Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BoniO
Regular
Regular

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BoniO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:34 pm The vulnerable should shield, minimise interactions. This is just common sense when infections are high.

I don't know the exact definition of vulnerable but I believe the NHS has one and most of them got a letter during the first lockdown. It would be a lot of people. If they don't want to then that's up to them, but it should be made clear they're risking their lives.

Or, China have only had 4000 odd deaths allegedly, perhaps we should copy them
And you're not on a wind up...... righty O. Cos everyone has always believed that China has been truthful about numbers.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

I did say allegedly. Apparently Taiwan haven't even had a lockdown either. Out of interest, how do you reckon China are doing?

MMs plan is better than what we have now.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

We’re not being fully locked down like we were.

I
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

How many months or years can we go on with the lockdown strategy?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Work this one out.

I had to go to walthamstow this afternoon and hit traffic at church road where it crawled all the way down to st James st. I’m sitting in traffic looking at the cars coming the other way, also sitting in traffic not moving either. Now I’m not sure I’ve seen so many buses come that that road in my life. I counted 10 buses of which most had a yellow sign up saying bus full, which meant it was approx less than half full, reasons I get.

However, I didn’t understand why not one of those bus drivers wore a face mask, I noticed that they had a screen around them, but it looked it it had pre drilled holes so people could speak and hear the driver. Didn’t TFL lose a high number of drivers early in the pandemic as they were not being provided with ppe?

Anyone know if the screens are protection or were the drivers not bothered about face masks? Anyone know what the situation is?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Thor wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:20 pm Work this one out.

I had to go to walthamstow this afternoon and hit traffic at church road where it crawled all the way down to st James st. I’m sitting in traffic looking at the cars coming the other way, also sitting in traffic not moving either. Now I’m not sure I’ve seen so many buses come that that road in my life. I counted 10 buses of which most had a yellow sign up saying bus full, which meant it was approx less than half full, reasons I get.

However, I didn’t understand why not one of those bus drivers wore a face mask, I noticed that they had a screen around them, but it looked it it had pre drilled holes so people could speak and hear the driver. Didn’t TFL lose a high number of drivers early in the pandemic as they were not being provided with ppe?

Anyone know if the screens are protection or were the drivers not bothered about face masks? Anyone know what the situation is?
The Bus full sign means nothing it's always sat there they just pick it up and wave it if it's actually full. I got on an empty bus with one sitting in the windscreen yesterday

The pre-drilled holes have been covered up
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I know a driver and he wears a mask.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

We all should be wearing them everywhere.
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

BJ: We're guided by the science

CW: This won't work.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

We're just going to let it spread whilst applying the least economically harmful suppression measures in an attempt to reduce the risk of local NHS trusts becoming overwhelmed.

If it works, the public will blame the scientists for being too alarmist to begin with.

If it doesn't work, we'll just blame each other.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

The olds will blame the youngsters for living their life and increasing the spread

The youngsters will blame the olds for trying to ruin their youth and hoarding all the housing but refusing to stay in it
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:22 pm I know a driver and he wears a mask.
Can anyone read this sentence without doing so in a singy song nursery rhyme style?
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:15 am
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:22 pm I know a driver and he wears a mask.
Can anyone read this sentence without doing so in a singy song nursery rhyme style?
Just made me think of the old song

I know can old lady who swallowed a fly 🤣🤣
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

BoJo has the wrong set of Political Advisors and he needs to get it sorted now, before a Mega-Disaster. The scruffy Cummins is there to advise how to get Popular Public Support-that's all. He need somebody who can come up with strategies to minimise the effects of Covid 19 health wise and economically. Something akin to a War Cabinet with people who have the ability to interact with boffins and with a bit of Political Nous.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Clive Evans wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:15 pm BoJo has the wrong set of Political Advisors and he needs to get it sorted now, before a Mega-Disaster. The scruffy Cummins is there to advise how to get Popular Public Support-that's all. He need somebody who can come up with strategies to minimise the effects of Covid 19 health wise and economically. Something akin to a War Cabinet with people who have the ability to interact with boffins and with a bit of Political Nous.
Cummins is there to look after the interests of a cabal of theiving right wing nut jobs and Russia.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Clive Evans wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:15 pm BoJo has the wrong set of Political Advisors and he needs to get it sorted now, before a Mega-Disaster. The scruffy Cummins is there to advise how to get Popular Public Support-that's all. He need somebody who can come up with strategies to minimise the effects of Covid 19 health wise and economically. Something akin to a War Cabinet with people who have the ability to interact with boffins and with a bit of Political Nous.
It's now being reported, based on actual SAGE minutes, that the government was advised, some 3-4 weeks ago, to implement what has been termed as a "circuit breaker" lockdown of 2 weeks duration. This to try and really curtail the spread of the virus in one hit. This to be done asap at a time when the increase in infection was way below what it is today. This clearly didn't happen and the government only accepted one of the scientists proposals to do a u-turn with regard to the "back to work" advice and re-adopt a "work from home if possible" position.

So, clearly, the government is not following scientific advice. They missed the boat yet again and more draconian restrictions are now likely because of this.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Lockdown for two weeks and numbers go down, ease Lockdown and they creep up again. Are we going to keep on doing that for years to come. At some stage we have to learn to live with this.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Story of O wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:13 pm Lockdown for two weeks and numbers go down, ease Lockdown and they creep up again. Are we going to keep on doing that for years to come. At some stage we have to learn to live with this.
....or die with it?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Story of O wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:13 pm Lockdown for two weeks and numbers go down, ease Lockdown and they creep up again. Are we going to keep on doing that for years to come. At some stage we have to learn to live with this.
....or die with it?
(no idea how this came up twice?)
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

At some point, I guess, we need to use a period of "lockdown" in order to protect the NHS from being overwhelmed and to buy time for the Government to develop a workable and robust Test-track-trace and isolate-the-infected system. You know, like the one they were meant to develop when the first lockdown was imposed. Instead they kept telling us it was going to be "world-beating" and gave all the money to their mates to come up with f*** all.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

What do you mean by "live with this" though? I'm not being argumentative here, I genuinely want to know what's meant by this phrase.
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

BIGRON wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:21 am
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:15 am
Just made me think of the old song

I know can old lady who swallowed a fly 🤣🤣
And the wheels on his car go round and round ...
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

A test-track-trace system is useful as a means of preventing widespread infection. We're past that now. Our remaining options are suppression and treatment.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Cristiano Ronaldo tests positive 😯😯
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »