Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Tory Watch

Post by Dunners »

A key part of political leadership is the ability to tell a good story and set out a vision. That is salesmanship. Like it or not, humans respond to it and it is one of the central threads then enables us to form societies and sets us apart from other species of hominid.

Johnson has this gift in spades. You may not believe him. It may be obvious to you that he is spinning 100% bolloxs. But it will still be enough for the section of the electorate that are open and receptive to whatever he is spouting.

It is increasingly obvious that Starmer doesn't have this gift. I don't even think anyone else in Labour does, so getting rid of Starmer doesn't solve much. There is no big idea. No vision. No story. Johnson remains untouchable for the foreseeable future.

To his credit, Corbyn did represent a different vision which gave the electorate a rare but genuine choice at the ballot box. But he was a sh!t story teller. And we'll never be allowed to have a real choice ever again.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:33 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:34 pm
George wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:21 pm Tuffers
Ok. So that everyone is clear on this

1 You are perfectly happy with our country entering a war that has no UN backing. In essence an illegal action.
2. It is perfectly acceptable for anyone to use loopholes in the law to make huge tax savings.

A simple yes or no will do.
answer 1 . My Country wasnt involved in a war with no U.N backing

answer 2 . Bad Governments create loop holes .

30 odd years ago anybody rich could own a tree & claim a tax break .
Labour or John Major ( i cant remember which ) got rid of the law .

do not blame people for doing what is Legal.
Blame governments for not closing loopholes ,
They won't because that means they will have to declare
wrong doing .

Here I'll give you a prime example .

How did Charles Haughey ex Taoiseach of my Country
manage to own Abbeville House ?

A prime example of a Great Irish Man but a Very Flawed Irish man .

Just 1 Question from Me for you George .

Were you against being with the U.S & Therefore with the Terrorists ?

Tuffers . you need to do a little more research on the legality of the Gulf war . I am against all needless wars and the Gulf war was a prime example of such. I am always against siding with the Americans . I have never understood our alignment with a stupid , gun toting country. I would go even further . It is the USA whom are the terrorists of the modern era.
I need to do No research .
i was against the invasion of Iraq from day one .

As for you not understanding brotains need for America,
let me put you in the picture .

MONEY £$£$£$£$
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

George wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:36 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:00 am
Max B Gold wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:52 pm

Hey! Don't go knocking the tree tax breaks. It was designed to provide incentives after WWI to replace the timber used for trenches and coffins. Shame it was ruthlessly exploited by the rich. Who saw that coming?
i know .

George Best was the reason i found out about it .
lots of footballers & tv stars & musicians owned them .

Still it shows why loopholes are generally used by
dodgy RICH f*ckers .
when it was a christmas box ( bonus) for the worker
the C*nt that was Th@tch#r made sure to get rid of those .

penalise the worker for a week or months tax once a year but
scam public funds & dodgy rich f*ckers with stamp duty, tax avoidance
( 2 different branches of the same tfee ) along with off shore accounts etc &
let the rich get richer
PAH !!
So is it OK that your esteemed ex leader is involved in a dodgy loophole . You avoided that question nicely . Have you been a politician in a former life
Again i Have not avoided any Question .
Blair did not avoid Stamp Duty as a Politician .

As for Esteemed leader .
John Smith was my man .

Nope never been a politician
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Diminic Raab on Misogyny.
Im against it be it being done by a Man to a Woman or
By a Woman to a Man !!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Seriously this lot are running the Country .
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Dunners wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:11 pm A key part of political leadership is the ability to tell a good story and set out a vision. That is salesmanship. Like it or not, humans respond to it and it is one of the central threads then enables us to form societies and sets us apart from other species of hominid.

Johnson has this gift in spades. You may not believe him. It may be obvious to you that he is spinning 100% bolloxs. But it will still be enough for the section of the electorate that are open and receptive to whatever he is spouting.

