Braintree game.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Braintree game.

Post by Thor »

RBMarshall wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:12 pm Looks like the Braintree game has sold out.
So given their average home attendance is 667
Why can't we reconfigure the away section to hold a few more Orient fan's and still comply with any segregation requirements?
I know it's probably a lot of work for just a few more ticket sales but it would mean a lot to those fans and it would improve the atmosphere in the ground which is what we always hear the management and players going on about.
Failing that does anyone in those flats do airb&b? it's that desperate. 😁

I asked the very same question on the other board to both the podcast guys and the orient hour people so that Porter would be asked the question when he appeared on either show and it got ignored both times.

Still we wouldn't want to ask a proper question which would increase our sales and bring in more people for fear of upsetting Porter. This is why I am starting to think neither is worth listening to anymore, proper club stooges.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Whilst not generally one to defend the radio podcast thingys against claims of stoogery, I'm not sure this is the case here.

It's a perfectly reasonable question, can't see anyone taking offence at that.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

spen666 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:38 pm
RBMarshall wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:12 pm Looks like the Braintree game has sold out.
So given their average home attendance is 667
Why can't we reconfigure the away section to hold a few more Orient fan's and still comply with any segregation requirements?
I know it's probably a lot of work for just a few more ticket sales but it would mean a lot to those fans and it would improve the atmosphere in the ground which is what we always hear the management and players going on about.
Failing that does anyone in those flats do airb&b? it's that desperate. 😁
How do you propose the ground is segregated? The cost of works to segregate the fans, would included, probably need for extra/ segregated turnstiles, toilets, catering etc.

The cost is likely to be far more than the extra income the club would obtain from selling the extra seats made available..
"Well, what I actually said was..."
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

This is going to be interesting. Hats and judicial wigs will be doffed if he can get himself off of this one.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Court must still be adjourned while legalities are looked into .
🤣
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

I reckon he's currently trying to nobble the jury.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:08 pm
Top of the West. wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:22 pm They have done what I suspected and given Braintree a small area in the South east corner with no segregation in the bar and toilet area but with extra stewards on duty. We have given them 317 seat which will probably 150 too many.
Does the league set down a minimum entitlement for away fans at all?
Not thar I'm aware of, as some clubs struggle to take more than a couple of dozen to longer away games hardly seems worthwhile.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:08 pm
Top of the West. wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:22 pm They have done what I suspected and given Braintree a small area in the South east corner with no segregation in the bar and toilet area but with extra stewards on duty. We have given them 317 seat which will probably 150 too many.
Does the league set down a minimum entitlement for away fans at all?
Is this similar to the minimum drinking entitlement enforced at all Glasgow boozers?