Brexit

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Brexit

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

We'll be straight into a recession ✖

We'll never get a withdrawal agreement ✔

We'll never get the EU to re-open the Irish backstop ✔

We won't leave ✔

We'll never get a free trade agreement ✔
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:55 pm
That bus is in party colours too. Nice one.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Still's Carenae wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:26 pm One point of note, which is not taking centre stage, is that because of covid, many shipping containers are in the wrong part of the world. Until things get back to normal all countries are going to have shortages of various things.

So the extra stuff that is coming through the ports now is just a build up of past uncompleted orders not necessarily anything to do with Brexit.
Much of the world is in a bad way right now. Bloody Johnson and Brexit. Such international influence, and I though we were insignificant there days. Apparently not.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:27 am
Still's Carenae wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:26 pm One point of note, which is not taking centre stage, is that because of covid, many shipping containers are in the wrong part of the world. Until things get back to normal all countries are going to have shortages of various things.

So the extra stuff that is coming through the ports now is just a build up of past uncompleted orders not necessarily anything to do with Brexit.
Much of the world is in a bad way right now. Bloody Johnson and Brexit. Such international influence, and I though we were insignificant there days. Apparently not.
We have left the EU, get used to it. Ditch the sour grapes or campaign to re-join. I realise you are so disappointed that the UK has not ‘fallen off a Cliff’ or ‘crashed out’ to justify the vast amount of cubic feet of hot air you have expelled out of your cake hole, boring everyone (then again probably your anus also).but it is over. Put your ‘Bollocxs to Brexit’ Badge in a frame under a picture of Vince Cable and Swinson to remind you of ‘What could have been’.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Post by ComeOnYouOs » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:36 pm

I am going to say Brexit deal has already been made, and it will be announced probably on Christmas Eve.
This would mean, the ERG will not be able to slag Johnson off as much for conceding our soverentee!, to the EU .
Johnson would then hope he'll be hailed the hero, with the electorate, for pulling off a 'last minute' deal

Looks like my prediction was right!!!
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Any sort of deal at this stage is going to be preferable to no deal. Probably best to focus on that rather than compare it with what he we had previously.

Hopefully we as a nation can move on from this. The last 4 years have seen this country pulled apart on a debate that never needed to happen. Let’s hope this move on from Brexit will hopefully be the first step towards closing the divides.

As a solid remainder, I genuinely hope that all predictions of what leaving could bring are wrong and the prosperity leavers believe exiting will bring turn up quickly. There’s a lot of people in this country who need it now.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Admin wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:12 am
Hopefully we as a nation can move on from this.
:D
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Dunners wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:14 am
Admin wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:12 am
Hopefully we as a nation can move on from this.
:D
Yeah I know....
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Couldn't be done in a year they said

Are we kinda lucky this had all coincided with a worldwide crisis?

Time for all sides to stfu about it now.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

We dont know how much the government conceded, and it will be hard to find out, as MSM wont tell us readily.
A deal is better than no deal, but the deal we've had for 43 years whilst in the EU, is the best deal we will ever have, and as the months and years pas by, we will all come to realise that
One day we will be back in the EU, alas not in my lifetime though
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

That's just your opinion though, which is usually a bit nutty.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:48 pm That's just your opinion though, which is usually a bit nutty.
Not just my opinion..its the opinion of the governments own figures, and the opinion of many many of the worlds best economists.......do some research, youll find all the info
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:37 pm We dont know how much the government conceded, and it will be hard to find out, as MSM wont tell us readily.
A deal is better than no deal, but the deal we've had for 43 years whilst in the EU, is the best deal we will ever have, and as the months and years pas by, we will all come to realise that
The EU will not exist by then, this is the start of the downfall of our Euro 'partners'.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:33 am We'll be straight into a recession ✖
£394 billion in debt lor 2020 ✔
Worst economic plunge for 300 years ✔
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Lovejoy wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:52 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:37 pm We dont know how much the government conceded, and it will be hard to find out, as MSM wont tell us readily.
The EU will not exist by then, this is the start of the downfall of our Euro 'partners'.
Exactly it will be like the dead parrot sketch on python.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I forgot to say, this exit from EU has cost this country £200 BILLION, more than being members cost us for the entire 43 years.
At least next week the NHS will get the promised £350 million a week........wont it?????????
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Oiram wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:13 am
Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:27 am

