Pitch Invasion Saturday

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Re: Pitch Invasion Saturday

Post by one o in huntingdon »

dOh Nut wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:18 pm
one o in huntingdon wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:14 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:09 pm Not talking about two years ago. talking about 2 days ago. nice try at redirection.
Its the same thing, on the pitch and not leaving when asked.
How is that redirection?
Can't have it just when it suits you
We are discussing the events of Saturday. Nothing to do with 2 years ago, 49 years ago or back in the early 60's nor pitch invasions that's have happened at other grounds around the country. They have no relevance at all. Different times, different circumstance.

bringing up such stuff sounds to me like an admission that some people on the day just got it wrong.
Sounds more like you can't admit you are just a whinger and can even find something to moan about on one of our best days for years
Maybe some Col Utd fans would have liked to see the game end that day if it wasn't for some selfish people on the pitch.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

NOM wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:19 pm
Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:50 pm The real question is, who has the cajones to go on first?

I’ll go on, but only if everybody else does. I’m a coward like that.
Proper glory hunter post I like this one 😂
Can I also extent an olive branch over to you?

Arguing over this is silly. I’m sorry for being rude to you! Let’s just agree that Saturday was a momentous day in the history of the club.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

who are ya who are ya
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

I hate olives by the way
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

NOM wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:26 pm I hate olives by the way
The green ones are alright.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

Esteban wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:23 pm
NOM wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:19 pm
Esteban wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:50 pm The real question is, who has the cajones to go on first?

I’ll go on, but only if everybody else does. I’m a coward like that.
Proper glory hunter post I like this one 😂
Can I also extent an olive branch over to you?

Arguing over this is silly. I’m sorry for being rude to you! Let’s just agree that Saturday was a momentous day in the history of the club.
I like arguing
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

dOh Nut wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:55 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:53 pm Oh well, if someone with an agenda chose a title on the video they uploaded to YouTube, it must be true.
The shots of JE trying to get the people to move back definitely are true! I guess he too has an agenda. Idiot!
Why are you calling JE an idiot? After all he's done for the club that's pretty disgusting.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:35 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:53 pm Oh well, if someone with an agenda chose a title on the video they uploaded to YouTube, it must be true.
The shots of JE trying to get the people to move back definitely are true! I guess he too has an agenda. Idiot!
Why are you calling JE an idiot? After all he's done for the club that's pretty disgusting.
Nice touch. :lol:
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

JE is asking a large crowd of people to move back a bit which is hardly the same as the trophy presentation being ruined you prat.

I've just rewatched the presentation for the first time and it's genuinely brilliant stuff, can't see why people would complain about such an obvious good feeling at the club and strong bond between players and fans. Given what the club's been through the last 5 years and where we were just 2 years ago, it's understandable that some fans' celebrations were a bit overzealous.
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

I would expect that kind of response hence your username🤡
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

f*** off you boring old tw*t
NOM
Fresh Alias

Post by NOM »

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:03 pm f*** off you boring old tw*t
I didn’t know snowflakes used that kind of language I’m shocked!!!
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Another one who refused to leave the pitch, I presume.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:59 pm
JE is asking a large crowd of people to move back a bit which is hardly the same as the trophy presentation being ruined you prat.

I've just rewatched the presentation for the first time and it's genuinely brilliant stuff, can't see why people would complain about such an obvious good feeling at the club and strong bond between players and fans. Given what the club's been through the last 5 years and where we were just 2 years ago, it's understandable that some fans' celebrations were a bit overzealous.
BECAUSE THEY COULDNT f*cking SEE IT!
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:40 pm
Another one who refused to leave the pitch, I presume.
When you say “another one” I hope you aren’t alluding to me with that statement. Did we not already establish that I actually did leave the pitch before the presentation?
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

Esteban wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:22 pm
Winchesterfan wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:04 pm
Esteban wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:04 pm

Again with the wild assumptions. Really is sad.

As mentioned, I didn't actually stay on the pitch after the initial invasion. I'm simply explaining why others may have done so.

The idea that because some people got a bit carried away celebrating you have the right to make ridiculous statements about their character really is pathetic.

