Ratings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Re: Ratings

Post by Still's Carenae »

Jman wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:42 am I thought Kyprianou was marginally better than Coleman yesterday, once he had time on the ball, he linked play quite well. The problem is, as others have noted, is neither of them offer much else. Two quite similar players who seem to shirk tackles and offer no goal threat. Also have been thinking whether Hector was lucky to stay on yesterday after his deliberate clip on a Rochdale player as they broke. That was a let off for me.

One thing I did think was interesting was just what a difference Pratley made when he came on. Suddenly the large holes in our midfield were starting to disappear. It makes you think someone like him is a really good option to bring on and see out a game, problem is we’ve seldom been in that position… And injuries/bad form have been we’ve had to play him a lot more from the off when clearly his legs have mostly gone
Hector was only a yellow. If that was a red card then most teams would end up with at least a red each match. Those type of tackles happen every game.
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

I don't understand some of the lowish ratings here. We have just won 3-1 after an incredibly difficult spell. We were leading 2-1 before Coleman was substituted, him and Hector can't have been that bad. Rose tinted perhaps but rate players at 5 when we have lost, not when we have won, especially after the 2nd half performance.

And how about ratings for the crowd. Probably 5 today but some days the South/North stands do nothing to support the team. Oh, us and Salford are the only teams in league 2 unbeaten in their last 5
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:07 pm Vigouroux. 7. Couple of decent stops.
Thompson. 7.5. Joint MOM. He has been excellent the last three games. Doesn’t offer much going toward but immovable at the back and a good range of passing.
Beccles. 6. Defence under a lot of pressure first half and they dealt well with most of it.
Ogie. 7. Good game if not quite his imperious best.
Wood. 6. Solid enough.
Coleman. 5. First home win in however long is not the time to knock two of our kids. The manager will know we need much better next season.
Hector. 5. See Coleman.
Archibald. 6.5. Plenty of huff and puff. Not as confident on the ball as earlier in the season.
Smyth. Joint MOM. 7.5 Worldie goal and got better and better as the game went on. Just when he was taking over completely you can guess what happened…injured.
Ruel 7. Another goal. Drifted in and out.
Drinnan. 7.5. He doesn’t stop running and what I like about him, no matter how bad we are playing or how many goals we are losing by, he just keeps on going. Never drops his head.

Subs. 6. Smith scored a simple header.

Wellens. 7.5.Working a miracle getting points from current options. We will see a lot of new faces next season. The midfield will finally see a complete overhaul as the first half was shambolic and he will know it.

Rochdale. 6. Near and tidy but folded like a pack of cards by the end.

Ref. 7. Good game.
Agree with most of this except for Thompson being motm. He's doing a job in a position he's clearly not comfortable in and it gives me hope that he can contribute as a centre back next season, as I'd written him off after that injury. But him playing there massively limits what we can do down the right.

I think wood deserves more credit. Him coming back in has given us more balance, I think him and James next season would do us fine for full backs.

Assuming we eek out enough points to stay up from here, looking at next season we have the start of a good squad. Good range of options up top and that can complement each others styles, fairly decent players at the back. As everyone else has said and is blindingly obvious, we just need to sort that central midfield out. And that's going to be a tricky job, seeing as Brown, Hector and Coleman are all under contract. Clay, Pratley and maybe Young are all serviceable in that position, and I'd say Pratley is worth keeping on as he showed yesterday what his experience brings. But that's a lot of players already on the books for a position we're so poor in.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Is Smyth injured again?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:07 pm Vigouroux. 7. Couple of decent stops.
Thompson. 7.5. Joint MOM. He has been excellent the last three games. Doesn’t offer much going toward but immovable at the back and a good range of passing.
Beccles. 6. Defence under a lot of pressure first half and they dealt well with most of it.
Ogie. 7. Good game if not quite his imperious best.
Wood. 6. Solid enough.
Coleman. 5. First home win in however long is not the time to knock two of our kids. The manager will know we need much better next season.
Hector. 5. See Coleman.
Archibald. 6.5. Plenty of huff and puff. Not as confident on the ball as earlier in the season.
Smyth. Joint MOM. 7.5 Worldie goal and got better and better as the game went on. Just when he was taking over completely you can guess what happened…injured.
Ruel 7. Another goal. Drifted in and out.
Drinnan. 7.5. He doesn’t stop running and what I like about him, no matter how bad we are playing or how many goals we are losing by, he just keeps on going. Never drops his head.

Subs. 6. Smith scored a simple header.

Wellens. 7.5.Working a miracle getting points from current options. We will see a lot of new faces next season. The midfield will finally see a complete overhaul as the first half was shambolic and he will know it.

Rochdale. 6. Near and tidy but folded like a pack of cards by the end.

