Vigs gone

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Vigs gone

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:26 am
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:28 pm Vigs is gone and signed for Burnley yet not a peep from the club . Who else is going ?
Until players sign contracts , what can be announced , Who are you to demand knowledge of what others plans are with there financial future all because you cant deal with being strung along ? Unlike you to be a willy Red !
If a player can get a better deal elsewhere good luck to them . I haven’t got a problem with that . I just wish they would make their minds up.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:18 pm
OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:06 pm
TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:11 pm

Totally disagree.

You have totally underestimated the impact he had on the team last season, especially with regard to how he enables us to play possession football.
Don't get me wrong, he's decent with his feet but he's hardly Pirlo back there. He punts balls out of play a fair bit and the playing out from the back is usually 3 yard passes, not pinging 50 yard balls like Ederson to the wingers.
:lol:

The rewriting has already begun.
Says the person acting like he’s prime Ederson
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:30 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:26 am
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:28 pm Vigs is gone and signed for Burnley yet not a peep from the club . Who else is going ?
Until players sign contracts , what can be announced , Who are you to demand knowledge of what others plans are with there financial future all because you cant deal with being strung along ? Unlike you to be a willy Red !
If a player can get a better deal elsewhere good luck to them . I haven’t got a problem with that . I just wish they would make their minds up.
Why would they make there minds up
In a few minutes when they have time
to wait for more offers ?
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:32 pm
OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:06 pm

Don't get me wrong, he's decent with his feet but he's hardly Pirlo back there. He punts balls out of play a fair bit and the playing out from the back is usually 3 yard passes, not pinging 50 yard balls like Ederson to the wingers.

I guarantee we won't replace him with a keeper as good with the ball at his feet and our overall possession game will suffer as a result.

(It is very possible that we will get a keeper who is as good at the shot stopping stuff, and it's very likely we'll get a keeper who is more commanding of the penalty box, I accept that).
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:52 pm Very likely we'll get a keeper who is more commanding of the penalty box
Personally I thought Vigouroux dominated his penalty area better than most.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Until you see the negative impact when a keeper who can’t play with his feet comes in to replace one that can, you don’t see how massive a difference it makes to the whole set up.
He doesn’t have to be Ederson; it’s more that the difference between “competence” and “can’t do it” totally changes the way a team can play
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

What makes everyone think we won't be
bringing in a keeper who uses his feet well ?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:03 pm
TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:52 pm Very likely we'll get a keeper who is more commanding of the penalty box
He did. Only keeper I can remember who barely dropped a cross
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:39 pm
Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:03 pm
He did. Only keeper I can remember who barely dropped a cross
Made some classy saves as well. Most Important thing in any Keepers mind , do your Job. Protect your goal !
CEB

Post by CEB »

It’s really not
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Oh it is . Tell me about your goal keeping experience that says its not .
CEB

Post by CEB »

With pleasure - have played in goal for thirty-five years. For a very long time I was a decent shot stopper but was quiet & not very good at organising my defence.

Despite being older, fatter, and less agile, I’m a far better keeper than I used to be, because changing up my game to focus on making sure I was talking to my defence, telling them where to be, warning them of dangers etc means that loads of chances get nipped in the bud before I’m called upon. By making sure my defence is well organised, and making sure communication is there, my ability to make good saves is less important than you’d think.

So, years ago, I’d maybe make a lot of fairly good saves in a heavy defeat, and it might look like I’d had a good game, but the reality is that I’d got the team into trouble by not reading the game well enough to preempt some problems and communicate the danger to the defence.

Any goalkeeper worth their salt at any level will tell you the same thing - shot stopping is the last resort, and it gets you the accolades, but it’s not the most important thing.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:52 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:32 pm

I guarantee we won't replace him with a keeper as good with the ball at his feet and our overall possession game will suffer as a result.

(It is very possible that we will get a keeper who is as good at the shot stopping stuff, and it's very likely we'll get a keeper who is more commanding of the penalty box, I accept that).
No it won’t. He wasn’t drilling passes into Moncur in midfield.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

CEB wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:09 pm With pleasure - have played in goal for thirty-five years. For a very long time I was a decent shot stopper but was quiet & not very good at organising my defence.

Despite being older, fatter, and less agile, I’m a far better keeper than I used to be, because changing up my game to focus on making sure I was talking to my defence, telling them where to be, warning them of dangers etc means that loads of chances get nipped in the bud before I’m called upon. By making sure my defence is well organised, and making sure communication is there, my ability to make good saves is less important than you’d think.

So, years ago, I’d maybe make a lot of fairly good saves in a heavy defeat, and it might look like I’d had a good game, but the reality is that I’d got the team into trouble by not reading the game well enough to preempt some problems and communicate the danger to the defence.

Any goalkeeper worth their salt at any level will tell you the same thing - shot stopping is the last resort, and it gets you the accolades, but it’s not the most important thing.
35 years at what level & for who & in what leagues ?

