Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Dohnut »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:51 pm
HeyO wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:49 am
BoniO wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:44 am

Trump must know it's under control. Why else would he be going ahead with that huge indoor rally in Tulsa? I'm sure that will all work out fine......
Low numbers though.
Biggest LOW numbers EVER ever ever
Seemed a scam meant people not intending to go got huge amounts of tickets in the hope Trump would have no audience at all. Plays into his hands of course when he opposes postal voting.

Oklahoma does have a very low rate of infection, not too sure large indoor gatherings will keep it that way.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

For all the complaints last time around about Facebook etc rigging the election, seems both sides are happy to play tricks when it suits them.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dohnut wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:44 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:51 pm
HeyO wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:49 am

Low numbers though.
Biggest LOW numbers EVER ever ever
Seemed a scam meant people not intending to go got huge amounts of tickets in the hope Trump would have no audience at all. Plays into his hands of course when he opposes postal voting.

Oklahoma does have a very low rate of infection, not too sure large indoor gatherings will keep it that way.
Interesting you think a low turn out,
is in some way similar to postal voting
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Probably referring to the fraud element.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

What Fraud Element ?
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

UK coronavirus LIVE: Death toll rises by 43 as Matt Hancock confirms further easing of lockdown will be announced this week.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavi ... -ntp-feeds
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Yes good news.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Thor wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:04 pmYes good news.
How?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Disoriented wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:45 am
Thor wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:04 pmYes good news.
How?
What will emerge, is in fact just starting too, is the expected death toll from people who have avoided seeking media a advice due to Virus fears.

Back at the start of lockdown experts expressed concerns, given the drop in GP/hospital appointments, suggesting from Cancer alone 10,000 people will die early. As time has progressed that estimate has reached 50,000. Add to that the myriad of other life threatening issues and the death toll bye-product of this virus will dwarf Covid numbers.

The lockdown was necessary, as is the need to reduce restrictions and ensure people start to get the treatment they really need.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/202 ... s-covid19/

The World Health Organization reported a record increase in global coronavirus infections yesterday, with the total rising by 183,020 in a 24-hour period.

Its still going strong .
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Has there been any increase in infections considering the protests we've had?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Not yet , but there was a piece somewhere claimg a bunch of fans from the north east & north west were travelling down to protect statues who were diagnosed Covid positive .
The rate was very high in those areas at the time while
Londons wasnt.

No link as i didnt save it.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

LBC were reporting this morning that Germany in certain points the R rate has passed 2 and hit 2.07 I think the number was.
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

UK coronavirus death toll rises by 15 to 42,647.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/u ... -ntp-feeds
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

The Chief Scientist said today
after being asked when he thought we might be free of covid-19

It will be with us through the Winter & well look again in March .
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

And Mr Johnson urged people to be vigilant, saying the virus "wants to take advantage of our carelessness".

Most pertinent thing this tw*t has ever said.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Orient Punxx wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:25 pm And Mr Johnson urged people to be vigilant, saying the virus "wants to take advantage of our carelessness".

Unfortunately, anything that Johnson now says in relation to the virus and distancing, has the depth of a grain of sand; particularly since his gutless support of Dominic Cummings breaking lockdown.

That utter charade set the precedence that has led to most people basically ignoring any subsequent advice given by this incompetent, lying Government.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

NuneatonO's wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:38 pm
Orient Punxx wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:25 pm And Mr Johnson urged people to be vigilant, saying the virus "wants to take advantage of our carelessness".

Unfortunately, anything that Johnson now says in relation to the virus and distancing, has the depth of a grain of sand; particularly since his gutless support of Dominic Cummings breaking lockdown.

That utter charade set the precedence that has led to most people basically ignoring any subsequent advice given by this incompetent, lying Government.
You've been ignoring their advice since March, the same month you said it was just flu and everyone was overreacting
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Re-printing a rant I saw elsewhere, because it sums up my feelings right now:
So, essentially, we're going to have provide our own political guidance, since this awful, malignant, cynical, manifestly worse than useless government have decided to abandon the ship of state. We'll have to decide for ourselves what "one metre plus" means; exercise our own caution, take with a Siberian mine of salt anything that thatched sackful of mendacious white dogshit Johnson says. There he was again, lying away, talking about "defeat" of the virus, sneering in that sub-Churchillian way about Labour MPs not having the "guts" to stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood and send constituents to get sweaty, up close and pissed on the Hove seafront.

