Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Tory Watch

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Bet Oiram never had a Pret or a craft IPA during his youth
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Oiram wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:44 pm I have properties that I have owned for years. Having been brought up in a council tower block I left home at 16 without a Penny to my name. Worked hard, saved everything I could, bought a house when I was 20. Carried on working hard all my life. Nobody has ever given me any money to help me buy anything. I have not had expensive holidays or cars. Are you saying I should hive my money to this fund and not my own children?
Who would set this threshold? On what basis? There are a lot of people like myself who never inherited anything and did without to get ahead in life, build some security for themselves.
So you got part of your wealth from owning multiple property &
Denying honest hard working people the right to buy & own
There own homes ?

That's just dispicable & the worst kind of wealth in the modern day !
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Max B Gold wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:55 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:46 pm
Oiram wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:44 pm I have properties that I have owned for years. Having been brought up in a council tower block I left home at 16 without a Penny to my name. Worked hard, saved everything I could, bought a house when I was 20. Carried on working hard all my life. Nobody has ever given me any money to help me buy anything. I have not had expensive holidays or cars. Are you saying I should hive my money to this fund and not my own children?
Who would set this threshold? On what basis? There are a lot of people like myself who never inherited anything and did without to get ahead in life, build some security for themselves.
How many imaginary children do you have Mario?

Max is of course right - inheritance tax should be at 100%. I’d allow him this threshold nonsense initially if he insists, but would look to remove it altogether ASAP.
I was only advocating it to win over floating voters. I dont believe in it obviously. I also left out the guillotine for those who deliberately try and avoid it using clever tax planning for the same reason.
Definitely guillotine all the Tax avoidance accountants!
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Even tax avoidance accounts and wealth managers can learn the error of their ways (After making a fortune) and rise to become leading leftie voices on the LOFC Forum.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:24 pm
There own homes ?

I do not feel bad as nobody helped me except myself. I started with absolutely nothing. I realised I would have nothing when I was 12 and had to earn it myself. I always help people as best I can in life, my conscience is clear in that department. I know people who have been in the same boat as me as well as people who are second or third generation benefactors. They are all nice people , not the ‘Rachman’s’ you would think. Rachman was a Polish immigrant incidentally.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Oiram wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:40 pm
There own homes ?

I do not feel bad as nobody helped me except myself. I started with absolutely nothing. I realised I would have nothing when I was 12 and had to earn it myself. I always help people as best I can in life,
Slave owners never felt bad either !

I hope your altruistic streak allows your tenants to live at rent of
25% of the gping rate . Anything else is cashing in on someones elses poverty!
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:46 pm

There own homes ?

I do not feel bad as nobody helped me except myself. I started with absolutely nothing. I realised I would have nothing when I was 12 and had to earn it myself. I always help people as best I can in life,

I do not let my stuff at full market rent , I’ve never put any existing rent up but have often put it down if people fall on hard times. Most of tenants I have stay for many years. Thing is today, people are buying properties at 400 to 500 k and try to profit out of them which in an average situation is not viable. Their business model is often flawed. People are buying property for the wrong reasons. They should buy a house as a home not as a ‘pension’. Amateur Landlords can give the industry a bad name.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Oiram wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:00 pm

I do not let my stuff at full market rent , I’ve never put any existing rent up but have often put it down if people fall on hard times. Most of tenants I have stay for many years. Thing is today, people are buying properties at 400 to 500 k and try to profit out of them which in an average situation is not viable. Their business model is often flawed. People are buying property for the wrong reasons. They should buy a house as a home not as a ‘pension’. Amateur Landlords can give the industry a bad name.
Can we have PROOF of your altruistic nature please .

Otherwise its just made up nonsense !
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:01 pm
Oiram wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:00 pm

Can we have PROOF of your altruistic nature please .

Otherwise its just made up nonsense !
No. Believe or disbelieve whatever you like.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Disbelieve then

If a person does something for good
They do it quietly , they dont bandy it about
On social media unless they are trying to mislead
others into believing there b*llsh*t !.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Oiram wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:02 pm
PoliticOs wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:16 pm
Oiram wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:44 pm I left home at 16 without a Penny to my name. Worked hard, saved everything I could, bought a house when I was 20.
Very impressive, Oiram. Good for you.

What did you do for work between the ages of 16 and 20 out of interest?
Most evenings working in restaurants, washing up, cleaning kitchens, cutting vegetables and peeling spuds, washing the floors etc, ‘progressed’ to a bit of waitering meeting interesting people who became lifelong contacts and friends. During the day and weekends age 16 , pretended to be 18 to get casual work at GBN and Radio Veneers both near Brisbane Road. Worked in food factories, Furniture Factories in and off Lea Bridge Road. Removals and business transfers. Carried more full filing cabinets that I want to remember. Worked in Bakeries, shops and all sorts. Worked since age 12 in various shops, building sites and gardening jobs. My joints are suffering now through shear hard physical work. Saved hard, was quite easy as I was always at work somewhere.
So within four years, with no qualifications, you managed to save up enough to buy a house by peeling spuds and laying up veneer. That’s right up there with your imaginary psychology degree.