It is increasingly obvious that Starmer doesn't have this gift. I don't even think anyone else in Labour does, so getting rid of Starmer doesn't solve much. There is no big idea. No vision. No story. Johnson remains untouchable for the foreseeable future.

To his credit, Corbyn did represent a different vision which gave the electorate a rare but genuine choice at the ballot box. But he was a sh!t story teller. And we'll never be allowed to have a real choice ever again.
It's just very, very sad. The vapidity of it all. A country that has become puffed up on its own sense of greatness falling under the sway of such an obvious charlatan. And the likelihood that no crash course with reality will be severe enough to change track. The last two years have been an unbelievable mess. Not in a 'project fear, you remoaners are doing the country down' type mess. A real world, loads of people have died needlessly mess that doesn't seem to have any consequences for the party in charge whatsoever.

Have given up thinking there's any scale of f*ck up these people can do that will ever cause people to doubt. It'll always be excused away.

Maybe worst part is that well over half the country aren't even up for this but because we're stuck with a voting system suited for the 19th century.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:09 pm
George wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:29 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:00 pm The same people are saying the same things about Boris after his speech today and still playing the same game he wants them to.

It's like they've learnt nothing from the last 5 years
It was a good , solid speech that will keep the Conservatives in power for a while to come . There is , at least , the makings of a plan in there
It was better than good. I’m no Boris lover, but the speech was full of ideas, passion, humour and vision. Who knows whether it can or cannot be done, time will tell. But it was bloody good and mercifully shorter than last weeks. In fact it was entertaining.
Exactly.

Humour and entertainment are the two things I most want in my prime minister.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Dunners wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:11 pm A key part of political leadership is the ability to tell a good story and set out a vision. That is salesmanship. Like it or not, humans respond to it and it is one of the central threads then enables us to form societies and sets us apart from other species of hominid.

An accurate assessment. True in many walks of life. I’m not stupid, I know it’s spin, a vision that may not happen, probably won’t. But it shows Direction and to be honest one that is fine by me in the absence of an alternative. Corbyn was never that. He really wasn’t PM material.

But come an election when we have a choice between two candidates you have to have some sort of criteria, well I do, I don’t vote on party lines, many like me don’t, hence the swings. So like many I look at the leaders and their visions for a better future. As much as I want Starmer to show me his vision, I’m not sure exactly what it is. I’m not sure Labour know.

So Boris is in for an easy ride, and believe me, that don’t make me happy.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

What was Boris’ vision?
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:00 pm The same people are saying the same things about Boris after his speech today and still playing the same game he wants them to.

It was a good , solid speech that will keep the Conservatives in power for a while to come . There is , at least , the makings of a plan in there
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

jamespevans wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:41 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:05 pm
George wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:37 pm
BoniO wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:19 pm

He’s always been an excellent liar/bullshitter - he’s had plenty of practice. As for entertaining, well that’s not really what he’s there for is it. You’re clearly easily pleased.
Good salesman don’t bore you to death with stories about their family. They sell you a dream
Got it in one. Conference banter. Not for me about what you will be doing next Monday morning. It’s about outlining a vision for the future. Painting a picture, showing what you stand for. We all know it’s glossed up. But it’s about setting out a vision and creating the belief it’s actually possible. Even in the long term. Though probably not but Something worth working for. And sold in some style.

A long term plan, for sure with bumps along the way and probably missed targets.

I know what Johnson stands for. I haven’t a clue what Labour really stands for, though to be fair to Starmer he is giving it a go. His speech was OK, ticked a lot of boxes. I’m sure he will improve his presentation skills next time.
Utter rubbish. We already knew what Johnson stands for. Himself and his chums.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

BoniO wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:35 pm
George wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:37 pm

Good salesman don’t bore you to death with stories about their family. They sell you a dream
Got it in one. Conference banter. Not for me about what you will be doing next Monday morning. It’s about outlining a vision for the future. Painting a picture, showing what you stand for. We all know it’s glossed up. But it’s about setting out a vision and creating the belief it’s actually possible. Even in the long term. Though probably not but Something worth working for. And sold in some style.

