forces, had no other contact than by letters, no internet or mobile phones. Such a feeling of entitlement in this day and age.
What utter drivel. If you'd give up seeing your family for the sake of playing football then, quite frankly, they'd be better off without you.
What a nonsense reply, you forget to mention the fact that his highly paid job IS to play football. He is being paid many thousands of pounds per week for doing just that very thing, eg playing football, that is his day to day job. As to having to not see your family for a while because of the job you are being paid to perform, well how do you think the rest of the world gets on ? Many people have to work away from home, away from their families, sometimes months and years at a time and often ( in the case of poor people from third world countries ) for very low wages and working thousands of miles away for years at a time, why should highly paid footballers and the rest of the rich and famous be such a privileged and pampered species ? In the past I have also done contracting work where I was away from home for months at a time, its normal life for so many people, case of having to go where the money is in order to support yourself and your family. I think I was brought up in a much harder school of life, food rationing was in place when I was a kid along with many other things. From the age of 16 years old I was for two years working on a farm, in harvest time working 7 days a week from 7 am to 10.30 pm, hands red and cut up and falling exhausted into my bed when i got home, did me good though, toughened me up for life in the years ahead. Since those times I improved myself and the jobs that I worked in. I have been to many other Countries, sometimes on holiday, sometimes whilst working, seen how life is for people in poorer countries and helped those in need where and how I can, so I see things a lot differently to many others on this forum.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:10 am
Sid Bishop wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:47 pm

He is getting paid a huge wage to do what he is paid for, kicking a ball about while meanwhile others on far less money who work for the club are furloughed for the tax payers to pay their wages. I am sure he could make the sacrifice of being away from his family for such a short time, I know I would if I was in his position. Years ago people separated by work or other reasons such as being in the armed forces, had no other contact than by letters, no internet or mobile phones. Such a feeling of entitlement in this day and age.
What utter drivel. If you'd give up seeing your family for the sake of playing football then, quite frankly, they'd be better off without you.
What a nonsense reply, you forget to mention the fact that his highly paid job IS to play football. He is being paid many thousands of pounds per week for doing just that very thing, eg playing football, that is his day to day job. As to having to not see your family for a while because of the job you are being paid to perform, well how do you think the rest of the world gets on ? Many people have to work away from home, away from their families, sometimes months and years at a time and often ( in the case of poor people from third world countries ) for very low wages and working thousands of miles away for years at a time, why should highly paid footballers and the rest of the rich and famous be such a privileged and pampered species ? In the past I have also done contracting work where I was away from home for months at a time, its normal life for so many people, case of having to go where the money is in order to support yourself and your family. I think I was brought up in a much harder school of life, food rationing was in place when I was a kid along with many other things. From the age of 16 years old I was for two years working on a farm, in harvest time working 7 days a week from 7 am to 10.30 pm, hands red and cut up and falling exhausted into my bed when i got home, did me good though, toughened me up for life in the years ahead. Since those times I improved myself and the jobs that I worked in. I have been to many other Countries, sometimes on holiday, sometimes whilst working, seen how life is for people in poorer countries and helped those in need where and how I can, so I see things a lot differently to many others on this forum.
So because you had a 5hit life everyone else should too? As I said, utter drivel. The guy's got a young kid who's been sick. He'd rather spend time with his kid than do something frivolous like play football. Pretty much what any sane person would do.

You may see things differently but some clarity on priorities would be more help to you.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

EH16 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:12 am

So because you had a 5hit life everyone else should too? As I said, utter drivel. The guy's got a young kid who's been sick. He'd rather spend time with his kid than do something frivolous like play football. Pretty much what any sane person would do.

