Sack KJ

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Orient till I die M
Fresh Alias

Re: Sack KJ

Post by Orient till I die M »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:11 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:58 pm Ross had six more points than Kenny does now after as many games and he was hounded out the club

Sixteenth is a joke
Hounded out by fans unwilling to allow a Club TIME to build
You would be happy if we finished 19th but unfortunately not everyone wants the same.
Qin
Fresh Alias

Post by Qin »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:13 pm Only 8 points from the NL and dropping like a stone .The board has to act and act now .
Why do you think another manager would be able to get these players winning?
They are not good enough. Poor recruitment has been the problem
Ling and his transfer committee, are were the anger should go
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Frogger wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:59 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:48 pm And start all over YET AGAIN ?

Him & the players got us into the mess
It's up to him & the players to get
Us out of this mess !
Normally I would agree with that statement but these guys are nowhere near good enough, not even close. It’s very clear that the team were over achieving and relying on a few decent players James, Archibald. Drinan and Smith have gone back into their normal skill level (poop). As for the tactics the manager played 4-4-2 tonight but decided that he would play it with 4 Centre backs!!!! Either he has lost the plot or the squad is not good enough. Either way that’s KJ’s fault he had a transfer window to get the correct players in, even if it was just a left back and a right back. Instead he brought in a midfielder from bottom of the table Vanarama team, a youth player from Derby and some fella who played ok for 3 weeks at Walsall.

Anyone is better than KJ anyone. Can’t get much worse than 1 point and 1 goal in f*cking ages of football. I reckon I could at least equal that record by just picking the squad myself!!!
4 Centre backs 1 who got subbed off
Winning goal came from a 6 ft 3 defender .

Smaller full backs wouldn't have helped much
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:58 pm Ross had six more points than Kenny does now after as many games and he was hounded out the club

Sixteenth is a joke
The more time went on the worse he got, only lasted as long as he did because of Danny Johnson's purple patch.

Jackett has had one hand tied behind his back this season with the lack of squad depth and being "encouraged" to use academy players instead of getting the quality pros we need in key areas (midfield midfield midfield!)
Orient till I die M
Fresh Alias

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:16 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:48 pm And start all over YET AGAIN ?

Him & the players got us into the mess
It's up to him & the players to get
Us out of this mess !
Normally I would agree with that statement but these guys are nowhere near good enough, not even close. It’s very clear that the team were over achieving and relying on a few decent players James, Archibald. Drinan and Smith have gone back into their normal skill level (poop). As for the tactics the manager played 4-4-2 tonight but decided that he would play it with 4 Centre backs!!!! Either he has lost the plot or the squad is not good enough. Either way that’s KJ’s fault he had a transfer window to get the correct players in, even if it was just a left back and a right back. Instead he brought in a midfielder from bottom of the table Vanarama team, a youth player from Derby and some fella who played ok for 3 weeks at Walsall.

Anyone is better than KJ anyone. Can’t get much worse than 1 point and 1 goal in f*cking ages of football. I reckon I could at least equal that record by just picking the squad myself!!!

The point is playing 4 centre halves will never ever put us in a decent position in any games because it’s to negative and they only way we will score is through luck, full backs getting forward is a big part of the game now.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Orient till I die M wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:13 pm

Sixteenth is a joke
You would be happy if we finished 19th but unfortunately not everyone wants the same.
I wouldn't be happy
But I would accept a season of transition from a non league old squad to
A team of younger players building again .

In 1972-3 Orient finished 15th in 73-74 we missed promotion narrowly .
George Petchey took charge in 1971 .

Build a team & Squad that will do something .

We are not owned by billionaires !!!
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

If it’s Ling sack him, if it’s KJ sack him. I would love to know what the thinking was on the last round of signings.

It baffles me and most fans what that window was all about. If we survive avoiding relegation (which I think we will, due to Oldham and Scunny being just a little bit worse than us) the chairman has to seriously take a look at the DoF role and the manager selection. Ling has got it wrong on all managerial appointments and if he has any say in transfers (not entirely sure he has with KJ running the shop) then he has to be shown the door. I feel though these signings are KJ choice. It could be down to budget and instructions on what the board are looking for but even if that was the case these players are sh1t and not good enough for Orient or any league 2 club.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Anthem of Hope wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:17 pm

Sixteenth is a joke
Remember the quality of football - all the aimless passing at the back - more like a five a side match

The board terminated his employment because he was not fit for the role

This season with a decimated team due to injuries ain’t the correct comparison to justify Ross termination

Ross was not allowed to build his own team
Which led to fans threatening non renewal of Season tickets .
Glad you agree with me .

Again KJ has had only 2 transfer windows &
As for a decimated squad ,
Again we are agreed .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

gshaw wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:19 pm

Sixteenth is a joke
The more time went on the worse he got, only lasted as long as he did because of Danny Johnson's purple patch.

Jackett has had one hand tied behind his back this season with the lack of squad depth and being "encouraged" to use academy players instead of getting the quality pros we need in key areas (midfield midfield midfield!)
Ross wasn't allowed to thoroughly build his own squad
Which led to dreadful football with a non league squad & visit.

Again Kenny having 1 hand tied we are agreed
👍
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

So we sack Kenny and someone else takes over , will it get better ? NO cause this teams just not good enough , 4 or 5 decent players and the rest aren't good enough, sacking the manager now is not the answer , trouble is I for one don't know what is 🤔🤔
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:27 pm

👍
Tbh I'd rather have some of those senior pros from last season than what we've brought in during the window, which says all you need to know about decent recruitment
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Orient till I die M wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:20 pm

The point is playing 4 centre halves will never ever put us in a decent position in any games because it’s to negative and they only way we will score is through luck, full backs getting forward is a big part of the game now.
Funny how Chelsea won the Europa league with 3 centre halves & the Premier league .

