Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Tory Watch

Post by Mistadobalina »

Dunners wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:34 am
Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:31 am Was at a funeral the day before this party seems to have happened. Number was obviously limited to ten people, there wasn't a wake before or afterwards. We were completely taken for mugs, clearly.

I cannot wrap my head around how you would rationalise to yourself that doing something like this was acceptable. The smirk on that bumbling arsewipes face yesterday when asked about it hammers home what an unserious, entitled, contemptuous w*nk rag of a human being he is. Have to assume he is basically finished and whilst I know the Tories will ultimately roll out some other sociopath soon enough, it'll still be a pleasure to see this knob have his downfall.
But it's hardly a surprise. He had revealed himself to us, in all his w*nk rag glory, on many occasions before the 2019 election. Everything he has done has been exactly the kind of thing you'd expect of him.

The people I think are the biggest c*nts in all this are those who voted for him but are now feigning outrage.
I know someone who worked with him at the foreign office. They were absolutely astonished that Tory MPs were irresponsible enough to give the guy a shot. They had never worked with someone so lazy or feckless. Apparently he absolutely never read briefings. By sounds of it, Dominic 'i didn't realise that ports were important to an islands trade' Raab was like Kissinger by comparison.

As you say, all of this was in line with how he had lived his entire life. It's been a national humiliation having someone so deeply flawed and inept in charge, and for a massive chunk of the population to not even see it for the embarrassment that it is.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:45 am It feels like he's invincible, he'll lie and get away with it again.
Me when people post Covid misinformation on here
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:10 am
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:45 am It feels like he's invincible, he'll lie and get away with it again.
Me when people post Covid misinformation on here
:lol:
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Worse than that - he's normalised lying as being just part and parcel of public life now. There was a time when being found to have misled Parliament was a resigning matter. Not any more - this lot have done it so often, each of them with that little smirk that says to their followers "yes, I know you know", that it's just another day.

And yet, the penalty for calling someone a liar in the House is stronger than the penalty for lying.

It's never going to get better - there's no advantage in telling the truth.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

if you couldn't work out he was an incompetent arse when he was mayor of London then the people got what they deserved.

I wander how many people who voted for him have lost loved ones to covid under his leadership and it's constant stream of b*llocks in the pandemic and whether they'll be voting Tory again.

I live in what has been a Tory constituency for 50 odd years but it's majority has been shrinking over the last 3 or 4 elections. Think all this will be enough for some people and they'll lose a lot of the marginals in the next election. Whether that will be enough to oust them I doubt but would think that their majority will be almost non existent.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

A lot of people will still vote Tory because to do otherwise would be to admit they were wrong.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

It's far easier to fool someone than it is to convince someone they've been fooled.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

I voted Tory for the first time ever last election simply to get Brexit done, because I was (and remain) furious with those MPs - chiefly but not exclusively in other parties - who tried to subvert the democracy of the result of the Brexit referendum, for my view has always been that democracy must always win, like or loathe the result of it, for the alternative is far worse.

But Boris has lost my support, his position is in my opinion untenable. I’ll be surprised if he leads the Tories into the next election as things stand, people are furious with what has gone on under what seems to be ‘one rule for them and one for us’.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:31 am Was at a funeral the day before this party seems to have happened. Number was obviously limited to ten people, there wasn't a wake before or afterwards. We were completely taken for mugs, clearly.

I cannot wrap my head around how you would rationalise to yourself that doing something like this was acceptable. The smirk on that bumbling arsewipes face yesterday when asked about it hammers home what an unserious, entitled, contemptuous w*nk rag of a human being he is. Have to assume he is basically finished and whilst I know the Tories will ultimately roll out some other sociopath soon enough, it'll still be a pleasure to see this knob have his downfall.
But it's hardly a surprise. He had revealed himself to us, in all his w*nk rag glory, on many occasions before the 2019 election. Everything he has done has been exactly the kind of thing you'd expect of him.

The people I think are the biggest c*nts in all this are those who voted for him but are now feigning outrage.
Yeah - like Thorge and Doughbrain.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

EastDerehamO wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:43 am I voted Tory for the first time ever last election simply to get Brexit done, because I was (and remain) furious with those MPs - chiefly but not exclusively in other parties - who tried to subvert the democracy of the result of the Brexit referendum, for my view has always been that democracy must always win, like or loathe the result of it, for the alternative is far worse.

