Signings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Re: Signings

Post by Lucky7 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:39 am
Lucky7 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:31 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:50 pm Alabi scored 2 goals in the NL last year. Him getting 5 in this league is laughable.

Was the wrong choice of sub yesterday and I think it was Ross going heart over head. Tbf to the lad, he didnt do badly but his hold up play in the last 5 minutes was laughable. Ross and Webb were both shaking their heads when he tried to hold it in the corner and lost it within 2 seconds.
Well considering it was Embleton who told Alabi and co to go to the corner flag then should we slap him down as well ?
1st game of the season we win and some of you still find something to gripe about

Ffs Ling
Exactly, thats why they were shaking their head. They told him to take it to the corner, and i'm just guessing here, to hold the ball up. He lost it within 2 seconds.

Harrold would have had that ball down there for 45 seconds and then wont free kick.
So there’s at least 3-4 minutes of injury time left management tell Alabi to go to corner flag instead of taking an attacking free kick against 9 men I know who I’m shaking my head at and it’s not Alabi
He put in a decent enough shift and he was part of a winning side what more do you want

Try and get over the obsessive hate step you have for Alabi It’s getting to the both of you
Newtonian
Fresh Alias

Post by Newtonian »

Lucky7 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:20 am

Well considering it was Embleton who told Alabi and co to go to the corner flag then should we slap him down as well ?
1st game of the season we win and some of you still find something to gripe about

Ffs Ling
Exactly, thats why they were shaking their head. They told him to take it to the corner, and i'm just guessing here, to hold the ball up. He lost it within 2 seconds.

Harrold would have had that ball down there for 45 seconds and then wont free kick.
So there’s at least 3-4 minutes of injury time left management tell Alabi to go to corner flag instead of taking an attacking free kick against 9 men I know who I’m shaking my head at and it’s not Alabi
He put in a decent enough shift and he was part of a winning side what more do you want

Try and get over the obsessive hate step you have for Alabi It’s getting to the both of you
Blah Blah Blah.... so go on, put your neck on the line. How many goals do you think Alabi will score for Orient in League 2 this season (19/20). I'm happy to go on record and say that it'll be less than 5. What's your prediction? Bet you don't have the bottle to actually make a prediction. Just sit around waiting to have a pop at other board members from behind your keyboard.
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

I think he will be loaned out before the end of August.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Newtonian wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:23 am

Blah Blah Blah.... so go on, put your neck on the line. How many goals do you think Alabi will score for Orient in League 2 this season (19/20). I'm happy to go on record and say that it'll be less than 5. What's your prediction? Bet you don't have the bottle to actually make a prediction. Just sit around waiting to have a pop at other board members from behind your keyboard.
Your defo Zippo’s Circus material Isaac or maybe health and safety officer seeing as you want everything signed off
I haven’t seen one post of yours talking about Leyton Orient per say just an obsession of dislike towards one player
Bell ends sad sacks keyboard warriors blah blah blah your words not mine

It’s not a very good alias whoever you are
As I stated to Wumble a few weeks ago would you have the minerals to say this to Alabi’s face?
And you call me a keyboard warrior
Don’t forget your big shoes before you go out today🤡
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Buddy Manucci wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:25 am I think he will be loaned out before the end of August.
I don’t know about the end of August but I think he will end up being loaned out. IMO, If we make another couple of signings before the transfer window closes his first team opportunities will be virtually nonexistent.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Ffs Ling

I thought it was very negative to ask Alabi or anybody else to take the ball to the corner flag to waste time.
We were playing 9 men FFS and i would rather we had looked for a second goal...............Cheltenham didn`t have a shot on target in the whole game and apart from the opening 10 mins, didn`t look like scoring.
I thought Alabi did ok in his cameo and came close to scoring twice IIRC.
I think if Ross give him a chance then he may surprise a few people on here.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I think JE would have gone all out for a second goal. Probably the occasion and lack of experience played it’s part with Ross but I agree he’ll surprise a few people as he grows into the Manager’s roll . I’m probably old fashioned but i still prefer the title Manager to Head Coach.
HARVEY T DENTON
Fresh Alias

Post by HARVEY T DENTON »

Not the sort of filling I was expecting.
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Was definately the right decision to play it safe, and it's pretty ridiculous to associate this to how we might have played under Justin Edinburgh. It's not like we completely shut up shop and played 10 behind the ball anyway.

The win meant everything to the players and securing it was the most important thing.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Buddy Manucci wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:20 pm Was definately the right decision to play it safe, and it's pretty ridiculous to associate this to how we might have played under Justin Edinburgh. It's not like we completely shut up shop and played 10 behind the ball anyway.

The win meant everything to the players and securing it was the most important thing.
I agree. It was a bit frustrating at the time but actually, for me, a decision to go all out and win it was the naive approach.

