Discounted Hospitality

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Discounted Hospitality

Post by Daily Express bot »

Joe315 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:56 pm
Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:49 pm
Joe315 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:46 pm

I've eaten off a cold plate at one of Ramseys restraunts & if you are referencing him & a £50 note to quantify standards, I feel sorry for your taste buds.
I’m talking about hospitality at Leyton Orient. Had I been in the GR restaurant I’d have backed the meal but was with a large group of pub friends so just accepted it for ‘loyalty to the club’.
More Fool you for" Dining out" at a Football Match.
Peer pressure but never again.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

You said many times with different groups. Peer pressure is your reasoning for being giving your money away for bad service. Sounds like you need to learn to say No & also what proper " Dining Out" experience is.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Joe315 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:17 pm You said many times with different groups. Peer pressure is your reasoning for being giving your money away for bad service. Sounds like you need to learn to say No & also what proper " Dining Out" experience is.
I know, I’m easily led and persuaded. I said never again but will get pressurised. I don’t intend going again. I find eating out these days generally very disappointing at the best of times.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:55 pm
Joe315 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:17 pm You said many times with different groups. Peer pressure is your reasoning for being giving your money away for bad service. Sounds like you need to learn to say No & also what proper " Dining Out" experience is.
I know, I’m easily led and persuaded. I said never again but will get pressurised. I don’t intend going again. I find eating out these days generally very disappointing at the best of times.
Up your £50 a head & visit michelin star infrequently & your experience will explode as will your tastebuds
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Joe315 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:06 pm
Up your £50 a head & visit michelin star infrequently & your experience will explode as will your tastebuds
I have been to La Gavroche once for a special occasion, it was very nice and the service impeccable. Also a place in North Norfolk on the coast, equally as good. I know what you mean by fine dining. It was a good experience.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:45 pm

I have been to La Gavroche once for a special occasion, it was very nice and the service impeccable. Also a place in North Norfolk on the coast, equally as good. I know what you mean by fine dining. It was a good experience.
If you know why are you critiquing a League 1 Foootball club ? A bit different if we sign a Michelin star chef in january transfer window.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Joe315 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:56 pm

If you know why are you critiquing a League 1 Foootball club ? A bit different if we sign a Michelin star chef in january transfer window.
Because the offerings there at the Gallery was not up to a lacklustre Toby Carvery. I don’t know what Toby Charge now but it was under a Tenner when I last went. Awful stodgy food too but at least it was piping hot and the plates were warm. I don’t eat out much at all these days as I prefer home cooking.!
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:16 pm
Joe315 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:56 pm

Because the offerings there at the Gallery was not up to a lacklustre Toby Carvery. I don’t know what Toby Charge now but it was under a Tenner when I last went. Awful stodgy food too but at least it was piping hot and the plates were warm. I don’t eat out much at all these days as I prefer home cooking.!
More fool those who "dine" at a Football match again. Caveat Emptor as the Romans used to say.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Mrs NES & I are dining "upstairs" before the game tomorrow. Price has been dropped from last time which was the Pompey match. And for those who say, more fool you for paying those prices - if the food is as it was last time, it's good food; we enjoy the company/banter around; Lucy and her waitresses are excellent; we like the pre-match player interview and the after match MOTM award and we are supporting the Os by putting a few more quid in their coffers.

COYOs
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

EliotNes wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:10 am Mrs NES & I are dining "upstairs" before the game tomorrow. Price has been dropped from last time which was the Pompey match. And for those who say, more fool you for paying those prices - if the food is as it was last time, it's good food; we enjoy the company/banter around; Lucy and her waitresses are excellent; we like the pre-match player interview and the after match MOTM award and we are supporting the Os by putting a few more quid in their coffers.

COYOs
I’m glad they have dropped the price, my friend got a call from the commercial Dept a week or two trying to get him to buy the 3 for 2 offer, so I guess numbers have dropped since whoever decided to hike prices by such a huge amount.
Lucy and the waiting staff have always been great……… my experience of the food last season was ‘mixed’ but probably just about worth the £35 we paid………the atmosphere was always good especially when there was a ‘stag group ‘ present.
Hope you Enjoy tomorrow Nessy 😊
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

EliotNes wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:10 am Mrs NES & I are dining "upstairs" before the game tomorrow. Price has been dropped from last time which was the Pompey match. And for those who say, more fool you for paying those prices - if the food is as it was last time, it's good food; we enjoy the company/banter around; Lucy and her waitresses are excellent; we like the pre-match player interview and the after match MOTM award and we are supporting the Os by putting a few more quid in their coffers.

COYOs
More fool you if you eat then complain.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Joe315 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:58 pm More fool you if you eat then complain.
:?:
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

EliotNes wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:49 pm
Joe315 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:58 pm More fool you if you eat then complain.
:?:
Cold plates cold food, pay your money & leave. Then complain away from e10. Same over prices. If people dont complain in the correct place, how do they expect things to be fixed. I still wouldnt "dine out" at Football though.
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Joe315 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:40 pm
FrankOFile wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:20 pm
Joe315 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:26 am

Because they dont present the quality or the experience I expect.
Leave it out. You’re not Gordon Ramsay,
Leave what out exactly ? Idiotic comment.
Calm down. Unless you can prove your culinary bona-fides, then the statement is valid.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

FrankOFile wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:56 pm
Joe315 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:40 pm
FrankOFile wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:20 pm

Leave it out. You’re not Gordon Ramsay,
Leave what out exactly ? Idiotic comment.
Calm down. Unless you can prove your culinary bona-fides, then the statement is valid.
Bit late to be joining this conversation.