Orient Legacy Fans

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Re: Orient Legacy Fans

Post by WickfordO »

Proposition Joe wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:57 pm I probably won't reach pensionable age because the capital hoarding oldies and the policies that suck up to them will keep me working til 80.
That is all down to Thatcherism and cronies plus this current poo poo govt we have at the moment.
WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by WickfordO »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:58 pm
Holybourne Identity wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:04 pm Scrap concession prices so that hardworking families don’t subsidise those who don’t have mortgage, but do enjoy free travel and inflation-linked pensions. Its pretty crazy that, in the absence of means testing, the squeezed worker pays more than those with often substantially more disposable income.
As pensioners did this all theiir lives its only right . Cant be blaming them for the F#ck up the youngs have made of their working lives !
What working lives? Most of them get their income from being influencers on FB, TT, Twatter etc. and probably don't pay tax and NI.
HastaLaVista
Fresh Alias

Post by HastaLaVista »

I've got shares. The only thing I've ever got from them was invitations to the AGMs when Baz was in charge, which were fun even though he said himself we could say what we liked and then he'd do what he intended to anyway! They weren't an investment just a stake in the club I loved.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

WickfordO wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:52 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:58 pm
Holybourne Identity wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:04 pm Scrap concession prices so that hardworking families don’t subsidise those who don’t have mortgage, but do enjoy free travel and inflation-linked pensions. Its pretty crazy that, in the absence of means testing, the squeezed worker pays more than those with often substantially more disposable income.
As pensioners did this all theiir lives its only right . Cant be blaming them for the F#ck up the youngs have made of their working lives !
What working lives? Most of them get their income from being influencers on FB, TT, Twatter etc. and probably don't pay tax and NI.
Exactly , to smart to realise the damage they are doing & then try to blame others.