We have left the EU, get used to it. Ditch the sour grapes or campaign to re-join. I realise you are so disappointed that the UK has not ‘fallen off a Cliff’ or ‘crashed out’ to justify the vast amount of cubic feet of hot air you have expelled out of your cake hole, boring everyone (then again probably your anus also).but it is over. Put your ‘Bollocxs to Brexit’ Badge in a frame under a picture of Vince Cable and Swinson to remind you of ‘What could have been’.
I see you're still struggling to understand that there is almost zero impact of "leaving the EU" whilst we are still in the transition period.

I know you're desperate to say we haven't fallen off a cliff/crashed out/whatever - but the fact is we haven't seen the impact of leaving yet. You need to keep your powder dry for a bit longer yet.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

We will prosper, the only way we will not is when we have the likes of negative thinking people like odious, Lord Adonis, Grieve, Soubry and the usual suspects and people like yourself still locked into the EU sinking ship. Look ahead not backwards. The UK is a great place to be which is why thousands travel through Europe to get here instead of the settling in the countries that bypass.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

If we're so good why would negative people make any difference to us?!
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Oiram wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:04 pm We will prosper, the only way we will not is when we have the likes of negative thinking people like odious, Lord Adonis, Grieve, Soubry and the usual suspects and people like yourself still locked into the EU sinking ship. Look ahead not backwards. The UK is a great place to be which is why thousands travel through Europe to get here instead of the settling in the countries that bypass.
I admire your optimism, I do - but seriously, you think thousands travel through Europe to come to the UK because it's so great?

You don't think it might be because some of them already have family connections here and many of them already have a smattering of English.

I suspect that uninformed migrants might still believe the UK is a soft touch on the benefits front as well.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

o-no wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:13 pm
Oiram wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:04 pm We will prosper, the only way we will not is when we have the likes of negative thinking people like odious, Lord Adonis, Grieve, Soubry and the usual suspects and people like yourself still locked into the EU sinking ship. Look ahead not backwards. The UK is a great place to be which is why thousands travel through Europe to get here instead of the settling in the countries that bypass.
I admire your optimism, I do - but seriously, you think thousands travel through Europe to come to the UK because it's so great?

You don't think it might be because some of them already have family connections here and many of them already have a smattering of English.

I suspect that uninformed migrants might still believe the UK is a soft touch on the benefits front as well.
I agree with your last paragraph. People do come here as despite negativity that you seem to promote , we are a great country , certainly when it comes to human rights and equality. This despite some saying we are ‘institutionally racist’ which is nonsense in my view. We have left the EU a year ago. It is in the interests of us an the EU to maintain a status quo of sort to ensure prosperity for all , especially as regards as to current events with Covid. We will prosper for sure.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Its actually pretty crap and I was looking forward to retiring in Europe.
Thanks to all the daft old flag wavers who have messed it up for me.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:52 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:48 pm That's just your opinion though, which is usually a bit nutty.
Not just my opinion..its the opinion of the governments own figures, and the opinion of many many of the worlds best economists.......do some research, youll find all the info
Life is about more than money.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:59 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:33 am We'll be straight into a recession ✖
£394 billion in debt lor 2020 ✔
Worst economic plunge for 300 years ✔
Little to do with EU membership ✓
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Why are all the swivel eye Tory loons saying they will need to scrutinise the deal and possibly not back it.
The rest of their party will vote for it along with the vast majority of other parties.
Crazy to the end.