Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Tory Watch

Post by George M »

Tuffers has gone quiet on here so its up to me to announce that the Tories have held on to Bexley and Sidcup in the By Election. Even i find it extraordinary that with all the bad press for the last two years , Tory voters are still not deterred.
Over to you Tuffers
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

A terrible, terrible result for Starmer. I’m not sure how he can carry on after that.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I can’t believe Labour are trying to make a big deal out of this, it was a year ago ffs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59505975
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:30 am A terrible, terrible result for Starmer. I’m not sure how he can carry on after that.
Even a JC led Labour Party in 2019, in the worst result since 1935, got almost 11,000 votes. Disastrous result.he should do the honourable thing and go.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:33 am I can’t believe Labour are trying to make a big deal out of this, it was a year ago ffs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59505975
Another great example of free thinking, libertarian toffs taking personal responsibility.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59517527

Christmas parties: Conservative staff event going ahead, says chairman

They're just so evil, how do they manage it?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Legends.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:08 am Tuffers has gone quiet on here so its up to me to announce that the Tories have held on to Bexley and Sidcup in the By Election. Even i find it extraordinary that with all the bad press for the last two years , Tory voters are still not deterred.
Over to you Tuffers

The Tories' majority has been cut from nearly 19,000 to 4,478, with a 10% swing to Labour

If the swing is like that come the next GE
Bye bye Tories
😁

Back to you Thorgie
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dunners wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:16 pmLegends.
Bet there’ll be some kissing under the mistletoe at that do.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:25 pm
If Old Stan "Le Octopuss" is going the ladies will need to watch out in case he gets overly handsy. Xmas parties are prime hunting season for Stan.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:25 pm
Bet there'll be some proper bantz, and some absolute legend will tuck a bit of mistletoe into their belt.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:16 pm
George wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:08 am Tuffers has gone quiet on here so its up to me to announce that the Tories have held on to Bexley and Sidcup in the By Election. Even i find it extraordinary that with all the bad press for the last two years , Tory voters are still not deterred.
Over to you Tuffers

The Tories' majority has been cut from nearly 19,000 to 4,478, with a 10% swing to Labour

Bye bye Tories
😁

Back to you Thorgie
so Starmer is doing a great job then.,
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dohnut wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:48 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:16 pm
Over to you Tuffers

Bye bye Tories
😁

Back to you Thorgie
so Starmer is doing a great job then.,
Labour doesnt need to do anything .
Bodge the F*ckwit & friends can do it all by themselves

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:02 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59517527

Have Christmas parties been banned then? Last year they were in the wrong, but not this year
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Story of O wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:45 am
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:02 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59517527

Have Christmas parties been banned then? Last year they were in the wrong, but not this year
So wrong they broke the law on at least two occasions. Looking forward to the investigation by the wholly corrupt Met and subsequent prosecutions.

If not, its a clear cut case of one rule for them and another for the plebs.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

What a Tosser Raab is

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

When our government is a daily horror show, they always find something else to divert attention from their failures and abuse of power. But this is a careless mistiming on their part: :clown

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ajid-javid
"Party drug abusers are fuelling serious crime."

https://news.sky.com/story/commons-spea ... t-12487771
"Commons speaker to call in police over deeply concerning claims of drug abuse in Houses of Parliament"

Remains to be seen whether Hoyle will risk the wrath of his paymasters. A place in the House of Lords is only given to those Speakers who don't rock the proverbial boat (as John Bercow found out).
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... evacuation

Raab being all about enjoying his holiday and nothing else seemingly mattered-
Now he is giving much energy in pursuit of getting the keys to Chequers. the ultimate proof of superior entitlement.
Yet he still doesn't seem to give a XXXX about British nationals such as Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe and her family.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

This War on Drugs nonsense - is this something the Conservatives have identified as being of appeal to some key voter group or something? It seems to go against the tide of change sweeping though most of the world right now, and is against most expert opinion.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

I'm sure being tough on County Lines goes down well in the shires
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

E10EU wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:30 am Yet he still doesn't seem to give a XXXX about British nationals such as Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe and her family.
While I doubt any of them really care about what Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is going through, I think it's fair to file this case in the "Far from as straightforward as some people like to make out" category.