Now while we are not Chelsea admittedly ,
Exeter are a big side & we needed height in the defence .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

gshaw wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:31 pm

👍
Tbh I'd rather have some of those senior pros from last season than what we've brought in during the window, which says all you need to know about decent recruitment
Really
You'd rather Sam Ling Josh Coulson & James Alabi
Over Drinan James & Smith ?

Deluded !!
Orient till I die M
Fresh Alias

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:33 pm

Funny how Chelsea won the Europa league with 3 centre halves & the Premier league .

It’s funny how 3 centre backs is not 4 centre backs and we are not Chelsea who have world class attacking players getting them up the pitch with 2 wing backs, stop talking sh*t and admit we need change ASAP
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Anthem of Hope wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:35 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:25 pm
Anthem of Hope wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:17 pm

Remember the quality of football - all the aimless passing at the back - more like a five a side match

The board terminated his employment because he was not fit for the role

This season with a decimated team due to injuries ain’t the correct comparison to justify Ross termination

Ross was not allowed to build his own team
Which led to fans threatening non renewal of Season tickets .
Glad you agree with me .

Again KJ has had only 2 transfer windows &
As for a decimated squad ,
Again we are agreed .
I disagree with you I am not in agreement with you on this - do not misrepresent my posts
Well please make your argument crystal clear & not able to be challenged then !
That way I & everyone else will understand fully if you know what you are talking about or just regurgitating the spiteful
Bullsh*t started against Ross in his 1st game in charge against Cheltenham after the death of JE .
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Orient till I die M wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:36 pm

It’s funny how 3 centre backs is not 4 centre backs and we are not Chelsea who have world class attacking players getting them up the pitch with 2 wing backs, stop talking sh*t and admit we need change ASAP
Ivanovic center half as were Cahill & Terry

Ogie a left back replaced a centre back .

I did say we aren't Chelsea so maybe read & quote a post correctly .
Changing managers constantly has got us exactly where by the way in the last 7 or 8 years ?

3 Relegations & 1 promotion is where !

Who is it that needs to stop talking sh*t ?
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orient till I die M
Fresh Alias

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:43 pm
Orient till I die M wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:36 pm

Ivanovic center half as were Cahill & Terry

Ogie a left back replaced a centre back .

I did say we aren't Chelsea so maybe read & quote a post correctly .
Changing managers constantly has got us exactly where by the way in the last 7 or 8 years ?

3vrelegations & 1 promotion !

Who is it that needs to stop talking sh*t ?

Your a Wally
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:35 pm

👍
Really

Deluded !!
Turley ahead of Moss
Widdowson ahead of... no-one seeing as Wood has been ousted
Wright / Freeman ahead of Kyprianou / Young / Coleman / Brown

And yes I know the first two are currently injured before you say it :lol:
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Frogger wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:23 pm If it’s Ling sack him, if it’s KJ sack him. I would love to know what the thinking was on the last round of signings.

It baffles me and most fans what that window was all about. If we survive avoiding relegation (which I think we will, due to Oldham and Scunny being just a little bit worse than us) the chairman has to seriously take a look at the DoF role and the manager selection. Ling has got it wrong on all managerial appointments and if he has any say in transfers (not entirely sure he has with KJ running the shop) then he has to be shown the door. I feel though these signings are KJ choice. It could be down to budget and instructions on what the board are looking for but even if that was the case these players are sh1t and not good enough for Orient or any league 2 club.
Surely the window was about covering long term injuries to an already thin squad ?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

gshaw wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:46 pm

Really

Deluded !!
Turley ahead of Moss

Josh sideways Wright?
The bloke who left to go play with his telly brother ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Come on G , now you're pulling my plonker .
whittle76
Fresh Alias

Post by whittle76 »

TourDeO wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:57 pm I had high hopes for Jackett but baffled by his team selections and signings. Four centre halves, Kyprianou and Young (both national league standard) and Nouble up front. Ruel surely would be better. Oh well, on to Saturday….
Young has only played a few games and has shown some good touches, I would not put him the same bracket as Hector, who has had many chances and is national league standard.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

whittle76 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:51 pm
TourDeO wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:57 pm I had high hopes for Jackett but baffled by his team selections and signings. Four centre halves, Kyprianou and Young (both national league standard) and Nouble up front. Ruel surely would be better. Oh well, on to Saturday….
Young has only played a few games and has shown some good touches, I would not put him the same bracket as Hector, who has had many chances and is national league standard.
Young passed the ball out of play as many times if not more than he did to a player in a grey shirt. Unfortunately even those passes went to Kyrpianou who gave the ball away instead. Neither anywhere near ready for League 2 football right now and both should be doing their time in NL on loan to get first team ready.
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:49 pm

Really

Deluded !!
Turley ahead of Moss

Josh sideways Wright?
You know it's bad when you're looking at the midfield and wishing for someone who could at least hit one decent pass per game, see there can still be some fun in this after all :D
Last edited by gshaw on Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

gshaw wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:53 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:49 pm

Turley ahead of Moss

Josh sideways Wright?
You know it's bad when you're looking at the midfield and wishing for someone who could at least hit one decent pass per game, see there can still be some fun in this after all :D
You should try my tactic
Winding up the bed wetter
I laugh every time
;)
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

I'm not sure the players are that bad, we did alright early in the season until KJ decided to employ the dull tactics we've seen for the last few months.

I'd be happy to have someone in who just wants to play some attacking passing football.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

When Did KJ'S "DULL TACTICS " START EXACTLY ?