P.S why have you described in 4 paragraphs
What I said was the most important thing in a
Keepers mind . " Do your job protect your goal ".

Obviously you havent kept goals at the standard i have for over the 40 years .
57 now
Started aged 7 for my school
Won leagues & Cups . Picked for the district
(Waltham Forest ) however didn't play as
My schools Cup Final was the same day .
As we won the Final it was the right decision

On to Sunday Leagues Mid week 7 a sides on
Astro & gravel .

Always been vocal , always organised
my defence well ( see protecting my Goal)
Shot Saving ability decent . Saved I cant
remember how many Penalties .

1 of my Best mates was a keeper to &
On the books at Orient & was offered a
Pro contract by Steve Perryman (spud)
at Exeter £ 100 a week .
Turned him down as mortgage & baby on the way .

We often talk about goalkeepers &
Our most common chat is the ability
To protect your goal which is the most
Important thing in keeping goal .
Shot Stopping is just 1 part of that Poppit !

I win
😂🤣
CEB

Post by CEB »

Oh, so you’re using “protect your goal” to mean “goalkeeping”

Forgive me, it seemed you were downplaying everything other than shot stopping, but I guess that’s because I do context.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

CEB wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:09 pm With pleasure - have played in goal for thirty-five years. For a very long time I was a decent shot stopper but was quiet & not very good at organising my defence.

Dean Brill perfect case in point
CEB

Post by CEB »

I particularly enjoyed

“Obviously you haven’t played at the level I have”. I skimmed saw mention of Steve Perryman and contracts. Turns out that the level tuffet is referring to is “got picked for Waltham Forest once but didn’t play”, and aside from that is no different whatsoever to the level I played at. Not that levels are relevant, but if you’re gonna wave your willy about, make sure it’s not a micro penis, eh?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Goalkeeping context :- Kick Ball to Team mate , If thats Goal keeping get your boots & meet Lingy for a Coffee . No need to read between the lines Poppit x
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

gshaw wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:43 pm

Dean Brill perfect case in point
Brillo protected his goal perfectly . Was loud organised his defence well. Perfect example of protect your goal , The most Important thing in any decent keepers mind .
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

CEB wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:47 pm I particularly enjoyed

“Obviously you haven’t played at the level I have”. I skimmed saw mention of Steve Perryman and contracts. Turns out that the level tuffet is referring to is “got picked for Waltham Forest once but didn’t play”, and aside from that is no different whatsoever to the level I played at. Not that levels are relevant, but if you’re gonna wave your willy about, make sure it’s not a micro penis, eh?
I WON Medals , you didnt mention in your 35 years of waving your micro penis around that you did Poppit x Glad you enjoyed my story though :mrgreen:
CEB

Post by CEB »

Funnily enough, I don’t really think that quibbling over levels of success while playing at an obviously amateur level is worth it, it’d be embarrassing to use medals at that level as credentials.

I’m more interested in your utter inability to carry one point from one of your posts to the next. For example, you said

“ Made some classy saves as well. Most Important thing in any Keepers mind , do your Job”

and then when I explained why I think that’s incorrect, you said

“ We often talk about goalkeepers &
Shot Stopping is just 1 part of that Poppit !”

I think anyone with a brain would read my post and see that my account of goalkeeping is the one that actually makes the case that “shot stopping is just one part of protecting the goal”

God, I really do have to stop arguing with cretins here.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

CEB wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:59 pm Funnily enough, I don’t really think that quibbling over levels of success while playing at an obviously amateur level is worth it, it’d be embarrassing to use medals at that level as credentials.

I’m more interested in your utter inability to carry one point from one of your posts to the next. For example, you said

“ Made some classy saves as well. Most Important thing in any Keepers mind , do your Job”

and then when I explained why I think that’s incorrect, you said

“ We often talk about goalkeepers &
Shot Stopping is just 1 part of that Poppit !”

I think anyone with a brain would read my post and see that my account of goalkeeping is the one that actually makes the case that “shot stopping is just one part of protecting the goal”

God, I really do have to stop arguing with cretins here.
1 .You dont get punctuation do you .
Made good saves ● ( Full stop ) ( Capital Letter new Sentence) Most Important thing in any Keepers Mind Protect your Goal .

2. You made a point I made already & the
rest made no sense at all except im guessing to your strange mind of Trans people Dildos & Kate Winsletts Tits !

I can see you are Narked now Poppit so I'll allow you the last word between us .

P.s Im not from Crete !
WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by WickfordO »

Wonder why it has not been announced on the website?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

WickfordO wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:35 pm Wonder why it has not been announced on the website?
Was paid to 30th june . Not signed for anyone yet & wasnt released by us.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Gave such confidence to the side. Sometimes he would give a penalty away to allay the boredom…