And no, I won't go away. You're the one who decided to start throwing sh*t in my direction, so don't get in a huff when I give it back.

I realise that it makes you feel good to act all superior and slander the character of people you've never met based on some overzealous celebrations during a momentous day, but in reality it's just a bit sad and pathetic. Get a grip and grow up.

You know nothing about me, so stop painting an illusion in your crusty old head.
Where is the insult to you in return for you calling me a miserable old fart?
I'm bored of your obsession and trying to justify the pitch invasion against the wishes of the club and majority of fans. So suggest we call a truce and agree to differ on this but agree that we both support a fantastic team and looking forward to returning to the EFL, Up the O's
I fully respect the truce.

Agree to disagree!

Arguing over this is mental. We just won the league.

Please accept my apologies for being rude to you.

Really isn’t worth it!
Apologies are, of course, accepted and I apologise for making any wrong assumptions.
Far better to get behind our club for next season, not to mention Wembley.
Have a great summer.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

For the hard of thinking I'll say it again. I'll type slowly for those that don't read too quick.

The pitch invasion was superb showing joy, passion and the bond between players, fans and management. Wonderful stuff, some great footage. Nice to see, nice to be a part of, great, fantastic, enjoyable etc.... Brilliant scenes, will remain in my memory for a very long time. Smashing, great....

BUT. there came a point where people needed to retreat and allow the formalities to take place, like the cup presentation and lap of honour. The club repeatedly asked people to back off, JE asked people to back off, the majority shouted 'off' 'off' 'off'

People chose to ignore the requests of the club. Players getting medals was a shambles which was a shame for them. Shame for JE to feel the need to ask people for space. Does anybody believe those of us that respected the clubs wishes have any less passion than the idiots who wouldn't leave. No
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Crying over not being able to see some guys lift a piece of metal FFS. I'm sure you'll get over it.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:18 pm Crying over not being able to see some guys lift a piece of metal FFS. I'm sure you'll get over it.
Sure. will see it better next time I reckon.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

dOh Nut wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:33 pm For the hard of thinking I'll say it again. I'll type slowly for those that don't read too quick.

The pitch invasion was superb showing joy, passion and the bond between players, fans and management. Wonderful stuff, some great footage. Nice to see, nice to be a part of, great, fantastic, enjoyable etc.... Brilliant scenes, will remain in my memory for a very long time. Smashing, great....

BUT. there came a point where people needed to retreat and allow the formalities to take place, like the cup presentation and lap of honour. The club repeatedly asked people to back off, JE asked people to back off, the majority shouted 'off' 'off' 'off'

People chose to ignore the requests of the club. Players getting medals was a shambles which was a shame for them. Shame for JE to feel the need to ask people for space. Does anybody believe those of us that respected the clubs wishes have any less passion than the idiots who wouldn't leave. No
Stupid idea to have the presentation ln the pitch in the first place.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Millennial Snowflake wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:18 pm Crying over not being able to see some guys lift a piece of metal FFS. I'm sure you'll get over it.
Seeing some guys lift a piece of metal seemed to matter quite a lot to a few hundred arseholes.FFS etc.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

I would have thought that they could have presented the Trophy and players medals on the balcony.
Everyone could have see the presentation then, anyway, I don’t care really the day itself was brilliant and fantastic to see so many happy people who had worked so hard making the day possible.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Nailed on it won’t happen on the pitch next time (hope I’ve not jinxed anything).

Hope those arseholes with their sh*tty mobile phone recordings of events on the pitch think it was worth it. 👍
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Couldn't see it from where I was standing, but they played crap so didn't feel much like celebrating anyway.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Cheshunto wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:02 pm I would have thought that they could have presented the Trophy and players medals on the balcony.
Everyone could have see the presentation then, anyway, I don’t care really the day itself was brilliant and fantastic to see so many happy people who had worked so hard making the day possible.
Spot on there, thought exactly the same myself.
It was great to see so many happy people, everyone I came across had a dopey looking grin on their face, me included.

Not sure where the handful of found a pound and lost a fiver ones on this thread were, thankfully didn't see their miserable mushes