You may see things differently but some clarity on priorities would be more help to you.
Why so angry?
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

HeyO wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:42 am

Why so angry?
What makes you think I'm angry?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Chelsea allow Ngolo Kante to miss training

For the rest of the season if he wishes .
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Ornchurch, sorry you have suffered cancer, but I guess you truly shut up west side and his color code.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

As I remember Troy said it was an argument about a taxi and it came to a fight. He won, and served a prison sentence as a result. sh*t, if I done time for every fight I had I would be out doing Charles Bronson.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

If this football player and his club are in agreement about him being able to miss the rest of the season due to his childs bad health then that is a matter between him and his club. My main point is that many ordinary folk have to work away due to being unable to get time off to stay at home if children are suffering from health issues. Anyway enough said on that matter. Anyway, where did I say I had had a terrible life ? Going to work on a farm teaches you many things, not terrible at all ! Having to work hard and save hard makes you appreciate things far more than if everything is giving to you on a plate ! I later on progressed to be a mechanical engineer and skilled welder in all the various welding techniques, had some really good jobs with large multi national company s, which gave me very good pensions, worked abroad at times and am still very active and spend my life helping and teaching others various skills in what any way I can including donating my time to help people who are pensioners, disabilities etc doing jobs for them including gardening, car repairs and help in house decorating, to help others in need gives me a lot of pleasure, nothing sad about that at all ! I am multi skilled and can to my hand to most things, I count myself as VERY lucky and I am happier now than I have ever been ! My last comment on this topic now, my front door bell has just rang, my neighbour Wasim has brought me round some freshly cooked home made tasty onion bhajis, spicy vegetable samosas and chicken in batter, I think it is the last day of his families Ramadan, I shall eat this with some of my home made green tomato chutney.
Paddy Grealish
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy Grealish »

Sid Bishop wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:49 pm

If this football player and his club are in agreement about him being able to miss the rest of the season due to his childs bad health then that is a matter between him and his club. My main point is that many ordinary folk have to work away due to being unable to get time off to stay at home if children are suffering from health issues. Anyway enough said on that matter. Anyway, where did I say I had had a terrible life ? Going to work on a farm teaches you many things, not terrible at all ! Having to work hard and save hard makes you appreciate things far more than if everything is giving to you on a plate ! I later on progressed to be a mechanical engineer and skilled welder in all the various welding techniques, had some really good jobs with large multi national company s, which gave me very good pensions, worked abroad at times and am still very active and spend my life helping and teaching others various skills in what any way I can including donating my time to help people who are pensioners, disabilities etc doing jobs for them including gardening, car repairs and help in house decorating, to help others in need gives me a lot of pleasure, nothing sad about that at all ! I am multi skilled and can to my hand to most things, I count myself as VERY lucky and I am happier now than I have ever been ! My last comment on this topic now, my front door bell has just rang, my neighbour Wasim has brought me round some freshly cooked home made tasty onion bhajis, spicy vegetable samosas and chicken in batter, I think it is the last day of his families Ramadan, I shall eat this with some of my home made green tomato chutney.
Add a paragraph or 3 & your post might just be remotely readable & interesting.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Paddy Grealish wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:06 pm

Any thing Sid says is far more interesting than what ever you could come up with.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

point nine one eight wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:41 am

Any thing Sid says is far more interesting than what ever you could come up with.
Thank you kind Sir !!
Oh well you cant please everyone in life !
For the next few days and maybe if the weather holds, a few weeks ahead, I have devised a way to safely undertake doing some long needed roof repairs, re-cementing tiles etc, doing well so far and hopefully the job will soon be completed. Very rewarding to be able to do your own jobs, in this case just a couple of leaking tiles, although I am also doing some extra jobs , via re-cementing a few extra tiles which need some attention including the Ridge tiles. Local roofers dont seem to want to do basic small repairs, a few leaks and they seem to only be interested in trying to get you to pay them to fit a complete new roof !
Paddy Grealish
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy Grealish »

You really are Sid's b*tch, chap. Does he use you as a footstool?
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Ornchurch wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:58 pm I tell you one thing. He is a lot safer than I am given the amount of testing that he is getting.
I also reckon that the Watford training ground is a lot safer than the supermarkets that my wife has to visit so that we can eat.
If the supermarkets your wife visits correctly enforce social distancing protocol and don’t let too many people in at one time, she’ll have a pretty slim chance of catching the virus that way.

Someone who’s playing and training in a contact sport is obviously of greater risk and would require more regular testing.

