Dominic Cummings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by tuffers#1 »

Disoriented wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:39 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:38 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:58 am

I liked that he was only 95% sure he stopped on the way back. Assume he paid for petrol (who knows) and it wasn't with cash, i'd guess it would be fairly easy to find out.
Bloke on the radio on Ferrari lives 15 miles south of the Cummings family home .
Says he does the london trip regular & gets there fine in the same model of Car/range rover .

He then said if i then had to do another 60 miles id have to fill up 1st.
Is it Spen? 😏
Nah this fella sounded normal
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

BoniO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:42 am
DuvB wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:29 am If you support Labour or are anti-Brexit, you want Cummings gone. QED
Blimey, you still here? I'm still waiting for your definitive list of all the good things this government has done during this crisis. Let's hear about all the positives, surely there must be loads. Mustn't there?
If it runs true to form with the Tories I have spoken to, stand by for the terms 'unprecedented' and 'Corbyn'.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Was DurhamDom organising a back hander with Glaxo ?

F#ck this could be an interesting twist .

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives ... PHMqk3ZPdM
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Dunners wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:40 am
DuvB wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:29 am If you support Labour or are anti-Brexit, you want Cummings gone. QED
There's obviously some truth to this. Opponents of this government realise how crucial Cummings is, so his would be an almighty scalp.

However, there are plenty of pro-leave Tories and pundits who are also calling for him to go (i.e. Tim Montgomerie, Julia Hartley-Brewer, Daily Mail etc). Personally, I'm quite happy to see him stay. The damage to Johnson's reputation is done, and it's probably best to keep the likes of Cummings as visible as possible.
Agree totally with the last bit here....
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Johnsons approval rates collapse
Down to -1 from +19 Friday am

Story party down to -2
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

BoniO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:54 am Sad, but true.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/do ... 32001.html
Concrete blocks owned by GlaxoSmithKline
2 days after the castle trip,
GlaxoSmithKline sign a deal to manufacture
virus vaccine .

Coincidence ?
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

HeyO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:08 am
PutneyO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:40 am
HeyO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 am

:lol: You serious?
You stupid boy
Why the abuse?
Haven't you ever watched Dad's Army ????
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

So who exactly is Cummings?

This will provide an overview about the little weirdo:
https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article ... c-cummings
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:58 am Was DurhamDom organising a back hander with Glaxo ?

I think we're straying into Thory territory with this particular one. While I agree with Craig Murray that both GSK and DC are bad actors (quite literally in DC's case, as we all saw yesterday), I can't believe this one. Why on Earth would DC make that trip in person when any conspiracy / backroom deal could quite easily be stitched up over WhatsApp, without the attendant risk of being seen by someone at the GSK site? Not every outsourced security guard, or disgruntled production worker, or passerby would be in on the deal and the chances of him getting in and out unseen are pretty slim - so why take the risk, rather than making a phone call?

He's obviously lying about the reason for the trip to Barnard Castle on his wife's birthday, but I don't believe it was for anything more sinister than a birthday treat for the wife. (which is bad enough, to be honest, without the need for embellishment)
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

StillSpike wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:14 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:58 am Was DurhamDom organising a back hander with Glaxo ?

I think we're straying into Thory territory with this particular one. While I agree with Craig Murray that both GSK and DC are bad actors (quite literally in DC's case, as we all saw yesterday), I can't believe this one. Why on Earth would DC make that trip in person when any conspiracy / backroom deal could quite easily be stitched up over WhatsApp, without the attendant risk of being seen by someone at the GSK site? Not every outsourced security guard, or disgruntled production worker, or passerby would be in on the deal and the chances of him getting in and out unseen are pretty slim - so why take the risk, rather than making a phone call?

He's obviously lying about the reason for the trip to Barnard Castle on his wife's birthday, but I don't believe it was for anything more sinister than a birthday treat for the wife. (which is bad enough, to be honest, without the need for embellishment)
Why.?

DC's Meal ticket was in Intensive care & Bojo
Said himself 24 hours from death. .

As DurhamDom said yesterday
I dont bother the pm every 5 minutes
I just get on with it.

Maybe there was a big Jiffy bag ( ££££'s) left under a tree at the beauty spot . I cant quite recall as my eyes were funny at the time .

It could be as you say just thory territory , but the old adage , follow the money.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

PutneyO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:03 pm
HeyO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:08 am
PutneyO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:40 am

You stupid boy
Why the abuse?
Haven't you ever watched Dad's Army ????
Pike says hi.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

StillSpike wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:14 pm

He doesn't have to have met on GSK premises and the lie about going there is bizarre.

