Josh Wright

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Redcard
Fresh Alias

Re: Josh Wright

Post by Redcard »

Wasn’t anything special when he was here and the Bradford fans are scathing of him. Not one positive comment.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

Wasn't a fan when he was here and probably L2 standard these days plus will turn 30 in a few months. Would have thought there were better and younger options available.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Redcard wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:48 pm Wasn’t anything special when he was here and the Bradford fans are scathing of him. Not one positive comment.
Like a recurring dream right
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Really don't rate him. makes short sideway passes, doesn't get stuck in and can't dribble. Just a pretty fake tan Essex boy. Awful family too
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

aylesburyos wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:27 am Really don't rate him. makes short sideway passes, doesn't get stuck in and can't dribble. Just a pretty fake tan Essex boy. Awful family too
So if somebody had offered us John Terry in his prime wages no object you wouldn't have taken him either?
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

I don't like JTerry either. Disrespectful to Americans after 911 and stole Wayne Bridge's partner. Terry did get stuck him though and was a good player
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Imagine not wanting a good player at your club because they were 'disrespectful' to Americans :lol:
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I wouldnt feel overwhelmed with him signing because I still feel we need a Roman Vincelot type player in the middle.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

JimbO wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:32 am
aylesburyos wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:27 am Really don't rate him. makes short sideway passes, doesn't get stuck in and can't dribble. Just a pretty fake tan Essex boy. Awful family too
So if somebody had offered us John Terry in his prime wages no object you wouldn't have taken him either?
Whilst having an awful family isn't a reason not to sign a player, it could be used as one way of assessing the sort of character of player you're getting. JT is trouble and I bet Deano finds that out within the next 12 months.

Personally I wouldn't that sort of person in my squad but have to trust Justin's judgement on Wright - he actually knows the lad having worked with him. We just have the impression he gives off (which can be misleading) and his lacklustre performances last time around (obviously in a proper sh*tty working environment). In Just we trust.
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Thought he was okay last time around.
Far from spectacular and a bit lightweight, but never hid and always wanted the ball, unlike many in that desperate 14/15 season.

Even players who excelled the season prior had nightmares in the early Beelzebub era, and I think taking that into account, you'd have to say Wright did okay.
Was never one for the "get it forward" merchants, but I think under JE there's definitely a player in there. He didn't waste possession too often, that's for sure.
LOFC1948
Fresh Alias

Post by LOFC1948 »

Scuba Diver wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:48 pm Thought he was okay last time around.
Far from spectacular and a bit lightweight, but never hid and always wanted the ball, unlike many in that desperate 14/15 season.

Even players who excelled the season prior had nightmares in the early Beelzebub era, and I think taking that into account, you'd have to say Wright did okay.
Was never one for the "get it forward" merchants, but I think under JE there's definitely a player in there. He didn't waste possession too often, that's for sure.
Very fair assessment this - IMO 👍
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Suffered from the attention received from the idiots in the TJS.

Would be a decent recruit.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:31 pm Theres a lot of mis-remembering when it comes to Wright. Not quite sure where he got that bad reputation from but it proceeds him a bit.

He joined us in a horrible season, in a relegation battle and in a few games, almost single handedly pulled us up by the boot straps and got us something. Remember he scored a brace in a game at home (cant remember who) and the winner away at Coventry where he grafted all night, on a freezing Tuesday night.

He's a player who tidies up, can ping a long cross-field ball and chip in with some goals. As i say, clay v2. He's got a good experience above this league, he's local and a decent squad player. As i say, he cant be our only midfield signing though.
Remember that Coventry game, he played well for the team, That was the game that convinced me we would stay up, then Bechetti stepped in again.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Yeah, remember getting on the supporters coach and everyone pretty much agreeing that we’d be alright.

Didn’t get another point did we?
Joe_Mayo
Fresh Alias

Post by Joe_Mayo »

Not a fan and I've been watching him since his youth at Charlton. His style of play is to safely knit play together but he's not really a ball winner, not one to get forward or drive the team forward and is a master of the safe sideways pass.
If JE feels he's a player worth having and that he can get the best out of him then who am I to argue.
point nine one eight
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by point nine one eight »

Disoriented wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:00 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:23 pm So what sort of midfielder is he? I remember him as a Lloyd James type.
Really? Nothing of the sort.
So what sort was he then
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

point nine one eight wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:46 am
Disoriented wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:00 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:23 pm So what sort of midfielder is he? I remember him as a Lloyd James type.
Really? Nothing of the sort.
So what sort was he then
A Josh Wright sort.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Classic non answer
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

I will answer that. He is the sort of player who rarely makes the sort of mistakes as seen by England last night, but you would only notice he was playing if it was announced he was being substituted. My view is he never influenced a game at either end of the pitch , but most damming are the comments on the Bradford fans forum where they were united in wishing him good riddance. If we do sign him I hope he rams my comments down my throat.
LeytonOstone
Fresh Alias

Post by LeytonOstone »

All I remember him for was his sideways passes. Doesn't stick in my memory for much else to be honest.
Rambling Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Rambling Man »

I dont know why we don’t get that Christian Eriksen down here.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

He does nothing. You would not know he was on the pitch
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Redcard wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:34 am I will answer that. He is the sort of player who rarely makes the sort of mistakes as seen by England last night, but you would only notice he was playing if it was announced he was being substituted. My view is he never influenced a game at either end of the pitch , but most damming are the comments on the Bradford fans forum where they were united in wishing him good riddance. If we do sign him I hope he rams my comments down my throat.
Link? I thought he was loved every where he went?
Blackadder
Fresh Alias

Post by Blackadder »

Very much the same kind of player as Matthew Spring, mainly sideways passes. What we do need, urgently, is midfield players
of the quality of Romain Vancelot and Craig Easton. Those guys could drive a team forward and score a decent amount of goals.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Blackadder wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:46 pm Very much the same kind of player as Matthew Spring, mainly sideways passes. What we do need, urgently, is midfield players
of the quality of Romain Vancelot and Craig Easton. Those guys could drive a team forward and score a decent amount of goals.
Am sick to death with negative players that play sideways and back, what we need is a quality attacking midfielder.
Exciting attacking midfielders will get the season ticket numbers flying.Boring,negative side ways and back passing players will keep people away