Clueless Southgate

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Clueless Southgate

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

We should get Big Sam back.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:47 am
Kimpon wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:43 am
Ornchurch wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:00 am

179 appearances for Man United and 46 for England? Lack of experience? 🤣🤣
He couldn’t handle the pressure, we have had better penalty takers at Breyer Stadium

More pressure on scoring this to send United through in the Champions League in the last minute, not the 3rd penalty of a shootout
That's how the pen should've been taken last night, he's spent too much time training with Pogba doing all those stupid stutter steps.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

KVN wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:14 am
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:10 am I reckon these boys all missed on purpose to troll the racist booers.
That would only get them more racist comments on social media, good thinking.
Oh Pevans!
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

gshaw wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:04 pm
Kimpon wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:43 am

He couldn’t handle the pressure, we have had better penalty takers at Breyer Stadium

More pressure on scoring this to send United through in the Champions League in the last minute, not the 3rd penalty of a shootout
That's how the pen should've been taken last night, he's spent too much time training with Pogba doing all those stupid stutter steps.
The exact same stutter steps that he does in that video you mean?
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

Stutter steps?
Absolurely scandalous to treat the taking of a penalty so flippantly

The very least any striker should do is force the keeper to make a save

Rashford's penalty was dreadful
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

ContrifibulatoryOlaf wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:35 pm Stutter steps?
Absolurely scandalous to treat the taking of a penalty so flippantly

The very least any striker should do is force the keeper to make a save

Rashford's penalty was dreadful
Like Saka did? Great outcome.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:21 pm

If you think that pen and last night's were the same I'd suggest an eye test. He's picked a spot there and hit it top bins, last night he did 3 maybe 4 variations running up then scuffs it onto the post. Trying to be far too clever for his own good.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

100% correct. How can anyone even suggest those two pens are the same.... They ain't even close.
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Highwood Man wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:46 am After we scored we managed to muster one shot on target in the next 118 minutes. Positively Embletonesque.
😅brilliant.
It must be in the new FA Coaching manual.
One man upfront feeding off scraps.
Pass the ball around and get nowhere.
Kane/Johnson.
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Still wrong wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:11 pm The luckiest England manager of all time.
We haven’t played anybody in the World top 10 and have reached the final.
Sunday will be wake up time.
And it was.
Passed off the pitch.
If we had the draw Italy had we would have been knocked out in the quarter finals by Belgium 🇧🇪.
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:49 pm "FIFA fourth place ranked England, the third highest ranked team in the tournament, haven't played anyone higher ranked than us!"
😂 England 4th?
Do me a favour.
We are about sixth in Europe and about eighth in the World.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

My son accessed a video which shows Southgate telling the players individually, in order, what number they were in the shootout. According to the video Pickford was next!!
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:15 am I don't blame any of the penalty takers who missed, none of them missed for purpose ffs, but Southgate showed why he's lacking as a football man.
Why on earth was a19 year old allowed to take such a crucial penalty? Why didn't a more experienced player step up, or be forced to step up by Southgate?
Before that some of Southgate decisions were baffling. Why on earth take off Rice, who was having a fantastic game, and replace him with Henderson?
Henderson offers nothing (and never has tbh ). A mystifying decision.
Why did England defend so deep early in the second half, allowing the Italians to attack, and bring more men further forward into danger areas?
IMO, Southgate managed the game poorly in a number of respects.
As a human being Southgate is a fine man with good values, and to be admired, but as a football manager..... Not for me I'm afraid.
Cant be bothered to dissect your whole post so will just say that, pretty obviously, Rice was taken off because he was knackered. Someone with even the most basic knowledge of football could've seen that.
KVN
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KVN »

gshaw wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:28 pm

If you think that pen and last night's were the same I'd suggest an eye test. He's picked a spot there and hit it top bins, last night he did 3 maybe 4 variations running up then scuffs it onto the post. Trying to be far too clever for his own good.
He did a 5 minute jog in the penalty last night, you could see the keeper not even bothered by his jumping around.
Not remotely similar.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

He picked a spot last night too, and was a couple of inches away from finding it perfectly. He's literally done that penalty run up for years

Can you go see a doctor or something? Because you get a raging stonk on whenever someone doesn't smash the f*** out of a penalty and I'm concerned for you
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Just as a side note, if a player smashes the sh*t out of a penalty isn’t there a chance the ball will go flying over the bar . These days a modern professional football is very light
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Yeah there is, but certain people think taking a penalty is as easy as running up and smashing the ball
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:18 pm Just as a side note, if a player smashes the sh*t out of a penalty isn’t there a chance the ball will go flying over the bar . These days a modern professional football is very light
They should just smash it under the bar and just inside of the post, guaranteed to score that way. Easy.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:09 pm

He picked a spot last night too, and was a couple of inches away from finding it perfectly. He's literally done that penalty run up for years

Can you go see a doctor or something? Because you get a raging stonk on whenever someone doesn't smash the f*** out of a penalty and I'm concerned for you
Too right, it's called being a football fan. There is no cure.
Millennial Snowflake wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:38 pm Yeah there is, but certain people think taking a penalty is as easy as running up and smashing the ball
Watch Shearer talking about pens, that's exactly what he says. Pick a spot and hit it with conviction.
KVN
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KVN »

Marcus Rashfords inspiration for his penalty kick.
(The Ministry of Silly Penalty Kicks)
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

EH16 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:52 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:15 am I don't blame any of the penalty takers who missed, none of them missed for purpose ffs, but Southgate showed why he's lacking as a football man.
Why on earth was a19 year old allowed to take such a crucial penalty? Why didn't a more experienced player step up, or be forced to step up by Southgate?
Before that some of Southgate decisions were baffling. Why on earth take off Rice, who was having a fantastic game, and replace him with Henderson?
Why did England defend so deep early in the second half, allowing the Italians to attack, and bring more men further forward into danger areas?
As a human being Southgate is a fine man with good values, and to be admired, but as a football manager..... Not for me I'm afraid.
Cant be bothered to dissect your whole post so will just say that, pretty obviously, Rice was taken off because he was knackered. Someone with even the most basic knowledge of football could've seen that.
An I supposed to be grateful that a no mark like you can't be bothered to dissect my whole post?
Do I need to contact you before I post my opinion, to get your permission to do so?
Rice wasn't knackered. He's a early twenty something, and you reckon he was knackered after an hour or so, of football?
Shows what you know eh!
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:49 am
An I supposed to be grateful that a no mark like you can't be bothered to dissect my whole post?
Do I need to contact you before I post my opinion, to get your permission to do so?
Rice wasn't knackered. He's a early twenty something, and you reckon he was knackered after an hour or so, of football?
Shows what you know eh!
He was taken off against Denmark as well. Do you know that he wasn’t carrying a slight knock?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Ornchurch wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:13 am

Shows what you know eh!
He was taken off against Denmark as well. Do you know that he wasn’t carrying a slight knock?
I don't know that, although nothing been said that that was the reason.
He was having a cracking game up to that point though
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:36 am
Ornchurch wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:13 am
Shows what you know eh!
I don't know that, although nothing been said that that was the reason.
He was having a cracking game up to that point though
Exactly. So maybe he came off because he has been carrying a knock and not trained for a while. Not everything has to be made public.