He may as well have admitted he went there for his wife's birthday because one way or another both were illegal.

Initially they tried to claim the sighting at BC was false but when the witness proved to be credible they came up with this eye test nonsense. Probably to get everyone talking about that and nothing else.

There's more to the BC trip than meets the eye. They're hiding something.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Heh - DuvB in leftie bashing shocker.

Sort of with Dunners here - the longer he stays in post, the worse it is for the Tories. Story more likely to fade away if he quits or is pushed.

Loving the gymnastics some right-wing commentators are going through to remain supportive of Cummings / Boris. Part of me dies though every time I see or hear someone going through this whole charade to maintain a partisan position.

A psychiatrist friend emailed me last night - in his opinion, Cummings displayed a number of classic sociopathic traits yesterday and any criticism of his behaviour / reaction needs to take such a condition into account. Not sure whether that covers Mrs Cummings and her Spectator column / Radio 4 appearance though.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

The majority want Cummings gone, yet he's still there.
He was never elected, yet has tremendous powers over all our lives
This is supposed to be a democracy...... Some democracy eh?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:36 pm The majority want Cummings gone, yet he's still there.
Plenty of unelected advisors out there who can influence our lives. The EU were the biggest example of unelected people telling us what to do.

It happens and Cummings is not unique.

And can we demonstrate the “majority”. How can we quantify that with any certainty. Or is it a noisy minority. I want him gone, my wife and daughter disagree. They feel it’s just more media hysteria plus a few others and don’t want to be governed by the media. Me, I think he is a disgrace irrespective of the media. Should F off pronto.

So I look forward to the proof that the majority want him gone.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Dohnut wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:55 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:36 pm The majority want Cummings gone, yet he's still there.
Plenty of unelected advisors out there who can influence our lives. The EU were the biggest example of unelected people telling us what to do.

And can we demonstrate the “majority”. How can we quantify that with any certainty. Or is it a noisy minority. I want him gone, my wife and daughter disagree. They feel it’s just more media hysteria plus a few others and don’t want to be governed by the media. Me, I think he is a disgrace irrespective of the media. Should F off pronto.

I shall provide the proof as soon as I find it. There was a poll somewhere.
Your point about the EU is not valid. We all voted in elections for our euro MP,s
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:00 pm
Dohnut wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:55 pm

I shall provide the proof as soon as I find it. There was a poll somewhere.
Your point about the EU is not valid. We all voted in elections for our euro MP,s
Here you go:

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Robert Peston from ITV displaying his formidable journalistic skills yet again.

https://metro.co.uk/video/matt-hancock- ... n-2179458/
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

faldO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:04 pm Robert Peston from ITV displaying his formidable journalistic skills yet again.

I thought it was quite weak by Peston unusually.
Maybe the follow up Question wasnt allowed to be answered in his defence.
Paddy Grealish
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy Grealish »

He was shut down by Hancock before he could ask a follow up.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Dohnut wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 5:55 pm The EU were the biggest example of unelected people telling us what to do.
Not this again...

The EU is a dual executive, there's a council and a commission. The council is where the ministers from member states meet and they make policies and do deals etc - they're elected in the states they come from. The commission is the bit that carries out the policies - they're unelected in the same way that civil servants in this country (or any country) are unelected. The commission can propose legislation but the council has to approve it. So it isn't unelected people telling us what to do at all.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:10 pm
faldO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:04 pm Robert Peston from ITV displaying his formidable journalistic skills yet again.

Peston is an idiot and got what he deserved from Hancock today. He might be ok on his own ITV programme but he and most of the MSM on the daily briefing ask the same questions over and over again. The only journalists who ask sensible questions are those from regional newspapers who usually ask something of interest to their local region and readers.

Sky News sent a reporter to the Cummings parental home in Durham - utterly disgraceful.

The rules about social distancing and travel also do not seem to apply to the press.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

faldO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:05 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:10 pm

Peston is an idiot and got what he deserved from Hancock today. He might be ok on his own ITV programme but he and most of the MSM on the daily briefing ask the same questions over and over again. The only journalists who ask sensible questions are those from regional newspapers who usually ask something of interest to their local region and readers.

Sky News sent a reporter to the Cummings parental home in Durham - utterly disgraceful.

The rules about social distancing and travel also do not seem to apply to the press.
Face facts - your team just stuffed the lockdown. Again.

37,000 and counting on the Tory watch.