The hypocrisy of the moderators

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: The hypocrisy of the moderators

Post by Fanny »

Admin wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:48 am
Huxley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:42 am
Admin wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:50 am Didn't see you complaining much about how this lightly this place is moderated after being let back on here after perma bans under your previous usernames Esteban / Buckingham etc etc.
If you had conclusive proof that I have other accounts on here you would have banned me ages ago. You don’t, because I don’t.

Your extreme defensiveness on this thread proves my initial point nicely. Thank you.
We have conclusive IP matches. Which is why I'm quite comfortable in saying who you are / were. You're allowed on here because quite frankly, we don't have the time or energy to keep going through the same nonsense of banning you weekly and then finding you've re-registered with another email / username. Quite happy to find the energy if you really want.
You have no proof that you have “conclusive IP matches”, and even if you did that doesn’t prove anything.

Why are you so incapable of accepting even a small bit of constructive criticism?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Huxley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:52 am
Huxley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:42 am

If you had conclusive proof that I have other accounts on here you would have banned me ages ago. You don’t, because I don’t.

Your extreme defensiveness on this thread proves my initial point nicely. Thank you.
We have conclusive IP matches. Which is why I'm quite comfortable in saying who you are / were. You're allowed on here because quite frankly, we don't have the time or energy to keep going through the same nonsense of banning you weekly and then finding you've re-registered with another email / username. Quite happy to find the energy if you really want.
You have no proof that you have “conclusive IP matches”, and even if you did that doesn’t prove anything.

Why are you so incapable of accepting even a small bit of constructive criticism?
Why are you so sure they have no proof? Do you have a VPN too?
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

Huxley, I don't normally resort to such base insults but....you seriously need to get a life, dude.
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

Max B Gold wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:54 am
Huxley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:52 am

Why are you so sure they have no proof? Do you have a VPN too?
Somebody saying “I have a conclusive IP match” is not proof. Equally he could say “I have £100m in the bank” and has as much proof for that claim as the IP match one.

And as pointed out, even if he did have an IP match, it proves nothing. It’s some redundant proxy for “alias” that the moderators of this board have tricked people who don’t really understand IP addresses into thinking is a conclusive way of detecting anything.

Basically, what this comes down to is the moderators trying to find a way of banning me which isn’t the real reason they want to ban me. The real reason being I have questioned how they moderate this board. Even they know banning someone for that alone will make them look incredibly petty so they are going down this nonsensical “you have other accounts” route.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

😴 💤💤😴
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Are these weird unknown accounts that keep popping up, causing arguments, having pops at the moderators, then disappearing all the same person or is it multiple people?
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Huxley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:05 am On a board they run a user was bullied and baited to the point where we became genuinely concerned about their well-being.

Rather than acknowledging that they have allowed the atmosphere which caused such a situation they go around throwing bans at people who ask genuine questions about how this place could be improved.

Then they have the audacity to claim the moral high ground by claiming that certain threads are “not the place” to ask these questions.

If I were moderating a message board which has resulted in people genuinely concerning for the welfare of another user (one which I’d tried to wind up in the past) id be ashamed of myself rather than trying to cover it up and deflecting attention to others.
Oh FFS. Have a word with yourself. If you don’t like it, go away. Participation isn’t compulsory, y’know.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Think lockdown 3.0 has robbed people of the last of their perspective and sanity. Noticed even in friends WhatsApp groups that people are getting more emotional/ ratty over the smallest things. Almost there until the pubs open again and real life nonsense can resume!
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

See below. I'm sure it's all a massive coincidence.
Attachments
Huxley1.png
Huxley1.png (29.5 KiB) Viewed 433 times
Huxley2.png
Huxley2.png (42.66 KiB) Viewed 433 times
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Now do everyone else
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:24 pm Now do everyone else
I was doing all of Candler's but have a meeting at 3.00 that I can't miss.

Should've seen the connection with you and Spen though. Can't believe we've missed it for so long.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Admin wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:27 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:24 pm Now do everyone else
I was doing all of Candler's but have a meeting at 3.00 that I can't miss.

Should've seen the connection with you and Spen though. Can't believe we've missed it for so long.
:D
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Pam and Spen was obvious.

You would never guess mine.
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

Doesn’t prove anything. As I said, you’re convincing
people who don’t understand IP addresses that this mean anything.

The lengths you’re going to because somebody criticised how you moderate this board is incredibly amusing and continues to prove my initial point.

