Alias's / Suspected Alias / Outed Alias Thread

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Alias's / Suspected Alias / Outed Alias Thread

Post by y o y o y »

BoniO wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:59 pm
admin wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:28 pm
BoniO wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Spen?

PS - enjoying the public humiliation aspect as well
Don't see it as public humiliation - more a reminder that alias's are generally unfunny and unwanted - particularly when they take contrary positions.
OK I was right but I'll pass on the free alias ta ;)
So you were right BoniO, well done. Do you winalot?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

y o y o y wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:10 pm
BoniO wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:59 pm

Don't see it as public humiliation - more a reminder that alias's are generally unfunny and unwanted - particularly when they take contrary positions.
OK I was right but I'll pass on the free alias ta ;)
So you were right BoniO, well done. Do you winalot?
Gnaw't a lot pal
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

Thanks chum
Bottomley’s Ghost
Fresh Alias

Post by Bottomley’s Ghost »

I don’t get it. How could Spen also be SalfordO and posting on the same threads unless he’s a really quick driver on Britain’s motorway network?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

admin wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:04 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:44 pm
HARVEY T DENTON wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:21 pm Is anyone claiming faith?
I'm keen to know too.
If Faith is an alias, then he's good - not once in god knows how many years has this one posted from an IP that matches another user.
I think to get away with it for so long he'd have to be good. But some of the stuff he posts is far too predictable to be a real person.
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

admin wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:20 pm Here.

Clearly we've got quite a few of these going on here - so this thread is for you to report a suspected alias and your guess as to who that alias really is.

Before I out the owner of Off The Hook username, does anyone fancy a guess as to who this is? Winner gets a free alias.
What happens now to Speed999. Is he off the hook and free to carry on posting
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I'll leave Spen to wallow on this one for the time being although as I've said to him in a PM, I'm less than impressed to trip across these alias's after his previous spat with Esteban where I'd gone against my own judgement and allowed him back on here.

On the subject of Esteban, both PJ and I have had to now delete various new registrations which are his attempts to get back on the board - some of these have obviously got past us previously and I've today had to delete a whole raft of new registrations as they've been made from generic email addresses. Clearly, any new registrations are going to need closer scrutiny which of course is more time consuming - I'll update the new user thread above to make clear that any new registration will be left pending until such time as an email is sent to admin@lofcforum.com confirming the registration as genuine. It's a shame that it's come to this but whilst people are prepared to behave like complete arses there's not really any alternative.

With regards to alias's, I will be looking for IP matches more closely now - any I find as conclusive will be bunged on this thread and subject to how those alias's have been used, sanctions will be put in place. In the spirit of compromise, I'm happy to offer a private Alias amnesty via PM if anyone feels like confessing...…..

In the meantime, much love maaan….

FTC X
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

point nine one eight wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:43 pm
BoniO wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Spen?

PS - enjoying the public humiliation aspect as well
I thought alias's were rife on the old board, in fact it seemed compulsory at times and acceptable as the norm. Welcome as this new action is what has brought about the way of thinking. Not that I'm complaining, just puzzled.
Because Mens Mental health has moved on
You can pick up the phone & talk now.
As opposed to getting a knock on the door from the men in white coats .
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

admin wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:28 pm I'll leave Spen to wallow on this one for the time being although as I've said to him in a PM, I'm less than impressed to trip across these alias's after his previous spat with Esteban where I'd gone against my own judgement and allowed him back on here.

On the subject of Esteban, both PJ and I have had to now delete various new registrations which are his attempts to get back on the board - some of these have obviously got past us previously and I've today had to delete a whole raft of new registrations as they've been made from generic email addresses. Clearly, any new registrations are going to need closer scrutiny which of course is more time consuming - I'll update the new user thread above to make clear that any new registration will be left pending until such time as an email is sent to admin@lofcforum.com confirming the registration as genuine. It's a shame that it's come to this but whilst people are prepared to behave like complete arses there's not really any alternative.

With regards to alias's, I will be looking for IP matches more closely now - any I find as conclusive will be bunged on this thread and subject to how those alias's have been used, sanctions will be put in place. In the spirit of compromise, I'm happy to offer a private Alias amnesty via PM if anyone feels like confessing...…..

FTC X
Good work. After getting back on here, which surprised me after his frankly disgusting behaviour along with Esteban, I'd rather not see Spenny around any more.

Personally, as far as Aliases are concerned, I think you should err on the draconian side. I would rather see 10 innocent men punished than 1 guilty party go free.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Weird aliases, havent looked at the posts made but from memory I dont recall anything offensive being posted.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

StillSpike wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:46 pm
admin wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:28 pm I'll leave Spen to wallow on this one for the time being although as I've said to him in a PM, I'm less than impressed to trip across these alias's after his previous spat with Esteban where I'd gone against my own judgement and allowed him back on here.

FTC X
Good work. After getting back on here, which surprised me after his frankly disgusting behaviour along with Esteban, I'd rather not see Spenny around any more.

Personally, as far as Aliases are concerned, I think you should err on the draconian side. I would rather see 10 innocent men punished than 1 guilty party go free.
I'm not sure our legal eagle Spen would agree with that view ;)
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

StillSpike wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:46 pm

FTC X

I'd rightly or wrongly concluded that of the two, Esteban had somewhat gone after Spen relentlessly (which is sort of borne out by the pattern of behaviour for each of his subsequent registrations) - I had considered another ban for Spen but will hold off in the hope that contrition will rehabilitate.

BTW, thanks for the amnesty PM - I'd never have guessed that was you. Still, a major mystery cleared up...…
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Heh
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:14 pm Red Dwarf 1881
No , its not me mate .
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

This is more like the Board of old when Coolred ruled the waves....
i8ubutler
Regular
Regular

Post by i8ubutler »

Before that photo ......................
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

FTC X
Is spen even real?

Yes, I know he’s got a blog or something but is that genuine or someone taking character role play to another, disturbing level? Does anyone actually know him?

Whilst we’re doing the alias amnesty thing, I’d like to confess that I am behind prestige worldwide. Please feel free to block the account forthwith, I’m very sorry.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

^ heh
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

Who's got the time and patience for three accounts? Christ almighty.
Jman
Fresh Alias

Post by Jman »

Just imagine sitting at home, making various accounts and aliases to argue with yourself on a Leyton Orient messageboard.

Let that sink in for a minute
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Some people are just a bit weird, aren’t they?
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:17 pm OCW?
OCW is Lucky 7.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Stowaway wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:57 pm Some people are just a bit weird, aren’t they?
Some? Try using backdoorentry.net (a useful tool) and you'll see that via a variety of subnet masks Spen is Orienttony. Simples.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Buddy Manucci wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:54 am
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:17 pm OCW?
OCW is Lucky 7.
Nah, Lucky 7 doesn’t post at 3 in the morning.

Hang on....... :lol:
HARVEY T DENTON
Fresh Alias

Post by HARVEY T DENTON »

Omygawd wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:03 am
Stowaway wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:57 pm Some people are just a bit weird, aren’t they?
Some? Try using backdoorentry.net (a useful tool) and you'll see that via a variety of subnet masks Spen is Orienttony. Simples.

safe for work?