Pitch Invasion Saturday

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Pandy
Fresh Alias

Re: Pitch Invasion Saturday

Post by Pandy »

Ok then, everyone who is planning to go on the pitch grab a wheelchair on the way, I'm sure they will be thrilled..... Think I remember a chap wheeled on at the Colchester game.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Good to see spen coming to the aid of our disabled fans having spent weeks arguing they should have their free season tickets revoked.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

spen666 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:41 pm
Red_Army wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:22 pm
spen666 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:20 pm

Live in the real world?

You think wheelchair based fans can invade the pitch?

You who seemingly doesn't give a sh*t about others enjoyment being ruined by your selfish desire to run on the pitch.

If you feel the need to run on grass then f*CK off to the park and stop being so self centred and selfish for those around you
Have you never seen those pictures of people in wheelchairs on the pitch?

What about when people go to the front for a lap of honour then?

We get the idea, you don't give a sh*t about anyone else other than yourself and you having fun no matter the effect on others.

Strange from a person who was preaching about others not denying people their fun
Once again, in an attempt to be a contrarian, Spen666 is wrong.

Video evidence that disabled people are able to take part in a pitch invasion:

A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

It's not just young 'uns who go on the pitch, you know.

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Pandy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:46 pm Ok then, everyone who is planning to go on the pitch grab a wheelchair on the way, I'm sure they will be thrilled..... Think I remember a chap wheeled on at the Colchester game.
Id ask any Un-abled fans who want to go on to wear something Red to signify they wanted to go on the pitch.

That way we wouldnt want to upset those who are law abiding citizens from the deliquent ones.

Able bodied & Un-abled bodied deliquents together
Able bodied Bores & un-abled bodied bores together.
Groombridge
Fresh Alias

Post by Groombridge »

If it happens just saviour the occasion, will be very emotional remembering some Os supporters who saw our demise but are no longer with us to enjoy the moment
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

I’m slightly guilty of this myself, but I don’t understand why people waste their time with Spen666.

He’s just a bore who tries to be a contrarian but is really bad at it. Constantly making ridiculous points then quoting random laws as if that somehow makes all his tedious ramblings enshrined in legislation. Always ignoring reality or valid points which expose his idiocy.

Always gets made to look a fool. Just check the Joey Barton thread for a good example. He soon crawled back under his stone after being mugged off on there.

Never posts anything positive about the club or the fans.

Just a really sad individual who gets kicks being an irritating pedant on a Leyton Orient message board.

I notice how he’s been silent the past few days, whilst Orient have basically won the league. Only crawls from under his rock to argue with people about celebrating on Saturday.

What a strange idividual.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

A Pedant wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:21 pm It's not just young 'uns who go on the pitch, you know.

I remember that couple walking past my wife and two kids as I was trying to take a picture of them on the pitch and I remarked at the time “still in love after all those years” whoever took that shot should take a bow as it says so many things on so many different levels. Top class.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Love that pic.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Esteban wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:34 pm I’m slightly guilty of this myself, but I don’t understand why people waste their time with Spen666.

He’s just a bore who tries to be a contrarian but is really bad at it. Constantly making ridiculous points then quoting random laws as if that somehow makes all his tedious ramblings enshrined in legislation. Always ignoring reality or valid points which expose his idiocy.

Always gets made to look a fool. Just check the Joey Barton thread for a good example. He soon crawled back under his stone after being mugged off on there.

Never posts anything positive about the club or the fans.

Just a really sad individual who gets kicks being an irritating pedant on a Leyton Orient message board.

I notice how he’s been silent the past few days, whilst Orient have basically won the league. Only crawls from under his rock to argue with people about celebrating on Saturday.

What a strange idividual.
Guilty as well.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Someone will post a similar statement about NOMce soon.

Some people need a fix of feeling important and listened to.

We should all feel pity towards such individuals and be there for them if they need to talk.

