Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:34 pm Will go up within a few weeks imo. The natural next step after the rise in infections, once the youngs have passed it onto the olds.
You seem pretty confident

What do you expect as daily deaths in a months time given we are in single figures now?
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

If we continue to follow the trend in France and Spain, then surely only a matter of time until hospitalisation and death rates go up, as that's what's happened there?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:50 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:34 pm Will go up within a few weeks imo. The natural next step after the rise in infections, once the youngs have passed it onto the olds.
You seem pretty confident

What do you expect as daily deaths in a months time given we are in single figures now?
Can imagine getting up near 100 for a few days.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

One of my local pubs ( which I don't use ) The Shakespeare in Bethnal Green Road was absolutely rammed on Saturday night my mate said , people were up dancing to the DJ , the pub was closed today until further notice due to a couple of their customers testing positive , my mate says he wasn't asked to sign in or leave details on Saturday , I reckon the guvenor is in for a tasty fine at the very least 🤔🤔
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

3,991 new cases reported today. Big jump. 115 people now on ventilators, up from I think 102 yesterday.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

How high do the figures go before we have another national lockdown?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:49 pm How high do the figures go before we have another national lockdown?
Decent explanation here, posted at 1640
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Watched a podcast recently where
1 of the hosts went to a party in L.A

The party host had a bunch of test kits available
Where the guests could wait outside for there results &
Once cleared could join the party .

Yet the Tory Party still cant organise enough for
Key workers !

Just showing up the country again
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Wimps! It's only the bloody flu!
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

With cases and hospitalisations rising again it's gonna be a tough balance between shielding the olds and vulnerable while allowing others to continue

I just can't see older people accept a second targeted lockdown sadly
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:03 pm With cases and hospitalisations rising again it's gonna be a tough balance between shielding the olds and vulnerable while allowing others to continue

It isn't just older people who get Covid-19. Many young people are getting it, it's just more of them recover.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:08 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:03 pm With cases and hospitalisations rising again it's gonna be a tough balance between shielding the olds and vulnerable while allowing others to continue

It isn't just older people who get Covid-19. Many young people are getting it, it's just more of them recover.
Thanks for advancing my point Dr Science
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:41 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:08 pm

Thanks for advancing my point Dr Science
Fewer of them die as well.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Out and about today I lost count of the number of groups in excess of 6, and I'd estimate a slight majority not wearing masks in shops and public transport. The government has lost all authority so, even if they wanted to impose a lock down, I suspect quite a few people would defy them.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dunners wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:59 pm Out and about today I lost count of the number of groups in excess of 6, and I'd estimate a slight majority not wearing masks in shops and public transport. The government has lost all authority so, even if they wanted to impose a lock down, I suspect quite a few people would defy them.
I had to get on the tube today and the vast, vast majority had a mask on (although not all properly).
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:01 pm Watched a podcast recently where

Key workers !

Have a look at tests per million population then let me know how many countries with a population above 10 million have conducted more tests/million. The answer is none. What a show up!
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:08 pm

Key workers !

Have a look at tests per million population then let me know how many countries with a population above 10 million have conducted more tests/million. The answer is none. What a show up!
Yeah well done, they've only had since March to make sure the capacity for testing would NEVER be a problem , now they're telling us in September at the beginning of the 2nd wave that the wrong people are taking the tests up....

Maybe if they allowed the profesional knowledgeable people to do the work rather than outsourcing the work to their corrupt and useless cronies/old pals we might have actually got somewhere

But as I say, well done with your response and observations, bravo 👏
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

kokomO wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:19 pm

Key workers !

Yeah well done, they've only had since March to make sure the capacity for testing would NEVER be a problem , now they're telling us in September at the beginning of the 2nd wave that the wrong people are taking the tests up....

Maybe if they allowed the profesional knowledgeable people to do the work rather than outsourcing the work to their corrupt and useless cronies/old pals we might have actually got somewhere

Of course we all know the history and the current situation. All countries have the same calendar, the same professional knowledge and no doubt the same issues, yet are nowhere near the levels of testing achieved in the UK. When measured by tests per million population. Having started behind the others we are now in front. So we have actually got somewhere. Further than others in fact. A recent BBC report acknowledged this too, surprisingly. So it’s not my observation but one reported by the Beeb.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:06 pm

Of course we all know the history and the current situation. All countries have the same calendar, the same professional knowledge and no doubt the same issues, yet are nowhere near the levels of testing achieved in the UK. When measured by tests per million population. Having started behind the others we are now in front. So we have actually got somewhere. Further than others in fact. A recent BBC report acknowledged this too, surprisingly. So it’s not my observation but one reported by the Beeb.
Based on what?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Other countries testing worked
Other Countries prepared properly
After the Initial outbreak .
This bunch of chancers have stumbled
From pillar to post on everything they do.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:24 pm

I’m not trying to make any political points here. My dislike for Johnson is well documented. But the numbers are public, published daily and pretty clear. In fact, that we were slow off the blocks makes our leading position more remarkable.

The issue is people trying to make hysterical political points in terms of testing that are not backed up by current numbers. Our current testing issues are a shambles. I worry, my daughter is a teacher, 6-7 year olds. Social distancing is near impossible and almost every day kids come in with all sorts of ailments. She worries about picking it up and spreading it around. It affects us as a family every day.

My sister is in a care home where Covid has been identified. Visiting restrictions of course. I wonder if I will ever see my sister again. Age and illness is not on her side.

But the shambles is there because we have pushed our systems to the limits and beyond to achieve incredible daily testing numbers and the cracks are showing. Ironically had the Government set more modest targets we would be coping very well. Ambition is being punished.
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

Rest of your post aside Dohnut I hope your sister is OK, or at least that you get to be reunited soon. Thinking of you and wishing good things for her and your family.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:40 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:24 pm

I’m not trying to make any political points here. My dislike for Johnson is well documented. But the numbers are public, published daily and pretty clear. In fact, that we were slow off the blocks makes our leading position more remarkable.

The issue is people trying to make hysterical political points in terms of testing that are not backed up by current numbers. Our current testing issues are a shambles. I worry, my daughter is a teacher, 6-7 year olds. Social distancing is near impossible and almost every day kids come in with all sorts of ailments. She worries about picking it up and spreading it around. It affects us as a family every day.

My sister is in a care home where Covid has been identified. Visiting restrictions of course. I wonder if I will ever see my sister again. Age and illness is not on her side.

But the shambles is there because we have pushed our systems to the limits and beyond to achieve incredible daily testing numbers and the cracks are showing. Ironically had the Government set more modest targets we would be coping very well. Ambition is being punished.
Again as has been said hoping you get a chance to see your sister ,
Cant agree with you about government testing .
Its been here since february & every week has been a shambles .

The moment Johnson let c*mm#ngs off the hook they have been screwed &
are now reaping the rewaerds of high infection rates once again.

More families to suffer unnecessary deaths because of the incompetance of this inept government !
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Thor, take a bow . You called it early and you were completely correct .
PoliticOs
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Funniest boarder 2011, 2014

Post by PoliticOs »

Woah! Yep, hats off. That is absolutely definitive right there.

(Other than that she hasn't produced the evidence she claims, nor peer-reviewed the paper, is scientifically incorrect by pretty much all claims, is being published and linked to Trump's former security advisor and recently-charged-with-fraud-darling-of-white-supremacists Steve Bannon. But other than that it seems solid and we should absolutely believe her and none of the thousands of scientists around the world).