Dominic Cummings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by tuffers#1 »

PutneyO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:30 am You have to hand it to Dominic Cummings for having the courage to be cross examined live on TV with his job and reputation on the line.
Just proves that Unelected civil servants are still
running the uk , even after Brexit .

Thought things might change .
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

PutneyO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:30 am You have to hand it to Dominic Cummings for having the courage to be cross examined live on TV with his job and reputation on the line.
:lol: You serious?
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Maybe if he had the bollocks to face Piers Morgan or Andrew Marr, instead of a bunch of toothless media muppets, I would.

Then again, at least he didn't pocket anyone's mobile phone; or go and hide in a fridge; unlike the Etonian Spaffer :clown .
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

HeyO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 am
You stupid boy
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Rough quote from Othello: Reputation! Reputation! I have lost my reputation. ..........Someone's response ( well it was a long time ago ) Then you have lost nothing!
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Would prefer Cummings as PM than Johnson.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Dunners wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:00 pm Can everyone please stop trying to politicise what was simply a father caring for his family?
But he did not follow the guidelines. If he phoned NHS 111 he would have been told to STAY AT HOME and self isolate like the rest of us. There are many families that are in the same boat as his family most don’t have the same privileges he has. His arrogance showed through in abundance yesterday. Shameful
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Beradogs wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:50 am Would prefer Cummings as PM than Johnson.
I thought he was?

Johnson just looks after the England Branch of the UK; and does what he's told.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Beradogs wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:50 am Would prefer Cummings as PM than Johnson.
Ridiculous comment . Neither have been good in this crisis and I voted for Boris. Cummings has to much control over Boris for my liking . He thinks he is PM .
Mick McQuaid
Fresh Alias

Post by Mick McQuaid »

A small detail, but I liked the bit about the phone call between Dom and Bojo happening in that tiny window between leading the country/driving kid back from hospital and being so unwell they couldn't speak on the phone, just at the sweet spot to definitely have discussed something but not remember any of the details.

Dom did the off on the 27th, a full week and a day later Boris went into hospital as a precaution while still absolutely leading the country but the strategic genius either didn't think that at the very least it might look a little bad if it came out so should tell his boss, or didnt have the opportunity to mention it over the course of a week.

I suppose the alternative is that our dear leader was in worse shape before that moment and the country was left without anyone in charge for a week.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Crass stupidity, his arrogance shows no bounds, who would be foolish enough to swallow such a story.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Mick McQuaid wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:19 am A small detail, but I liked the bit about the phone call between Dom and Bojo happening in that tiny window between leading the country/driving kid back from hospital and being so unwell they couldn't speak on the phone, just at the sweet spot to definitely have discussed something but not remember any of the details.

Dom did the off on the 27th, a full week and a day later Boris went into hospital as a precaution while still absolutely leading the country but the strategic genius either didn't think that at the very least it might look a little bad if it came out so should tell his boss, or didnt have the opportunity to mention it over the course of a week.

I suppose the alternative is that our dear leader was in worse shape before that moment and the country was left without anyone in charge for a week.
I liked that he was only 95% sure he stopped on the way back. Assume he paid for petrol (who knows) and it wasn't with cash, i'd guess it would be fairly easy to find out.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

PutneyO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:40 am
HeyO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 am
You stupid boy
Why the abuse?
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Hans Christian Anderson is getting seriously concerned that there is a new guy taking over his mantle as the best fairy tale story teller ever.
Although he shouldn't be unduly worried as the new boy on the block is clearly the worst fairy tale story teller ever.
Last edited by PoundhillO on Tue May 26, 2020 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

PoundhillO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:08 am Hans Christian Anderson is getting seriously concerned that there is a new guy taking over his mantle as the best fairy tale story teller ever.
The Ugly Duckling.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

He was having trouble with his eyes.

They do say too much of it makes you go blind.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

If you support Labour or are anti-Brexit, you want Cummings gone. QED
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Sorry not just us Lefties. A Junior Minister has resigned this morning because of DC's lies. DuvB open your eyes. DC is a nasty bit of work and is Universally loathed stop believing the Ruling Classes propaganda.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

DuvB wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:29 am If you support Labour or are anti-Brexit, you want Cummings gone. QED
:lol:

Mate, even the daily fail agree. Weird hill to die on because you're clearly so dogmatic you put alliance over facts and decency and then have the nerve to accuse others of doing the same from the other side.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

West Side Story wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:33 am Sorry not just us Lefties. A Junior Minister has resigned this morning because of DC's lies. DuvB open your eyes. DC is a nasty bit of work and is Universally loathed stop believing the Ruling Classes propaganda.
Unfortunately, brainwashed automatons are not programmed to think for themselves.

You are wasting your time on him dear chap.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:58 am
Mick McQuaid wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:19 am A small detail, but I liked the bit about the phone call between Dom and Bojo happening in that tiny window between leading the country/driving kid back from hospital and being so unwell they couldn't speak on the phone, just at the sweet spot to definitely have discussed something but not remember any of the details.

I liked that he was only 95% sure he stopped on the way back. Assume he paid for petrol (who knows) and it wasn't with cash, i'd guess it would be fairly easy to find out.
Bloke on the radio on Ferrari lives 15 miles south of the Cummings family home .
Says he does the london trip regular & gets there fine in the same model of Car/range rover .

He then said if i then had to do another 60 miles id have to fill up 1st.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

DuvB wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:29 am If you support Labour or are anti-Brexit, you want Cummings gone. QED
Completely and utterly delusional and laughable. When Tory MPs tweet he should go and the Fascist Times does the same, your comment becomes even more embarrassing.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:38 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:58 am

Bloke on the radio on Ferrari lives 15 miles south of the Cummings family home .
Says he does the london trip regular & gets there fine in the same model of Car/range rover .

He then said if i then had to do another 60 miles id have to fill up 1st.
Is it Spen? 😏
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

There's obviously some truth to this. Opponents of this government realise how crucial Cummings is, so his would be an almighty scalp.

However, there are plenty of pro-leave Tories and pundits who are also calling for him to go (i.e. Tim Montgomerie, Julia Hartley-Brewer, Daily Mail etc). Personally, I'm quite happy to see him stay. The damage to Johnson's reputation is done, and it's probably best to keep the likes of Cummings as visible as possible.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Blimey, you still here? I'm still waiting for your definitive list of all the good things this government has done during this crisis. Let's hear about all the positives, surely there must be loads. Mustn't there?