Ratings from today?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Re: Ratings from today?

Post by LittleMate »

Kitch’s Magic Toes wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:36 am JMD was dire, Wright and Clay were excellent. Everyone else was around 6/10 with good moments and bad. Brophy probably best of the rest.
JMD very ineffectual in the first half and his first two contributions in the second were a mishit corner and a ballooned free kick. I thought he was lucky to get as much time on the pitch as he did. I thought Clay enjoyed having Wright with him; Brophy had his man; the 2 young central defenders got up to the pace/expectancy of the game as it progressed.

I was very impressed with the control and ability of both strikers - Angol in particular. With backs to goal, both command the space in front of them well. Time will tell if that translates into goals, but it was also good to see them link up for the disallowed effort.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

JMD had a couple of brilliant corners, one of which Coulson hit the bar with.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

LittleMate wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:15 am
Kitch’s Magic Toes wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:36 am JMD was dire, Wright and Clay were excellent. Everyone else was around 6/10 with good moments and bad. Brophy probably best of the rest.
JMD very ineffectual in the first half and his first two contributions in the second were a mishit corner and a ballooned free kick. I thought he was lucky to get as much time on the pitch as he did. I thought Clay enjoyed having Wright with him; Brophy had his man; the 2 young central defenders got up to the pace/expectancy of the game as it progressed.

I was very impressed with the control and ability of both strikers - Angol in particular. With backs to goal, both command the space in front of them well. Time will tell if that translates into goals, but it was also good to see them link up for the disallowed effort.
What disallowed effort ?
You mean the one that hit the side netting in the first half?
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Brill 6. No idea if it was a penalty or not.

Ling 8 best game from him I have seen. Defensively very solid and above Judd's level. Actually looked semi competent going forward too.
Ekpiteta 7 slow start but grew into the game. His recovery and tackle against the speedy dwarf fella was brilliant.
Coulson 7 won't have too many easier games
Happe 8 going to excel this season.
Brophy 7 needs to release one touch earlier at times

Clay 8 my MoM. Continued where he left off last season
Wright 8. The Wright from Gillingham rather then Bradford. Calm on the ball, not just sideways. If he gets into the box like that will end up with a few goals too.

JMD 5 our weakest player on the day which surprised me. Think Dennis will start over him before long anyway

Angol 7 looked like a real asset. Brilliant touch. Him and Wilkinson are going to be a handful once they have had s few games together. Finish for his disallowed goal looked excellent.
Wilkinson 7 ditto above with his touch. Strong lad too.

Dennis n/a no time to impact, but looks quick
Alabi 6 not much time, but made a nuisance of himself
Seargent 6 nothing to do, one dodgy kick. Defense looked assured with him behind them still.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Lucky7 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:24 am
LittleMate wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:15 am

What disallowed effort ?
You mean the one that hit the side netting in the first half?
That's what comes of sitting in the South Stand, to the RHS. The lino had his flag up for offside and so I assumed it was a disallowed goal.
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

We did have the ball in the net LM.

42: The O's have the ball in the net through Lee Angol who finishes a good move off but the offside flag cuts short the celebrations.

0-0 #LOFCLive
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Buddy Manucci wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:37 am We did have the ball in the net LM.

42: The O's have the ball in the net through Lee Angol who finishes a good move off but the offside flag cuts short the celebrations.

0-0 #LOFCLive
It was the side netting didn’t fool any of us big shots in the East😋
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Cheltenham Town

42| Leyton Orient have the ball in the back of the net through Lee Angol's explosive finish, but the assistant referee has his flag up and it's ruled out for offside.

#lofc 0-0 #ctfc
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Highlights are up. Disallowed goal from an excellent finish. Back to the drawing board Lucky 7.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Buddy Manucci wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:03 pm Highlights are up. Disallowed goal from an excellent finish. Back to the drawing board Lucky 7.
Big Ron told me it was side netting
I might have to disqualify him from the big shots seats😋
BrendO
Fresh Alias

Post by BrendO »

O my gawd
Fresh Alias

Post by O my gawd »

Buddy Manucci wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:24 am Brill 6. No idea if it was a penalty or not.

Ling 8 best game from him I have seen. Defensively very solid and above Judd's level. Actually looked semi competent going forward too.
Ekpiteta 7 slow start but grew into the game. His recovery and tackle against the speedy dwarf fella was brilliant.

Wright 8. The Wright from Gillingham rather then Bradford. Calm on the ball, not just sideways. If he gets into the box like that will end up with a few goals too.

JMD 5 our weakest player on the day which surprised me. Think Dennis will start over him before long anyway

Angol 7 looked like a real asset. Brilliant touch. Him and Wilkinson are going to be a handful once they have had s few games together. Finish for his disallowed goal looked excellent.

Seargent 6 nothing to do, one dodgy kick. Defense looked assured with him behind them still.
Think they're probably the fairest marks so far 👌
Newtonian
Fresh Alias

Post by Newtonian »

O my gawd wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:26 pm
Buddy Manucci wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:24 am Brill 6. No idea if it was a penalty or not.

🤡

If you think that failing to hold the ball in the corner and missing from about 5 yards out is a 6/10 then you really are as stupid as you sound. Do you fancy Alabi or something?
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Newtonian wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:58 pm

🤡

If you think that failing to hold the ball in the corner and missing from about 5 yards out is a 6/10 then you really are as stupid as you sound. Do you fancy Alabi or something?
I notice you out Alabi in quite a few threads Isaac maybe it’s you who has the man crush on him but your in denial 😋
Newtonian
Fresh Alias

Post by Newtonian »

Lucky7 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:41 pm
Newtonian wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:58 pm

🤡

I notice you out Alabi in quite a few threads Isaac maybe it’s you who has the man crush on him but your in denial 😋
Zzzzzz