Donald Trump watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by slacker »

Rejoice! P45 has beaten the covid and is out of hospital already. Easy peasy stuff for a superman like Trumpy.

Must be a relief to his fellow Americans to know that with the universal access to the bestest medical care available to them and a helicopter to ferry them there and back they too have nothing to worry about this virus. I’m sure their ultra-cheap health insurance policies will cover this.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

CNUT of the highest order.
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

Almost every case of the virus reported is mild symptoms at first and either recovery or serious problems after a week or so. Either he has responded completely differently to most to the virus, or the timeline is wrong and he had it earlier, or the experimental treatment was a massive success, or he's got a fair chance of being back in and on a ventilator by the weekend.

I think I'd plump for he's had it much longer, either swerving the daily tests he said he had or deliberately covering up a positive test and willfully putting others at risk for a week. Would put neither past him.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

To believe he's recovered in such a short time, you have to believe he had it in the first place!
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

He's got God on his side. He's posed by quite a few churches during this campaign. He'll be OK.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Mick McQuaid wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:00 pm Almost every case of the virus reported is mild symptoms at first and either recovery or serious problems after a week or so. Either he has responded completely differently to most to the virus, or the timeline is wrong and he had it earlier, or the experimental treatment was a massive success, or he's got a fair chance of being back in and on a ventilator by the weekend.

I think I'd plump for he's had it much longer, either swerving the daily tests he said he had or deliberately covering up a positive test and willfully putting others at risk for a week. Would put neither past him.
I'm not doubting his extreme alphamaleness for one moment, of course, but there is of course another possible explanation as to how he's Beaten The Virus in such record time.
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

The amount of people, including Doctors who have no vested interest other than that they probably hate him, who would have to be involved to pretend he had been treated rules out the idea he never had it for me. It would have been leaked by someone if that was the case.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

It’s possible for him to recover like this as he’s been pumped full of steroids. It’s the steroids which are giving him a false sense of belief that all is well, it’s what happens when they become less effective (stop working) after doing their initial job. Will it hit him hard then? Will something else happen.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Let's hope it all turns out for the best.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Beat for whom?
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

The world at large, I'd say.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Looks like he's on the way back :xxx
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Thought you were a fan?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

It's not so much Trump that bothers me (although, he does), it's Trumpism. Listening to some of the stuff being spouted by the lunatics that have all but taken over the Republican Party is chilling. The religious right has now pushed out the national security and corporate interest element from the party, and they're sounding absolutely demented.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

A supporter on itv news last night said "we cant trust elections now, its proven we were cheated".

She didnt propose an alternative. Its chilling how thick some people are.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:38 pm Thought you were a fan?
It does make for good entertainment, up to a point anyway.
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

Just think, in just over 2 years time, we could have a lunatic in charge of USA as well as Russia. Time to build a nuclear shelter.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Friend or faux wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:49 pm Just think, in just over 2 years time, we could have a lunatic in charge of USA as well as Russia. Time to build a nuclear shelter.
The bookies are not offering good money on the current incumbent of the hot seats in USA or Russia being in same roles by 2025
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Long slender neck wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:39 pm A supporter on itv news last night said "we cant trust elections now, its proven we were cheated".

I've been trying to follow what it is the new Trumpians actually want. And I think they want an election result to be taken as advisory, but for the actual choice of representative or President to be made by "their officials".

There's also this creeping expectation that the Supreme Court will no longer be expected to interpret law based upon the changing needs of society but based upon an interpretation of what was meant during the time of the constitution.

These people are proper dangerous, but there seem to be very little internal opposition to them.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dunners wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:11 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:39 pm A supporter on itv news last night said "we cant trust elections now, its proven we were cheated".

I've been trying to follow what it is the new Trumpians actually want. And I think they want an election result to be taken as advisory, but for the actual choice of representative or President to be made by "their officials".

There's also this creeping expectation that the Supreme Court will no longer be expected to interpret law based upon the changing needs of society but based upon an interpretation of what was meant during the time of the constitution.

These people are proper dangerous, but there seem to be very little internal opposition to them.
They Want Trump as president for life .
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

'Originalists' have quietly been taking over the judicial system for decades. Organisations like the Federalist Society have been financially supported by hard right donors since the 80s, training and then acting as advocates for extremely conservative judges of tomorrow. Originalists return more and more power to state level, states which republicans have increasingly also carved up through decades of voter suppression and gerrymandering. And 40-45% of the country are lapping that stuff up.

They are f*cked.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

What about the guy who threw a beer can at Ted Cruz?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:08 pm

'Originalists' have quietly been taking over the judicial system for decades. Organisations like the Federalist Society have been financially supported by hard right donors since the 80s, training and then acting as advocates for extremely conservative judges of tomorrow. Originalists return more and more power to state level, states which republicans have increasingly also carved up through decades of voter suppression and gerrymandering. And 40-45% of the country are lapping that stuff up.

They are f*cked.
They sure are.

Like you say this has been highly organised and well funded by the billionaires who see it as a way of allowing them to control the country and make more money. Civil war is inevitable within the next 10 years.
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

"Max wrote:

.... Civil war is inevitable within the next 10 years.