Mansfield (A) Match / Exiles Thread

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Mansfield (A) Match / Exiles Thread

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

gshaw wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:45 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:39 pm 3 or 4 of Angol, Dennis, Wilkinson, JMD and Brophy running at people is ridiculous at this level.
That's what's been frustrating of the games until tonight, they were stifled by the formation that was far too cautious. Had to go for it tonight and it's almost worked in our favour. Nothing to lose at 2-0 down but everything to gain once the attacking football kicked in.
The two down go for broke away from home mindset is very different from when it's 0-0 in a tight game with something to definitively play for though.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:47 pm
gshaw wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:45 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:39 pm 3 or 4 of Angol, Dennis, Wilkinson, JMD and Brophy running at people is ridiculous at this level.
That's what's been frustrating of the games until tonight, they were stifled by the formation that was far too cautious. Had to go for it tonight and it's almost worked in our favour. Nothing to lose at 2-0 down but everything to gain once the attacking football kicked in.
The two down go for broke away from home mindset is very different from when it's 0-0 in a tight game with something to definitively play for though.
True but at home we need to go out and stamp our authority on a game. The 3-5-2 flatters to deceive on that front as we might have a lot of the ball but most of it doesn't carry any goal threat.

Seems our strength is in the skillful #10 type players in JMD, Dennis and Brophy so let them give the opposition something to worry about. Just be a bit braver and have faith in the front guys to deliver.
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:04 pm Bloody Livescore.I thought it was 2-2.
Livescore had the score at 3-2 before the game had finished.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Lovejoy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:56 pm
Howling Mad Murdock wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:04 pm Bloody Livescore.I thought it was 2-2.
On BBC the score came up 3-2, then went back to 2-2, then 3-2 on the full list of teams but 2-2 on the selected headline match score. JMD name came up then went away. Then came back again, All this in a few seconds. Emotions up and down. Don’t know what was going on. But happy with the 3-2.
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

I was using the Livescore app and it had the goal up immediately and it stayed that way. I guess they all get the scores wrong sometimes.
i8ubutler
Regular
Regular

Post by i8ubutler »

3 - 2
Sweet.
COYO's
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

The 2 penalties were extremely harsh, especially the second one were the player is going away from goal. I know they say you can't touch the player but it was no push in the back. Backs then were truly against the wall. Dennis done well to get ball over his head into the six yard box and Wilkinson done well to throw himself at the ball for the first. Goal number 2, good attacking play and keeper really should have saved it with ball going under his body at near post. The third , good move met by Dennis at back post who's shot appeared to be off target from one yard out but luckily it hit JMD on the line and deflected in, or was it that he was in the rite spot at the rite time. Good to see they were still going for it 6 minutes into injury time. Got abit of luck but after conceding those penalties, luck was well deserved.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

RoryRocks wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:09 am The 2 penalties were extremely harsh, especially the second one were the player is going away from goal. I know they say you can't touch the player but it was no push in the back. Backs then were truly against the wall. Dennis done well to get ball over his head into the six yard box and Wilkinson done well to throw himself at the ball for the first. Goal number 2, good attacking play and keeper really should have saved it with ball going under his body at near post. The third , good move met by Dennis at back post who's shot appeared to be off target from one yard out but luckily it hit JMD on the line and deflected in, or was it that he was in the rite spot at the rite time. Good to see they were still going for it 6 minutes into injury time. Got abit of luck but after conceding those penalties, luck was well deserved.
We had shut up shop really but managed one last break when they overcomitteed from a set piece. I think Gorman did really well to get it to Wright, who got it to Angol out wide and we broke with pace. Great goal.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

dOh Nut wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:03 pm
Lovejoy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:56 pm
On BBC the score came up 3-2, then went back to 2-2, then 3-2 on the full list of teams but 2-2 on the selected headline match score. JMD name came up then went away. Then came back again, All this in a few seconds. Emotions up and down. Don’t know what was going on. But happy with the 3-2.
Yeah I was looking at the 2-2 that Mansfield drew on the 10th August.They have changed the format and colour scheme on Livescore.Don't like the new format as I find it harder to read.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

Red_Army wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:17 am
RoryRocks wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:09 am The 2 penalties were extremely harsh, especially the second one were the player is going away from goal. I know they say you can't touch the player but it was no push in the back. Backs then were truly against the wall. Dennis done well to get ball over his head into the six yard box and Wilkinson done well to throw himself at the ball for the first. Goal number 2, good attacking play and keeper really should have saved it with ball going under his body at near post. The third , good move met by Dennis at back post who's shot appeared to be off target from one yard out but luckily it hit JMD on the line and deflected in, or was it that he was in the rite spot at the rite time. Good to see they were still going for it 6 minutes into injury time. Got abit of luck but after conceding those penalties, luck was well deserved.
We had shut up shop really but managed one last break when they overcomitteed from a set piece. I think Gorman did really well to get it to Wright, who got it to Angol out wide and we broke with pace. Great goal.
Thanks for clarifying. I had presumed they brought on Gorman to consolidate when Widdowson went off. Nice to see that he was involved in the build up for the winner. Still really harsh penalties that could have cost us big time. We should have won on Saturday too against a Stevenage team that was patched together but tonight's result made up for it. At the end of the day, nobody is expecting us to get automatic promotion but if we can get results like this you never know, we could push for a playoff, no pressure. It was great to get a few goals too especially from the new signings, great for confidence.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

The first was similar to the one away at Bromley, Marvin needs to wisen up.

The second was just a joke.

You’re right, the third goal wasn’t luck, you deserve a rebound like that when you’ve got 2 men breaking their necks to get into the box in the 96th minute.
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

Was very impressed with Angol on the left touchline 2nd half. Kept getting the ball with a man close to him but his control is good and kept getting down the wing.
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

The winner makes up for the JMD shot in the Trophy final that hit Harrold and didn't go in
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

one o in huntingdon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:27 am The winner makes up for the JMD shot in the Trophy final that hit Harrold and didn't go in
Thought that actually. about time we got a bit of luck.
JerseyO
Fresh Alias

Post by JerseyO »

Lovejoy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:16 pm I was using the Livescore app and it had the goal up immediately and it stayed that way. I guess they all get the scores wrong sometimes.
FlashScores app, superior in every way. Line ups, live score alerts..
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

JerseyO wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:27 pm
Lovejoy wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:16 pm I was using the Livescore app and it had the goal up immediately and it stayed that way. I guess they all get the scores wrong sometimes.
FlashScores app, superior in every way. Line ups, live score alerts..
I had the Flashscores app but deleted it for some reason.