Election Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Re: Election Watch

Post by Friend or faux »

I appeal to all punters on here, to vote on July 4th. The biggest load of nonsense is: " they are all the same & my vote will not count ". There are are loadsa parties out there & quite a few electorial anomalies. Your vote will count no matter who you vote for. Remember the biggest Numpties are those who don't vote & then moan about the Government afterwards.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

CEB

Post by CEB »

Friend or faux wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:31 am I appeal to all punters on here, to vote on July 4th. The biggest load of nonsense is: " they are all the same & my vote will not count ". There are are loadsa parties out there & quite a few electorial anomalies. Your vote will count no matter who you vote for. Remember the biggest Numpties are those who don't vote & then moan about the Government afterwards.

Hi. I’m going to abstain from voting for Stella Creasy because I can’t in good conscience support her, and because the inevitable labour government doesn’t deserve the numbers it will get.

Please feel free to tell me how and why this is somehow not reasonable
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

OK CEB, I will bite your click bait, although I feel that one shouldn't in all honesty encourage you & your alter egos. If you genuinely cannot find a candidate that reflects your views, don't bother voting. I find this scenario challenging. Humans being just what they are ( mostly highly complex ), you are going to find it highly unlikely finding a perfect match. Therefore, what is wrong with the good ole British compromise. Having said all that, my head tells me that your scribblings are a load of baloney & that in reality you are nothing more than an attention seeking troll.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Hi FoF, I think you’re having difficulty understanding.

Labour are the party I would most like to get in, however in such a safe seat as mine, where the question is only “how much will labour win by?” then those of us who find the prospective MP’s positions on some important matters to be indefensible can withhold their vote, and *not* give their vote to another party, so that the numbers may more accurately reflect the level of support an MP has.

It’s unclear why you think my actual position is “click bait”, but I’m interested in your no doubt robust explanation of why my decision is not legitimate within the voting system we have
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

We've gone from "the biggest numpties are those who don't vote" to "if you don't find a candidate you like, stay at home and don't bother" in the space of one post. Amazing.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Friend or faux wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:31 am I appeal to all punters on here, to vote on July 4th. The biggest load of nonsense is: " they are all the same & my vote will not count ". There are are loadsa parties out there & quite a few electorial anomalies. Your vote will count no matter who you vote for. Remember the biggest Numpties are those who don't vote & then moan about the Government afterwards.
That's a good post .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

CEB wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:28 am

Hi. I’m going to abstain from voting for Stella Creasy because I can’t in good conscience support her, and because the inevitable labour government doesn’t deserve the numbers it will get.

Because you have been on here moaning about the Tories for months and when you get your chance to do something about it you abstain .
CEB

Post by CEB »

“Your vote will count no matter who you vote for” is simply not true though. How can it be a good post when it doesn’t recognise that your geographical location can mean your vote is either irrelevant or crucial?
CEB

Post by CEB »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:26 am
CEB wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:28 am

Because you have been on here moaning about the Tories for months and when you get your chance to do something about it you abstain .

1: I’ve moaned about Labour far more than I’ve moaned about the Tories, despite Labour being the party I’d most like to form a government

2: as I’ve made clear, my abstention is based entirely on the fact that I know it won’t stop Labour winning in my constituency, or getting an overall majority

3: I won’t vote for another party as Labour are the party most closely aligned with my beliefs - they are just far enough away that I believe it’s important to show that the support they enjoy is not unmitigated
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

CEB wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:17 am Hi FoF, I think you’re having difficulty understanding.

Labour are the party I would most like to get in, however in such a safe seat as mine, where the question is only “how much will labour win by?” then those of us who find the prospective MP’s positions on some important matters to be indefensible can withhold their vote, and *not* give their vote to another party, so that the numbers may more accurately reflect the level of support an MP has.

It’s unclear why you think my actual position is “click bait”, but I’m interested in your no doubt robust explanation of why my decision is not legitimate within the voting system we have
If everybody in your area thought like that you'll let in the Tories or even worse the LibDems by the back door . In my opinion every vote counts no matter what the likely outcome would be
CEB

Post by CEB »

You’re right, if everyone in my area thought like me the Tories would get in.
Fortunately, the number of people in my area who think like me are low enough that I can vote with my conscience rather than with a “get the tories out at all costs” mentality.
Which proves my point - your vote counts differently depending on where you live. I live somewhere where my vote doesn’t matter at all, so I’m free to vote - or not vote - according to my conscience.

Hope this helps
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

Proposition Joe:-We've gone from "the biggest numpties are those who don't vote" to "if you don't find a candidate you like, stay at home and don't bother" in the space of one post. Amazing.

That's a stupid post. I bet you are one of CEB's alter egos.
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

CEB the fact that you are all over this Board arguing for the sake of arguing, suggests that you are an attention seeker plain & simple. I have interacted far too much with you already, so I shall give it a rest. Hope you have enough sense to reciprocate ( but I hae mae doubts ).
CEB

Post by CEB »

Well done, FoF, I don’t think anyone will notice that after I substantially addressed every claim you made, showing it to be wrong, you then moved on to instead claim that it’s the act of actually posting that you think is somehow objectionable.

Dearie me.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

CEB wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:30 am 3: I won’t vote for another party as Labour are the party most closely aligned with my beliefs - they are just far enough away that I believe it’s important to show that the support they enjoy is not unmitigated
Despair ye not. Reform UK have announced a candidate for Walthamstow.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Friend or faux wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:53 am Proposition Joe:-We've gone from "the biggest numpties are those who don't vote" to "if you don't find a candidate you like, stay at home and don't bother" in the space of one post. Amazing.

I'm stupid for summarising your own posts?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:26 pm
Friend or faux wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:53 am Proposition Joe:-We've gone from "the biggest numpties are those who don't vote" to "if you don't find a candidate you like, stay at home and don't bother" in the space of one post. Amazing.

I'm stupid for summarising your own posts?
Well, yeah.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

You can just about see the penny drop, as she realises mid-sentence the logic fallacy behind the policy.

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

If you are left leaning, The Green Party is moreorless all you have to vote for, now Labour have moved well to the right of centre.
I like Carla Denyer, and I hope she wins Bristol Central, and beats that awful Thangham Debonaire
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Dunners wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:04 pm
CEB wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:30 am 3: I won’t vote for another party as Labour are the party most closely aligned with my beliefs - they are just far enough away that I believe it’s important to show that the support they enjoy is not unmitigated
Despair ye not. Reform UK have announced a candidate for Walthamstow.
I will be voting Reform in my area even though I know they will get slaughtered here . Hackney North and Stoke Newington is caste iron Labour . You could put a red rosette on Bugs Bunny and he'd win it for Labour . That's the only reason why we've been stuck with Diane Abbott for decades .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Dunners wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:50 pm You can just about see the penny drop, as she realises mid-sentence the logic fallacy behind the policy.

Not having nuclear weapons certainly worked for Ukraine .........
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:00 pm
Dunners wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:50 pm You can just about see the penny drop, as she realises mid-sentence the logic fallacy behind the policy.

If Ukraine had Nuclear Weapons, would you have wanted them to use them then?
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:14 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:00 pm

If Ukraine had Nuclear Weapons, would you have wanted them to use them then?
No.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:55 pm If you are left leaning, The Green Party is moreorless all you have to vote for, now Labour have moved well to the right of centre.
I like Carla Denyer, and I hope she wins Bristol Central, and beats that awful Thangham Debonaire
I’m not a fan - she’s no Caroline Lucas, is she?