Ref. 7. Good game.
Did you actually watch the game? Thompson good range of passing and the ref had a good game?!
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Vigoroux 6
Thompson 6 - decent defensively, kept passing it back inside when we had chances to break forward
Beckles 4 - something isn’t right with him, didn’t look like her was concentrating or overly arsed about being on the pitch
Ogie 5
Wood 5
Hector 2 - looked out of his depth, poor positionally. He only got 2 because he made 2 decent passes in the 2nd half
Coleman 3 - see above, marginally better overall
Archibald 7 - made some intelligent runs, worked hard
Smyth 7 - worked hard, great finish
Ruel 6 - good finish but wasn’t really in the game. Showed some flashes when he was. Got more into it when they changed shape and he wasn’t playing in the hole.
Drinan 6

The officials were terrible. Didn’t give obvious fouls when Rochdale players were literally holding their arms around Orient players. Where the f*** did 6 mins of extra time come from?
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:21 pm Is Smyth injured again?
He said after the game was it just cramp, sounds like he should be fine. If we can keep him fit he's a terrific player to have at this level.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Pretty sure it was just cramp the way he was stretching his calves out several times before being subbed.

I think we just have to accept he can’t do 90 minutes. If he plays like he can for 70 minutes, that’ll do me.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

He had cramp and came off as a precaution
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:32 pm Vigoroux 6
Thompson 6 - decent defensively, kept passing it back inside when we had chances to break forward
Beckles 4 - something isn’t right with him, didn’t look like her was concentrating or overly arsed about being on the pitch
Ogie 5
Wood 5
Hector 2 - looked out of his depth, poor positionally. He only got 2 because he made 2 decent passes in the 2nd half
Ruel 6 - good finish but wasn’t really in the game. Showed some flashes when he was. Got more into it when they changed shape and he wasn’t playing in the hole.
Drinan 6

The officials were terrible. Didn’t give obvious fouls when Rochdale players were literally holding their arms around Orient players. Where the f*** did 6 mins of extra time come from?
Kyp is National League bound and I don't think Brown or Coleman are any better .
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

[/quote]
...... and the ref had a good game?!
[/quote]

No, he damned didn't. I sit in the TJS to the right of the goal and on TWO occasions he gave corners when Vig's palmed the ball after it had obviously cross the line. Dreadful.
Jman
Fresh Alias

Post by Jman »

Still's Carenae wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:45 am
Jman wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:42 am I thought Kyprianou was marginally better than Coleman yesterday, once he had time on the ball, he linked play quite well. The problem is, as others have noted, is neither of them offer much else. Two quite similar players who seem to shirk tackles and offer no goal threat. Also have been thinking whether Hector was lucky to stay on yesterday after his deliberate clip on a Rochdale player as they broke. That was a let off for me.

One thing I did think was interesting was just what a difference Pratley made when he came on. Suddenly the large holes in our midfield were starting to disappear. It makes you think someone like him is a really good option to bring on and see out a game, problem is we’ve seldom been in that position… And injuries/bad form have been we’ve had to play him a lot more from the off when clearly his legs have mostly gone
Hector was only a yellow. If that was a red card then most teams would end up with at least a red each match. Those type of tackles happen every game.
Yes my point was he was on a yellow card when he did that, could have easily have gone for it. Smart management from Wellens to haul him off almost immediately after
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Ogie 5
Wood 5
Drinan 6

If you were at the game then you either have blinkers on or are narrow minded. I know they did not have great games but the 2 boys that you give 2 and 3 to went off when the team was winning 2-1. One of them - the one you gave a 2 - provided an assist. You gave Smyth a 7 by comparison, when even our manager said it looked like he was playing with a rugby ball for the first part of the match.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Ogie 5
Wood 5
Drinan 6
This is the most inaccurate set of ratings I’ve seen in a long time.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

LittleMate wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:04 pm
Ogie 5
Wood 5
Drinan 6

If you were at the game then you either have blinkers on or are narrow minded. I know they did not have great games but the 2 boys that you give 2 and 3 to went off when the team was winning 2-1. One of them - the one you gave a 2 - provided an assist. You gave Smyth a 7 by comparison, when even our manager said it looked like he was playing with a rugby ball for the first part of the match.
They were both brought off because they were terrible.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:35 pm
Ogie 5
Wood 5
Drinan 6
This is the most inaccurate set of ratings I’ve seen in a long time.
You’re wrong
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:05 am
Ogie 5
Wood 5
Drinan 6

We were also winning 2-1 and needed fresh legs. You gave Kyp a 2 despite providing an assist. You gave Beckles a 4, whilst giving Thompson a 6 (who lost his man for the goal - Ogie did too btw). An inaccurate set of ratings.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

LittleMate wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:36 am
BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:05 am
We were also winning 2-1 and needed fresh legs. You gave Kyp a 2 despite providing an assist. You gave Beckles a 4, whilst giving Thompson a 6 (who lost his man for the goal - Ogie did too btw). An inaccurate set of ratings.
So his miscontrol in the box is a reason to excuse how sh*t he was? You happy clappers are easily pleased.

Thompson gave more than Beckles. Ogie is a kid
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Thompson couldn't handle the bloke down the left (was it their 8 from memory?) Not a criticism as he's not a full back, just highlighting how bad your analysis is when saying he was our best defender.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:13 pm Thompson couldn't handle the bloke down the left (was it their 8 from memory?) Not a criticism as he's not a full back, just highlighting how bad your analysis is when saying he was our best defender.
As I said, he isn’t a right back so he gets a bit of slack.