A long term plan, for sure with bumps along the way and probably missed targets.

I know what Johnson stands for. I haven’t a clue what Labour really stands for, though to be fair to Starmer he is giving it a go. His speech was OK, ticked a lot of boxes. I’m sure he will improve his presentation skills next time.
The thing is many in the electorate maybe take a more grown up view.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:48 pm

Do you honestly think Boris gives a sh*t about you or any of the other little people in this country? You don’t really, do you?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:52 pm

Do you honestly think Boris gives a sh*t about you or any of the other little people in this country? You don’t really, do you?
Dohnut wins. Ronnie needs to resign.

The WUMBots are slaughtering us like insects with their can of RAID.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

The Conservative thinktank Bright Blue issued a stark warning.

“The public will soon tire of Boris’s banter if the government does not get a grip of mounting crises: price rises, tax rises, fuel shortages, labour shortages. There was nothing new in this speech, no inspiring new vision or policy,” its chief executive, Ryan Shorthouse, said.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:34 pm The Conservative thinktank Bright Blue issued a stark warning.

“The public will soon tire of Boris’s banter if the government does not get a grip of mounting crises: price rises, tax rises, fuel shortages, labour shortages. There was nothing new in this speech, no inspiring new vision or policy,” its chief executive, Ryan Shorthouse, said.
You forgot independent buisnesses having to pay there HomenGrown workefs
Higher wages & eating into the owners profits.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Maybe the Sheep just pulled the wool from there neck a little higher over there eyes .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58822666

Council tax could rise by £220, say researchers

Another good news story for the Story party .
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:34 pm The Conservative thinktank Bright Blue issued a stark warning.

But, but, but Maffy said it sold a dream. Surely he’s not got it wrong?
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Boris good on " Have I Got News For You ". A disaster as PM. He really is in the wrong profession.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Admin wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:09 am

Or Bright Blue are wrong. Tory members/legacy voters/activists either never liked Johnson, or are increasingly disliking him. But, like Labour's equivalent, they just don't matter.

Right now, if I was forced to pick something that could damage Johnson, it would be energy prices (even though that's possibly one thing he's least able to fix short term). The potential economic and industrial damage from that has the potential to be terrifying.

Also, interesting that Bright Blue cite rising wages as a crisis. I know it's not as simple as that, but we've entered a world where a Tory PM is championing higher wages for workers, and the Labour opposition are... Well, they're doing whatever it is they're doing. Bizarre.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:39 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58822666

Council tax could rise by £220, say researchers

Another good news story for the Story party .
Pray tell us how you think we shall recoup the money everyone got for sitting indoors for the best part of 2 years. Nothing in this life is free. Just for the record , i worked all the way through it .
And also for the record , i am not complaining that i will also have to pay more to pay back that money despite not getting any of it
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

See they’re worried about Sirkier building the Red Wall back up:

https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2017/05/15 ... KsO9vfSvjU
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:56 am See they’re worried about Sirkier building the Red Wall back up:

https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2017/05/15 ... KsO9vfSvjU
With a Union flag painted on them, that's a vote winner.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:27 am
Admin wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:09 am

Or Bright Blue are wrong. Tory members/legacy voters/activists either never liked Johnson, or are increasingly disliking him. But, like Labour's equivalent, they just don't matter.

Right now, if I was forced to pick something that could damage Johnson, it would be energy prices (even though that's possibly one thing he's least able to fix short term). The potential economic and industrial damage from that has the potential to be terrifying.

Also, interesting that Bright Blue cite rising wages as a crisis. I know it's not as simple as that, but we've entered a world where a Tory PM is championing higher wages for workers, and the Labour opposition are... Well, they're doing whatever it is they're doing. Bizarre.
Would a blackput help get rid of Boris?

The risk of winter blackouts has increased after a fire affecting a key subsea cable further eroded Great Britain’s backup electricity supply cushion, already diminished by the shutdown of gas plants and nuclear reactors.