You could have just gone “yeah, we will have a think about how we moderate this place in future”, instead you’ve gone on some obsessive pursuit to discredit me. The funniest part is that even if your proof amounted to anything it still wouldn’t negate my initial point about the shoddy standard of moderation on this board.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:13 pm Are these weird unknown accounts that keep popping up, causing arguments, having pops at the moderators, then disappearing all the same person or is it multiple people?
We are all one account. There are only 4 actual Boarders left and 2 of them are Mods.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Mistadobalina wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:19 pm Think lockdown 3.0 has robbed people of the last of their perspective and sanity. Noticed even in friends WhatsApp groups that people are getting more emotional/ ratty over the smallest things. Almost there until the pubs open again and real life nonsense can resume!
Yeah, I think it's safe to say we have badly missed punch ups in the street at closing time.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Huxley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:40 pm Doesn’t prove anything. As I said, you’re convincing

The lengths you’re going to because somebody criticised how you moderate this board is incredibly amusing and continues to prove my initial point.

You could have just gone “yeah, we will have a think about how we moderate this place in future”, instead you’ve gone on some obsessive pursuit to discredit me. The funniest part is that even if your proof amounted to anything it still wouldn’t negate my initial point about the shoddy standard of moderation on this board.
No, course it doesn't. 1500 + posts from the same IP address from a list of users all displaying the same characteristics is just a coincidence. You have benefitted from our "shoddy" moderating. Do you get the point now?

As for the rest of your post, you're just axe-grinding. Either move on from this subject or f*** off.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

If it helps, I think at lot of people would prefer if it was the f*** off option
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:22 pm If it helps, I think at lot of people would prefer if it was the f*** off option
Shall we have a poll?
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

Admin wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:05 pm
Huxley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:40 pm Doesn’t prove anything. As I said, you’re convincing

No, course it doesn't. 1500 + posts from the same IP address from a list of users all displaying the same characteristics is just a coincidence. You have benefitted from our "shoddy" moderating. Do you get the point now?

As for the rest of your post, you're just axe-grinding. Either move on from this subject or f*** off.
You’re misrepresenting what an IP address is. It isn’t a solid proof of indentity.

You’ve now gone down the “if you don’t like it F off route” which is basically an admission that your moderation is shoddy and your last line of defence is “like it or lump it”.

I shall leave this now as my point has been wonderfully proven.

1. The moderation of this board is terrible and the moderators throw a hissy fit when they get questioned

2. You have flimsy “proof” that I have multiple accounts, because the reality is that I don’t

Isn’t it hilarious that by far the most active you’ve been on this board is on a thread where someone politely and inoffensively questions the standard of moderation?

as I said, all it needed was a little bit of self reflection and to ask yourself “do we run this place in an acceptable way”. Instead you went down the route of hounding the one user who asked the question.
Last edited by Fanny on Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

Huxley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:05 am On a board they run a user was bullied and baited to the point where we became genuinely concerned about their well-being.

Rather than acknowledging that they have allowed the atmosphere which caused such a situation they go around throwing bans at people who ask genuine questions about how this place could be improved.

Then they have the audacity to claim the moral high ground by claiming that certain threads are “not the place” to ask these questions.

If I were moderating a message board which has resulted in people genuinely concerning for the welfare of another user (one which I’d tried to wind up in the past) id be ashamed of myself rather than trying to cover it up and deflecting attention to others.
I don't have answers. The way to improve things is for people to stop behaving like cnuts. But I've been waiting for that for decades and it don't look like it's gonna happen.
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

EH16 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:58 pm

I don't have answers. The way to improve things is for people to stop behaving like cnuts. But I've been waiting for that for decades and it don't look like it's gonna happen.
I think banning people who openly and directly call others Cs (not talking about you, but someone else from last week) would be a good start.

But the moderators don’t think that is worthy of a ban, but people questioning the standard of moderation is.

I suspect I will get a perma ban shortly for the crime of questioning how moderation is done here.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Huxley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:01 pm

I suspect I will get a perma ban shortly for the crime of questioning how moderation is done here.
Let's hope so. Cannot wait for your next alais.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Max B Gold wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:05 pm
Huxley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:01 pm

Let's hope so. Cannot wait for your next alais.
It's why I can't be arsed to bin him off. It's too much like hard work trying to keep him out of here.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Everyone knows it you - whoever you may be, although we could guess - without the IP confirmations.