But Boris has lost my support, his position is in my opinion untenable. I’ll be surprised if he leads the Tories into the next election as things stand, people are furious with what has gone on under what seems to be ‘one rule for them and one for us’.
What a different country it might be if MPs had just gone along with Mays soft Brexit straight away.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

EastDerehamO wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:43 am I voted Tory for the first time ever last election simply to get Brexit done, because I was (and remain) furious with those MPs - chiefly but not exclusively in other parties - who tried to subvert the democracy of the result of the Brexit referendum, for my view has always been that democracy must always win, like or loathe the result of it, for the alternative is far worse.

Do you not think that, given his propensity for lying, he may just have been lying during the Brexit campaign? - I guess it'll become clear.

It's not just people who voted for other parties who he holds in contempt. He's laughing at us all, those who voted against him as well as those who voted for him.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

StillSpike wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:03 am
Worse than that - he's normalised lying as being just part and parcel of public life now. There was a time when being found to have misled Parliament was a resigning matter. Not any more - this lot have done it so often, each of them with that little smirk that says to their followers "yes, I know you know", that it's just another day.

And yet, the penalty for calling someone a liar in the House is stronger than the penalty for lying.

It's never going to get better - there's no advantage in telling the truth.
But they’re all the same. They all lie. They’re all just out for themselves. It’d be worse under Corbin etc etc
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Say what you think, dunnem.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

GET BREXIT DONE?

YOU WAS PLAYED.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

He did get it done, to be fair.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

The Met will probably f*** it up but if they do find any wrong doing, which they should, Johnson is toast. Bring on the Queen of Cheese.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

The Met getting involved will pause the Gray enquiry, because the criminal enquiry will take precedence - so all they have to do is make sure the supine Met drag their feet for ages, refuse to admit to anything because it's under investigation and it'll all go away.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

StillSpike wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:48 pm The Met getting involved will pause the Gray enquiry, because the criminal enquiry will take precedence - so all they have to do is make sure the supine Met drag their feet for ages, refuse to admit to anything because it's under investigation and it'll all go away.
But it won't. I listened to a Podcast where the journalist who broke the stories about the Xmas parties said she sat on them for a year. She went on to say "watch this space, more will come out soon". This is the start methinks.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Agreed, but unfortunately it will be a "soft" downfall, cushioned by a large mattress stuffed with £50 notes.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:29 am A lot of people will still vote Tory because to do otherwise would be to admit they were wrong.
Depends if Labour ever offer up a credible alternative. Now would be a good time. Starmer will never have a better opportunity.

Baffles me that people still fail to understand that the alternative to Boris was even worse. And that is saying something. Not complex to understand. Even the Labour post-election review worked that out. Labour got it wrong. According to Labour. So don’t blame those who voted Tory. Blame Labour for being dumb.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dohnut wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:17 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:29 am A lot of people will still vote Tory because to do otherwise would be to admit they were wrong.
Depends if Labour ever offer up a credible alternative. Now would be a good time. Starmer will never have a better opportunity.

Baffles me that people still fail to understand that the alternative to Boris was even worse. And that is saying something. Not complex to understand. Even the Labour post-election review worked that out. Labour got it wrong. According to Labour. So don’t blame those who voted Tory. Blame Labour for being dumb.

See:
“But they’re all the same. They all lie. They’re all just out for themselves. It’d be worse under Corbin etc etc”
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

HOW THE HELL COULD THE ALTERNATIVE BE WORSE!?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

StillSpike wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:48 pm The Met getting involved will pause the Gray enquiry, because the criminal enquiry will take precedence - so all they have to do is make sure the supine Met drag their feet for ages, refuse to admit to anything because it's under investigation and it'll all go away.
It’s a shame there aren’t any police stationed around Downing Street who could have spotted this happening at the time.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Bloody hell, still flogging that old chestnut. It's got no legs mate. Corbyn wasn't my cup of tea but he was clearly the genuine article (whether you agreed with all his policies or not). It was always obvious that Bojo was a well-heeled conman and nothing more. Anyone who voted Tory, and/or continues to support them needs to take a good look at themselves.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BoniO wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:24 pm

Bloody hell, still flogging that old chestnut. It's got no legs mate. Corbyn wasn't my cup of tea but he was clearly the genuine article (whether you agreed with all his policies or not). It was always obvious that Bojo was a well-heeled conman and nothing more. Anyone who voted Tory, and/or continues to support them needs to take a good look at themselves.
They don’t want to look at themselves. They don’t want to admit they f*cked up.