I can’t read Sid’s posts without my eyes exploding but did he manage to stop talking about players’ wages and not having phones in the war yet?
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

If this football player and his club are in agreement about him being able to miss the rest of the season due to his childs bad health then that is a matter between him and his club - then why did you feel it was your place to tell him he should do something else?
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:47 am
Ornchurch wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:58 pm I tell you one thing. He is a lot safer than I am given the amount of testing that he is getting.
I also reckon that the Watford training ground is a lot safer than the supermarkets that my wife has to visit so that we can eat.
If the supermarkets your wife visits correctly enforce social distancing protocol and don’t let too many people in at one time, she’ll have a pretty slim chance of catching the virus that way.

Someone who’s playing and training in a contact sport is obviously of greater risk and would require more regular testing.

I can’t read Sid’s posts without my eyes exploding but did he manage to stop talking about players’ wages and not having phones in the war yet?
The supermarkets maybe applying the social distancing protocols but once inside it doesn't prevent the customers from doing as they please, including walking against the advised directions in aisles, climbing over other shoppers to retrieve items rather than waiting for space to clear and generally ignoring the 2m advice. Your experiences may be different but I suppose it depends on where you live.

Against that football clubs are only in phase 1 of training which is being strictly enforced and involves regular testing, groups of no more than 5 and enforced distancing of at least 2 metres at all times. You can see the tv evidence of this on Sky Sports as they have nothing else to show at the moment.

I fully understand the dangers of coming in to contact which is why I cannot see why the authorities are so keen for football to restart again but Deeney himself, unlike Kante, is not at personal risk. Kante may have been advised to shield until end of June, much like myself and others in the at risk category.

The question generally, although in this case relating to football, is should people refusing to do their job, when measures have been and can be taken for them to do it safely, be paid their full wage? My view is that Deeney is fully within his rights to protect his child but he could do that and return to training. The fact that he has chosen not to return to work has resulted in me asking the question.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Paddy Grealish wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:55 am

Presented with the opportunity to display your eloquent reply and you let your self down, the only thing you can do is abuse, you wont go far in the world like that, sad really
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

point nine one eight wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:23 am
Paddy Grealish wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:55 am

Presented with the opportunity to display your eloquent reply and you let your self down, the only thing you can do is abuse, you wont go far in the world like that, sad really
Many on here cannot place a comment without resorting to rage, abuse and abbreviated swear words. All in all, not at all conducive to win anyone over to their point of view, just showing their lack of self control and distinct lack of vocabulary.
SwallO
Fresh Alias

Post by SwallO »

EH16 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:01 am

If this football player and his club are in agreement about him being able to miss the rest of the season due to his childs bad health then that is a matter between him and his club - then why did you feel it was your place to tell him he should do something else?
this
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

It's an impossible profession to enforce social distancing in and it's not an essential job. It's that simple. This disease has the potential to end careers by causing permanent damage to the lungs. I'm amazed that this many players are comfortable returning to be honest.

Sid, you bang on about how much tougher it was in your day and how much less communally minded younger people are, yet seem to be incapable of putting yourself in someone else's shoes.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Redcard said : "Ornchurch, sorry you have suffered cancer, but I guess you truly shut up west side and his color code."
Well he didn't shut me up. The fact that somebody has had cancer doesn't necessarily mean that the immunity system is compromised, unless: lymph glands have been removed, or they are still on drugs that could compromise the immunity system. Cancer is a wide ranging disease. Many who have suffered are at no greater risk than the rest of us. Unless of course they are black, mixed race , Asian etc. Empathy seems to be on short supply on this Board. I feel however much you earn, is irrelevant if you have croaked!
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

West Side Story wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:12 pm Redcard said : "Ornchurch, sorry you have suffered cancer, but I guess you truly shut up west side and his color code."
Well he didn't shut me up. The fact that somebody has had cancer doesn't necessarily mean that the immunity system is compromised, unless: lymph glands have been removed, or they are still on drugs that could compromise the immunity system. Cancer is a wide ranging disease. Many who have suffered are at no greater risk than the rest of us. Unless of course they are black, mixed race , Asian etc. Empathy seems to be on short supply on this Board. I feel however much you earn, is irrelevant if you have croaked!
I have cancer. I am on medication to slow it down as it cannot be 'cured'. The medication means that I am at a very high risk.

I am White so I assume that you don't care. Am I bothered ? No.