Sadly, Labour have decided, out of craven expediency and with an eye on the polls and the tabloid headlines to broadly go along with this, even though the scientists are crying out that these latest easing measures are unwise to say the least. And Starmer is being congratulated for this, as if his canny performance and Labour's short term poll ratings are a higher priority than actual opposition, public health, or protecting workers who are going to bear the brunt of all this after July 4.

I have no political representation in England. In Scotland, yes, New Zealand, yes, but a fat lot use that is to me right here, right now.

Look, I dearly wish for things to get back to how they were, for things to reopen and I even accept that at some point we may have to resume life and just take the risk, in the longterm absence of any test and trace scheme or a vaccine. But this latest easing is a wholly political decision, a prompt for Johnson to pose smirking with a pint against a chorus of tabloid hoorahs. I would much rather, more than I can say, that there's no second wave, and that the sanguine mood of Johnson and the Tories is vindicated. But I gravely suspect that this is but the latest episode in this government's box set of complete and utter incompetence. People will die because of this piggy-eyed, psychotic lump of scum. Take care, all of you.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

slacker wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:48 am Re-printing a rant I saw elsewhere, because it sums up my feelings right now:
So, essentially, we're going to have provide our own political guidance, since this awful, malignant, cynical, manifestly worse than useless government have decided to abandon the ship of state. We'll have to decide for ourselves what "one metre plus" means; exercise our own caution, take with a Siberian mine of salt anything that thatched sackful of mendacious white dogshit Johnson says. There he was again, lying away, talking about "defeat" of the virus, sneering in that sub-Churchillian way about Labour MPs not having the "guts" to stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood and send constituents to get sweaty, up close and p*ssed on the Hove seafront.

Sadly, Labour have decided, out of craven expediency and with an eye on the polls and the tabloid headlines to broadly go along with this, even though the scientists are crying out that these latest easing measures are unwise to say the least. And Starmer is being congratulated for this, as if his canny performance and Labour's short term poll ratings are a higher priority than actual opposition, public health, or protecting workers who are going to bear the brunt of all this after July 4.

I have no political representation in England. In Scotland, yes, New Zealand, yes, but a fat lot use that is to me right here, right now.

Look, I dearly wish for things to get back to how they were, for things to reopen and I even accept that at some point we may have to resume life and just take the risk, in the longterm absence of any test and trace scheme or a vaccine. But this latest easing is a wholly political decision, a prompt for Johnson to pose smirking with a pint against a chorus of tabloid hoorahs. I would much rather, more than I can say, that there's no second wave, and that the sanguine mood of Johnson and the Tories is vindicated. But I gravely suspect that this is but the latest episode in this government's box set of complete and utter incompetence. People will die because of this piggy-eyed, psychotic lump of scum. Take care, all of you.
Some rant.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Disoriented wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:10 pm
slacker wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:48 am Re-printing a rant I saw elsewhere, because it sums up my feelings right now:
So, essentially, we're going to have provide our own political guidance, since this awful, malignant, cynical, manifestly worse than useless government have decided to abandon the ship of state. We'll have to decide for ourselves what "one metre plus" means; exercise our own caution, take with a Siberian mine of salt anything that thatched sackful of mendacious white dogshit Johnson says. There he was again, lying away, talking about "defeat" of the virus, sneering in that sub-Churchillian way about Labour MPs not having the "guts" to stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood and send constituents to get sweaty, up close and p*ssed on the Hove seafront.

Some rant.
No doubt what part of the political spectrum he or she is from.

Last paragraph is the usual get-out clause following such rants - hedge your bets, if it all turns out ok then great, if it doesn't it's "I told you so".
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Enjoy the part of the left that clearly hate Boris for winning but at the same time scream "TELL US EXACTLY HOW TO LIVE OUR LIVES" at him
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

Inevitable symptom of a culture of entitlement and wanting your arse wiped for you
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

Yes, having the expectation of something approaching a competent public health policy is an absurd left wing position and something only an idiot would feel entitled to.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Mick McQuaid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:56 pm Yes, having the expectation of something approaching a competent public health policy is an absurd left wing position and something only an idiot would feel entitled to.
I was talking about people deliberately pretending they don't understand simple messages in order to attack to the government.

Much like you are here