RW is fav for Reading job

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: RW is fav for Reading job

Post by tuffers#1 »

Story of O wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:02 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:57 pm
StillSpike wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 8:21 am What with R!chie going to Reading and the incoming points deduction for fielding a weakened catering team at the "promotion" party, meaning that we're back in the playoffs, I don't think this week could get any worse.
Max could be made Manager ?
Is he one of the fish in the sea?
See post above !
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Bergen wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:52 pm Given the opportunity, I think he will take the Reading-job.
There is no chance him going to Reading. They are a club owing lots of money and could be fighting relegation next season . That’s not RW wants or needs.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

moonwalk19 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:30 pm
Bergen wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:52 pm Given the opportunity, I think he will take the Reading-job.
There is no chance him going to Reading. They are a club owing lots of money and could be fighting relegation next season . That’s not RW wants or needs.
Sounds like the sort of challenge he relishes. Odds on to go now. Never mind plenty more fish in the sea.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:03 pm
moonwalk19 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:30 pm
Sounds like the sort of challenge he relishes. Odds on to go now. Never mind plenty more fish in the sea.
Rubbish , my local bookie says 3/1 and drifting.
O Superman
Fresh Alias

Post by O Superman »

moonwalk19 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:15 am RW is the 2-1 favourite to be Reading manager by leading bookies and Reading local paper.
Can I just ask - where are these odds from 'leading bookies'?

I've checked all the ones I can think of plus Oddschecker and I can't find anyone who is even making a market in it let alone that makes Richie favourite.
Couldn't be 3 pages of reactions to a complete windup, could it? :lol:

Anyway, as others have already said, if he is going to leave us (and he will do one day), it ain't gonna be for another club that is far away from his family, in the same league as Orient and in a far worse financial position.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

I reiterate, the bedwetting season has opened with a vengeance.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

O Superman wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:13 pm
moonwalk19 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:15 am RW is the 2-1 favourite to be Reading manager by leading bookies and Reading local paper.

I've checked all the ones I can think of plus Oddschecker and I can't find anyone who is even making a market in it let alone that makes Richie favourite.

Anyway, as others have already said, if he is going to leave us (and he will do one day), it ain't gonna be for another club that is far away from his family, in the same league as Orient and in a far worse financial position.
Reading is very close to the M40. He could be up North in jig time without bring snarled up In traffic on the M25. I suspect he's got that at the front of his mind when the negotiations open.
O Superman
Fresh Alias

Post by O Superman »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 8:15 pm

Reading is very close to the M40. He could be up North in jig time without bring snarled up In traffic on the M25. I suspect he's got that at the front of his mind when the negotiations open.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

BetVictor now 5/2. Take your choice of the rest! I’m sure BV will avail you of a £2 max on the rest. I reckon they only do these managerial odds to draw punters to their site.
POSHO
Fresh Alias

Post by POSHO »

He is now favourite for the Blackpool job
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

And Huddersfield
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

From Leyton no M25 involved!
M11, A14 and M6. Piece of cake!
O Superman
Fresh Alias

Post by O Superman »

Orient Punxx wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 10:07 am

BetVictor now 5/2. Take your choice of the rest! I’m sure BV will avail you of a £2 max on the rest. I reckon they only do these managerial odds to draw punters to their site.
Fair enough. probably the only website I didn't look at. Interesting that they have Danny Cowley as evens favourite for Reading and odds-on favourite for Walsall. I guess someone has put a fiver on each ;)

While we're at it, I wonder if they will give me odds on which boarder will wet the bed first / the most?

:lol:
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

cockhat wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:50 am

Not really. Way more miles and crucially time. Ritchie has spoken many times about the fight against the climate crisis we are in and I doubt he would want to expel more exhaust gases than is absolutely necessary.

That concern will be at the front of his mind during contract negotiations at the Madjeski. I suspect he will demand a Tesla as part of his remuneration package.