We were 1-0 up, first game, new league, emotional day. Just seeing it out was sensible. Shame Alabi couldn't really help run down the clock.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

spen666 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:27 pmEsteban?
Sadly, yes. Yet another alias he had. Sooner or later we’re going to have to suspend new registrations.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Esteban is a silly sausage and the board is a better place without him, but curious as to why he's perma'd whereas Spen has been allowed back?
Leyton Green
Fresh Alias

Post by Leyton Green »

Newtonian wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:36 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:50 pm Alabi scored 2 goals in the NL last year. Him getting 5 in this league is laughable.

Was the wrong choice of sub yesterday and I think it was Ross going heart over head. Tbf to the lad, he didnt do badly but his hold up play in the last 5 minutes was laughable. Ross and Webb were both shaking their heads when he tried to hold it in the corner and lost it within 2 seconds.

Ffs Ling
Are you willing to go on record and say that you believe that Alabi will score 5 goals or more for Orient in League two this season (19/20)?

Let’s get this in writing.

All too easy having a pop at anyone who points out how obviously Alabi is out of his depth at this level but I want to see you actually put yourself behind a prediction. I bet you won’t. Keyboard warrior.

I reckon he might get 3 or 4.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Alabi was poo poo in the NL, so why on earth do some people expect him to be better a division higher?

Justin placed him on the transfer list for a reason.....i note nobody came in and took him

Ruel should have been given those last minutes, not Alabi
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:16 pm Alabi was poo poo in the NL, so why on earth do some people expect him to be better a division higher?

Justin placed him on the transfer list for a reason.....i note nobody came in and took him

Ok let’s do some quick maths here
Alabi’s 2 goals in NL got us 4 points
Take them away and it’s a play off place not the title
Why should Sotiriou get the last minutes over Alabi or Harrold?
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:22 pm
Buddy Manucci wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:20 pm Was definately the right decision to play it safe, and it's pretty ridiculous to associate this to how we might have played under Justin Edinburgh. It's not like we completely shut up shop and played 10 behind the ball anyway.

I agree. It was a bit frustrating at the time but actually, for me, a decision to go all out and win it was the naive approach.

We were 1-0 up, first game, new league, emotional day. Just seeing it out was sensible. Shame Alabi couldn't really help run down the clock.
So you may be back at the end of the season with your usual I was wrong apology letter cos we might of missed out on goal difference
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Lucky7 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:31 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:22 pm

So you may be back at the end of the season with your usual I was wrong apology letter cos we might of missed out on goal difference
Maybe. But we'll never hear your apology if we went for a 3rd, committed men, got broken on and only picked up a point on saturday.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

We where going for a 2nd not a 3rd where you watching or to worried about that cistern in the West
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Surprised you thought Wrights shot actually went in. "ahhh side netting".
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Lucky7 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:24 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:16 pm Alabi was poo poo in the NL, so why on earth do some people expect him to be better a division higher?

Because Sotiriou is the future...he needs mins in league 2......Alabi is no good, and Harrold is fair but Ruel is the future as i just said.
now stop being provocative just for the sake of it, you naughty boy
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:20 pm
Lucky7 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:24 pm

Because Sotiriou is the future...he needs mins in league 2......Alabi is no good, and Harrold is fair but Ruel is the future as i just said.
now stop being provocative just for the sake of it, you naughty boy
Face it Sotiriou will only really get mins if the other 4/5 are injured
I think we would see a bit more of him towards end of season if we are safe etc
For now bench warmer at best even might find himself out on loan
Provocative me? Never 😋
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:56 pm Surprised you thought Wrights shot actually went in. "ahhh side netting".
Serious question
Did you phone a plumber re the leaky cistern
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

If they fixed it, what would i moan about?
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Cheshunto wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:39 am

I thought it was very negative to ask Alabi or anybody else to take the ball to the corner flag to waste time.
We were playing 9 men FFS and i would rather we had looked for a second goal...............Cheltenham didn`t have a shot on target in the whole game and apart from the opening 10 mins, didn`t look like scoring.
I thought Alabi did ok in his cameo and came close to scoring twice IIRC.
I think if Ross give him a chance then he may surprise a few people on here.
I’m assuming he was under orders to waste time and doing the corner flag stuff fits the bill. Wastes a few seconds and frustrates the opponents. Frustrated me too but if Cheltenham fluked an equaliser people would be saying why didn’t we manage the last few minutes better. We managed the endgame and got 3 points. Job done.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

I’d rather ‘manage the game ‘ by trying, against a tired 9 men’ to score a second.
Just my opinion of course, but fans around me were also frustrated.
Mind you this turned to Laughter when Alabi fell over the ball !!!!