Firstly, it's adopting a lazy position of implying good faith in the Iranian regime, and bad faith in our own. If you had to choose between governments, for all our many, many faults, you'd be brave to bet on the Iranians.

Secondly, it assumes that she's entirely innocent. I have no idea if she is or isn't, but then neither does anyone else except a very select number of people.

Thirdly, yes, the UK Government took receipt of cash from the pre-revolutionary Iranian regime for goods and services we didn't deliver. But that was pre-revolution. Paying that money back to the current Iranian regime means squaring that action with international sanctions (although, to be fair, the USA have previously refunded money to the Iranians) on a hostile state that wishes to pursue nuclear armament, and has one of the worst human rights records on the planet.

Fourthly, expecting the UK Government to hand that money over assumes that the Iranians will then just hand Nazanin back to us. The Iranians have never publicly stated that her release is conditional of repayment of this money. Just imagine the criticism our Government would receive if they handed over money to Iran who then just blew a raspberry at us and walked away.

Fifthly, if the Iranians will hand her over on receipt of this money, then this is straightforward hostage taking. It's state-sanctioned terrorism against a British (duel) citizen. For the life of me, while the likes of Raab and Johnson are deserving of criticism, I cannot understand why it's our government being painted as the pantomime villains in this when what the Iranians have done is deserving of much worse.

Almost all the vitriol being sprayed about would lead anyone to believe that everything is our fault. As she has duel citizenship, why is it the sole responsibility of the UK Government to give a XXX about her, and not the Iranians?

I feel for her family, but this is clearly not a straightforward issue.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:23 am
E10EU wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:30 am Yet he still doesn't seem to give a XXXX about British nationals such as Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe and her family.
While I doubt any of them really care about what Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is going through, I think it's fair to file this case in the "Far from as straightforward as some people like to make out" category.

Firstly, it's adopting a lazy position of implying good faith in the Iranian regime, and bad faith in our own. If you had to choose between governments, for all our many, many faults, you'd be brave to bet on the Iranians.

Secondly, it assumes that she's entirely innocent. I have no idea if she is or isn't, but then neither does anyone else except a very select number of people.

Thirdly, yes, the UK Government took receipt of cash from the pre-revolutionary Iranian regime for goods and services we didn't deliver. But that was pre-revolution. Paying that money back to the current Iranian regime means squaring that action with international sanctions (although, to be fair, the USA have previously refunded money to the Iranians) on a hostile state that wishes to pursue nuclear armament, and has one of the worst human rights records on the planet.

Fourthly, expecting the UK Government to hand that money over assumes that the Iranians will then just hand Nazanin back to us. The Iranians have never publicly stated that her release is conditional of repayment of this money. Just imagine the criticism our Government would receive if they handed over money to Iran who then just blew a raspberry at us and walked away.

Fifthly, if the Iranians will hand her over on receipt of this money, then this is straightforward hostage taking. It's state-sanctioned terrorism against a British (duel) citizen. For the life of me, while the likes of Raab and Johnson are deserving of criticism, I cannot understand why it's our government being painted as the pantomime villains in this when what the Iranians have done is deserving of much worse.

Almost all the vitriol being sprayed about would lead anyone to believe that everything is our fault. As she has duel citizenship, why is it the sole responsibility of the UK Government to give a XXX about her, and not the Iranians?

I feel for her family, but this is clearly not a straightforward issue.
Has Johnson promised you a safe seat. You missed out the bit where his intervention and comments on this matter led to the Iranians doubling down.

Point 2 is pure conspiracist speculation and a welcome tool in any WUMs armoury.