Danny Macklin abuse

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Danny Macklin abuse

Post by Admin »

A Pedant wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:49 am
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:51 am Lofts ‘regardless of the issue’ is still really troubling.
Eh? I posted that tweet, all it means is that no matter how deeply one feels about a particular situation, personal abuse is never acceptable.

Clearly today is another 'have a pop at LOFT' day for whatever tiny word or detail someone can find, so I'll leave you to it.
And this is the type of response I mentioned in my post the other day here - viewtopic.php?p=251922#p251922

People are expressing concerns about LOFT and it's involvement with Mat R***r. They're now pointing out something that's fairly obvious. Rather than engage or discuss, you'll dismiss it. It's how Loft have tended to deal with any issue raised on here and funnily enough, how Mat R***r dealt with almost every issue. Beyond satire really.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

A Pedant wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:49 am
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:51 am Lofts ‘regardless of the issue’ is still really troubling.
Eh? I posted that tweet, all it means is that no matter how deeply one feels about a particular situation, personal abuse is never acceptable.

Clearly today is another 'have a pop at LOFT' day for whatever tiny word or detail someone can find, so I'll leave you to it.
The WHY ALWAYS ME attitude has permeated throughout the whole Lofft institution?

The ‘Regardless of the issue’ is entirely superfluous. It somehow implies there is some sort of issue Macklin has caused. There isn’t.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

A Pedant wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:56 am OK, clearly I'm going to have to self-analyse every word I put on Twitter even more than I already do. Thanks for the feedback.
It’s not some petty mis-phrasing that people are picking you up on.

There’s a fundamental error in attitude here, in that Macklin has somehow wronged one of your own. He hasn’t.

If anything, he’s been too bloody lenient for too many years, that’s the ‘Issue’ here.
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

OK, fine. Some people here think that we can't publicly show support for a fellow board member accused of racism, nor can we publicly show support for a club employee getting such vile personal abuse from OTF-types that he's cancelling his Twitter account.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

A Pedant wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:10 am OK, fine. Some people here think that we can't publicly show support for a fellow board member accused of racism, nor can we publicly show support for a club employee getting such vile personal abuse from OTF-types that he's cancelling his Twitter account.
Yes, that’s exactly what it is. :roll:

WHY ALWAYS US?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

A Pedant wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:10 am OK, fine. Some people here think that we can't publicly show support for a fellow board member accused of racism, nor can we publicly show support for a club employee getting such vile personal abuse from OTF-types that he's cancelling his Twitter account.
I guess you can.

Would like to know if you agree with the board members criticism of the clubs response?

And if so, what should the clubs response have been?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Is that Bryan Singer directing the LOFT tweet because it seems to be the same USUAL SUSPECTS having a go
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:17 am
I guess you can.

Would like to know if you agree with the board members criticism of the clubs response?

To answer your first question, in short - no. We publicly backed the club's initial response, as - in our view - it was right for the club to put something out that evening, and as a group that campaigns on an anti-racism standpoint we felt it was right for us to support that. I don't think they or we could have done anything else there. And that was the case regardless of who had been accused (by the time we put out our response, we knew it was Mat, so we weren't talking in the abstract). Once he put something out the next day that confirmed it was him, we felt we had to express a board view, hence our short statement of support in respect solely of the accusation of racism. His criticisms since then are his own.
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

Admin wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:02 am People are expressing concerns about LOFT and it's involvement with Mat R***r. They're now pointing out something that's fairly obvious. Rather than engage or discuss, you'll dismiss it. It's how Loft have tended to deal with any issue raised on here and funnily enough, how Mat R***r dealt with almost every issue. Beyond satire really.
I'm sorry you think that. With the greatest possible respect though, I've devoted untold hours of my life engaging and discussing about LOFT on this board and its predecessors. Just look back at the last board and how much time I spent answering so much criticism about LOFT during the B******* years.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

A Pedant wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:30 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:17 am
I guess you can.

To answer your first question, in short - no. We publicly backed the club's initial response, as - in our view - it was right for the club to put something out that evening, and as a group that campaigns on an anti-racism standpoint we felt it was right for us to support that. I don't think they or we could have done anything else there. And that was the case regardless of who had been accused (by the time we put out our response, we knew it was Mat, so we weren't talking in the abstract). Once he put something out the next day that confirmed it was him, we felt we had to express a board view, hence our short statement of support in respect solely of the accusation of racism. His criticisms since then are his own.

His criticisms since then are his own, but have been retweeted by Lofft without comment which clearly implies agreement…
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:11 pm Is that Bryan Singer directing the LOFT tweet because it seems to be the same USUAL SUSPECTS having a go
Underrated post
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:13 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:11 pm Is that Bryan Singer directing the LOFT tweet because it seems to be the same USUAL SUSPECTS having a go
Underrated post
Had to Google Bryan Singer. Get it now. Didn't laugh. Post over rated.