Of course it doesn't have to be a Tesla there are other electric vehicles in a veritable sea of car showrooms.
bacon
Fresh Alias

Post by bacon »

The Mindsweep wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:33 am And Huddersfield
This is the sort of opportunity that would be difficult to pass up, Championship - good ground and fan base, and an hour from home. His contract may include a clause for being able to move to the championship.

I'd be surprised to see him leave for another League 1 club, the relegated ones have their own problems, of them all perhaps Blackpool with his playing history but doubt it in the same league.

From all the comments in the interviews it seems he has moved too soon previously, then not had enough time to develop the squad he wanted, with the characters and team in the current squad suspect he will want to give it a go here to the new year at least.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

RW isn’t daft. The offers will all be coming in now. If he stays then next season a good finish will be top half and those offers just won’t be there. Does he take the money now or genuinely believe we could go from midtable next season to play offs/automatic the season after in which case he will have lots of offers again. Basically, what I am trying to say is, if he stays it’s another 18 month + commitment at a minimum because next season will be tough for us. I’m inclined to think an offer from a team like Huddersfield he will take. Unfortunately.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Beradogs wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 1:30 pm RW isn’t daft. The offers will all be coming in now. If he stays then next season a good finish will be top half and those offers just won’t be there. Does he take the money now or genuinely believe we could go from midtable next season to play offs/automatic the season after in which case he will have lots of offers again. Basically, what I am trying to say is, if he stays it’s another 18 month + commitment at a minimum because next season will be tough for us. I’m inclined to think an offer from a team like Huddersfield he will take. Unfortunately.
Indeed, it's one of those 50:50 decisions that you can only look back with hindsight on. Stay at a stable club where next season's finish could be just about anywhere in the league or take the leap to a bigger opportunity but with the risk of another Salford situation.

I'd think he'd be wary of basket-case clubs but if a more stable one came up that's closer to home... maybe. Either way he's done a brilliant job for us so far and hope he continues to have success wherever that may be (fingers and toes crossed it's at Orient)
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

If he goes before next season, it'll be a disaster. We still have Ling to try and build a squad for League One but another recruitment process would be very disruptive.

Wonder who is on Lings shortlist of managers which we know he keeps up to date?
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Post by Neptune's Spear »

Ross Embleton has been mentioned
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

bacon wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 1:20 pm
The Mindsweep wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:33 am And Huddersfield
This is the sort of opportunity that would be difficult to pass up, Championship - good ground and fan base, and an hour from home. His contract may include a clause for being able to move to the championship.

I'd be surprised to see him leave for another League 1 club, the relegated ones have their own problems, of them all perhaps Blackpool with his playing history but doubt it in the same league.

From all the comments in the interviews it seems he has moved too soon previously, then not had enough time to develop the squad he wanted, with the characters and team in the current squad suspect he will want to give it a go here to the new year at least.
Man u fan , donny salford swindon Mighty O's , 4 red managed to 1 blue oldham !
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Max B Gold wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:31 pm
cockhat wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:50 am

Not really. Way more miles and crucially time. Ritchie has spoken many times about the fight against the climate crisis we are in and I doubt he would want to expel more exhaust gases than is absolutely necessary.

That concern will be at the front of his mind during contract negotiations at the Madjeski. I suspect he will demand a Tesla as part of his remuneration package.

Of course it doesn't have to be a Tesla there are other electric vehicles in a veritable sea of car showrooms.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Beradogs wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 1:30 pm RW isn’t daft. The offers will all be coming in now. If he stays then next season a good finish will be top half and those offers just won’t be there. Does he take the money now or genuinely believe we could go from midtable next season to play offs/automatic the season after in which case he will have lots of offers again. Basically, what I am trying to say is, if he stays it’s another 18 month + commitment at a minimum because next season will be tough for us. I’m inclined to think an offer from a team like Huddersfield he will take. Unfortunately.
Red rose in charge of a white rose Naaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !