Third Kit

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Third Kit

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Imagine how exciting if we’re allowed to play in this kit!
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

RedO wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:25 pm
RedO wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:09 pm 2:30PM!!!

Just over 2 hours to go until we're all bitterly disappointed. :D
Called it.
You nose best.
Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Post by Fellowo »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:23 pm
Fellowo wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:43 pm
Thor wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:10 pm The club says the braces kit is one of the fondest remembered shirts in the clubs history.

Err, no it's the best kit we've ever had and its rated as one of the most iconic kits ever made, full stop.

Next season the main kit has to be the braces, if Macklin makes it I guarantee it will be the biggest selling kit we've had in years. A financial success awaits. Do the right thing Danny boy.

Keep turning out tractor inspired rubbish and sales will nose dive.

As I said above I like the white kit.
100% agree with you, it really would fly off the shelves as would appeal to young and old.

What Danny will tell you (and what Matt Porter mentioned previously) is that the club would have to guarantee that a certain amount were sold for a manufacturer like New Balance, Nike, etc to create a bespoke kit and the club simply wouldn't risk it as no doubt the club would have to pay the surplus should it not hit the target. In fact the target might even be beyond what Orient would sell so might be a non starter.

The only other option is to go with a lesser known manufacturer that is happy just to get sales and create the kit we wanted (what Hearn done for a few years), but then quality could be compromised.
Bespoke kit. ? What other clubs have our tyre print design shirts
What I mean by bespoke is a design that's not readily available for other clubs to select and having already checked, the tyre design as you call it is. So for all we know, whilst another professional club may not share the same design, some Sunday league pub team might.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

The kit was released as a commercial enterprise to make money, and it will do that.

Personally, i think its not bad, and better than the red or blue kits we play in. They will sell many because kids will drive their parents mad etc, and we are now about 3½ months from Christmas, and its an ideal pressy.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Thor wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:37 pm Yet real Madrid have one of the best and endearing kits and that's all white and people love it. We do it and it gets slaughtered.

I like it, can't stand the home kit, the blue is better, but white is nice.

Bring back the braces, that's what I'm saying.
I think that maybe more to do with the fact that it's real Madrid rather than the fact that it's white.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Hardly worth the wait. Boring.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:34 pm The kit was released as a commercial enterprise to make money, and it will do that.

Personally, i think its not bad, and better than the red or blue kits we play in. They will sell many because kids will drive their parents mad etc, and we are now about 3½ months from Christmas, and its an ideal pressy.
Kids will not want the third kit - that is a fallacy.
whittle81
Fresh Alias

Post by whittle81 »

The blue shirts, with white shorts and white socks with blue trim worn in the 1960's is my favourite kit.