Blocked and ignored.
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

So 'getting ahead in life' is buying property and profit from the fact that other people are too poor to buy a property?
And the fact that since Thatcher Councils were obstructed in building and providing homes on decent rents for those who need a decent place to rent and live in ?
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

E10EU wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:57 am

So 'getting ahead in life' is buying property and profit from the fact that other people are too poor to buy a property?
And the fact that since Thatcher Councils were obstructed in building and providing homes on decent rents for those who need a decent place to rent and live in ?
For me it was at the time, as I needed to have security to do other things like travel. I have provided homes at decent rents for people as mentioned. People have stayed with us for years as we provide good quality accommodation , safe accredited and Licensed. Councils especially in Waltham Forest and Redbridge seem to be making the same mistakes of the 60’s. They are recreating Tower blocks that became crime riddles estates.. Building on smallest plights and creating small flats with little amenity.

More homes were built under the Tories than when Labour were in power . Thing is there is no more land being provided by the good Lord. We have what we have. We are over populated, especially in London. We have what we have to utilise.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Stowaway wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:14 am
Oiram wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:02 pm
PoliticOs wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:16 pm

Very impressive, Oiram. Good for you.

What did you do for work between the ages of 16 and 20 out of interest?
Most evenings working in restaurants, washing up, cleaning kitchens, cutting vegetables and peeling spuds, washing the floors etc, ‘progressed’ to a bit of waitering meeting interesting people who became lifelong contacts and friends. During the day and weekends age 16 , pretended to be 18 to get casual work at GBN and Radio Veneers both near Brisbane Road. Worked in food factories, Furniture Factories in and off Lea Bridge Road. Removals and business transfers. Carried more full filing cabinets that I want to remember. Worked in Bakeries, shops and all sorts. Worked since age 12 in various shops, building sites and gardening jobs. My joints are suffering now through shear hard physical work. Saved hard, was quite easy as I was always at work somewhere.
So within four years, with no qualifications, you managed to save up enough to buy a house by peeling spuds and laying up veneer. That’s right up there with your imaginary psychology degree.

Blocked and ignored.
Yes. You didn’t need qualifications to earn money then and properties were substantially cheaper. The wages to value ratio was different to what it is now. You do not really require qualifications to earn money now. In my local , there are four staff all with University Degrees working behind the bar. Have massive amount of debt between them. They could not get employment they wanted pre-Covid . They treasure the job they have now as it is their only means of earning. Two have decided to make that their career and have started training for their Licence and Trainee Managers Certificate.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:16 pm Bet Oiram never had a Pret or a craft IPA during his youth
Kraft IPA is not really recognised by CAMRA . It is an overpriced gimmick. Tax incentives encouraged smaller Brewers to produce ales. As usual the big Breweries set up subsidiaries and jumped on the band wagon. They started selling tiny tins for circa a fiver. Ridiculous, cost them peanuts to produce. For me, you cannot beat a pint of London Pride, Greene King IPA or Abbott Ale.

As for Pret. After they were responsible for that poor girl having an anaphylactic shock on a plane after eating a roll without ingredients displayed , I’ve avoided them. Prefer to make own food anyway. I know what is in there and who has handled it. Especially these days with Covid risks.

Seriously if that is the height of luxury for youths these days, a Kraft beer and a Pret, I feel sorry for them.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:31 pm Even tax avoidance accounts and wealth managers can learn the error of their ways (After making a fortune) and rise to become leading leftie voices on the LOFC Forum.
Or out of work journalists.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Disoriented wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:58 am
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:31 pm Even tax avoidance accounts and wealth managers can learn the error of their ways (After making a fortune) and rise to become leading leftie voices on the LOFC Forum.
Or out of work journalists.
Hutch hasn't posted on here for years and is still employed as far as I'm aware
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Do you have more imaginary rental properties or imaginary children?

Absolutely bizarre.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

A couple of items worth a look at for purchase !
😁
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

So it seems a Number of Tory MPs were
On the now Banned Right Wing Parler App

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.busine ... 21-1%3famp

tut tut tut
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

That fukin albino scarecrow has turned up to PMQs without having had a shave.

The fat w*nk is an incompetent, blustering jaikie FUD.
Last edited by Max B Gold on Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roffeys money
Fresh Alias

Post by roffeys money »

Racist! Reported.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:50 pm So it seems a Number of Tory MPs were

tut tut tut
I see Parler has been reinstated using servers based in Russia. Is there any issue here with national security given that some of the Tories signed up to Parler are government ministers?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:01 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:50 pm So it seems a Number of Tory MPs were

tut tut tut
I see Parler has been reinstated using servers based in Russia. Is there any issue here with national security given that some of the Tories signed up to Parler are government ministers?
Probably
But these f*ckers dont care