That is the humane thing to do.
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

Red_Army wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:23 pm What a boring bunch. We won't get a points deduction for invading the pitch. Who really cares about a lap of honour, really?
Not boring at all. So a few hundred selfish fans invade the pitch and deny the remaining 8000 the chance of watching the team, JE and hero’s Nigel and Kent do a lap of honour.
I’d call those who break the law and trespass on the pitch thoughtless snd selfish.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Winchesterfan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:15 pm
Red_Army wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:23 pm What a boring bunch. We won't get a points deduction for invading the pitch. Who really cares about a lap of honour, really?
Not boring at all. So a few hundred selfish fans invade the pitch and deny the remaining 8000 the chance of watching the team, JE and hero’s Nigel and Kent do a lap of honour.
I’d call those who break the law and trespass on the pitch thoughtless snd selfish.
That’s the spirit.
See you on the pitch on Saturday. I’ll bring the flares.
👍
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

Disoriented wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:19 pm
That’s the spirit.
See you on the pitch on Saturday. I’ll bring the flares.
👍
Have you got an O nut? If so please don’t drop it on the pitch. Flares went out of fashion years ago.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Have a word. It would be embarrassing if we didn't celebrate our first title in almost 5 decades with a pitch invasion.

I hope and expect that any non-footballing club officials take no part in this 'lap of honour'.

I'd much rather show my appreciation for the team by giving them a massive hug and lifting them into the air, like every other team does.

Anyway this parade can wait until the open top bus tour down the high road when we've hopefully secured a historic double.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

That picture should be on the front of the first programme of next season. Togetherness at its finest
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

I was on the pitch as a kid celebrating in 1970, when we won our last game to avoid relegation (forget the year) and again when be beat Wrexham
If we do go up Saturday I shall be on the pitch again, not like we have had many things to celebrate over the years
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

I was thinking of making a flag to mark the occasion. By any chance, do you think the club will have placed flags on the seats before the game?
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Has there been any word from the club about the prospect of a pitch-invasion? They are not in favour, presumably.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Give it to Jabo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:21 am I was thinking of making a flag to mark the occasion. By any chance, do you think the club will have placed flags on the seats before the game?
I thought the same thing Jabo, but wouldn’t it be a bit presumptuous just in case we screwed things up ??
Not likely, I know, but I don’t think the club could take the chance.
Re the pitch invasion, I don’t think the club would be in favour, but providing we get the result we need it will happen I’m sure but i’d Just like the players to be given the chance for a lap of honour maybe with their families, before the fans all come on.
I agree we’ve had nothing to celebrate for so long and people will be excited, but let’s just hope we get the result first.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Groombridge wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:38 pm If it happens just saviour the occasion, will be very emotional remembering some Os supporters who saw our demise but are no longer with us to enjoy the moment
Absolutely this. We have lost too many Os fans in the last couple of years including I believe that lovely old couple in the picture, Frankie Bish and many many more. Let's enjoy the moment, let the players, staff and their families enjoy the moment and do what the club ask us to do regarding pitch invasions and give classy support right to the end.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

LittleMate wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:33 pm That picture should be on the front of the first programme of next season. Togetherness at its finest
Yes!
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

You want the owners to do a lap of honour? 😂
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

Top of the West. wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:59 am
Groombridge wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:38 pm If it happens just saviour the occasion, will be very emotional remembering some Os supporters who saw our demise but are no longer with us to enjoy the moment
Absolutely this. We have lost too many Os fans in the last couple of years including I believe that lovely old couple in the picture
Only one of them, Bill Measure sadly died in 2015 but as far as I know Maureen is still with us. https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2015/ ... l-measure/
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

A Pedant wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:53 am
Top of the West. wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:59 am
Absolutely this. We have lost too many Os fans in the last couple of years including I believe that lovely old couple in the picture
Only one of them, Bill Measure sadly died in 2015 but as far as I know Maureen is still with us. https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2015/ ... l-measure/
Thanks A Pedant, I thought Maureen passed not long after, if she is still with us be lovely if Maureen was a guest of the club on Saturday, I think that picture touched a lot of people.