Third Kit

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Third Kit

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Red_Army wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:46 am I'd be absolutely gutted if we released a braces kit with that rag on the front.
Innit
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Thor wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:34 am It would be a real shame if it's the braces kit, the best most iconic kit arguably in football. It would be an absolute waste if it's a 3rd kit when it should be the 1st and only kit in my opinion.
Tbf it's nowhere near as nice with a sponsor. If it were the third kit to use for two games then leaving a sponsor's logo off is more feasible. In which case it's worth having it as third kit instead of first in order to have a much better shirt available to buy.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Thor wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:34 am It would be a real shame if it's the braces kit, the best most iconic kit arguably in football. It would be an absolute waste if it's a 3rd kit when it should be the 1st and only kit in my opinion.
My favourite Orient kit of all time. For me the braces kit is iconic and is Orient. It’s right up there beside Celtic’s green hoops and Arsenal’s red body with white sleeves
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:21 am
My favourite Orient kit of all time. For me the braces kit is iconic and is Orient. It’s right up there beside Celtic’s green hoops and Arsenal’s red body with white sleeves
We only wore it for 3 or 4 years and it was brought back in the 00's. Iconic? We are a club who have had our main shirt as red, white and blue. Very flippy floppy.
Throoou The Netting!
Fresh Alias

Post by Throoou The Netting! »

When Adidas took over from Admiral supplying the Braces kit to the O's, the Club added the logo of it's first ever sponsor to the shirt - E&O Paper
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

2:30PM!!!

Just over 2 hours to go until we're all bitterly disappointed. :D
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

plain white top with black trim. bit of a letdown
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

The creativity at the club continues to blow my mind
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

As vanilla as could be. Shame. I'll give it a miss and go for the blue instead.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

What were they thinking bigging this up and saying people would love it? :lol:
eagwgw
Fresh Alias

Post by eagwgw »

Cos it didn't have the tractor marks on it. From that point of view it's probably the nicest IMO, then the blue.

But it's plain as.... Don't see why any of the points I mentioned earlier in this thread could not have been actioned. One match being sponsored by the JE foundation could not have hurt.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

eagwgw wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:58 pm Cos it didn't have the tractor marks on it. From that point of view it's probably the nicest IMO, then the blue.

But it's plain as.... Don't see why any of the points I mentioned earlier in this thread could not have been actioned. One match being sponsored by the JE foundation could not have hurt.
It would have hurt the clubs coffers and thats all that matters with Macklin.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Its plain, but at least it hasnt got the tractor marks, and at least it isnt blue!
I hope the lads wear it in some games.....it might make them think theyre Real Madrid
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

Looks all white to me.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

How dull still saves me 40 odd quid I suppose. I'm not quite sure how you can give it the big sell with a plain white kit. At least the other two had something different about them whether you love or loathe the tractor marks.
Last edited by JimbO on Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:17 pm Its plain, but at least it hasnt got the tractor marks, and at least it isnt blue!
I hope the lads wear it in some games.....it might make them think theyre Real Madrid
Reminds me more of Port Vale. Though to be fair, I'd settle for us playing like them too.
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

Meh. Add black shorts and we could Bromley.

The shield round the badge looks worse every time I see it.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Yet real Madrid have one of the best and endearing kits and that's all white and people love it. We do it and it gets slaughtered.

I like it, can't stand the home kit, the blue is better, but white is nice.

Bring back the braces, that's what I'm saying.
Article_50
Fresh Alias

Post by Article_50 »

White, a very appropriate colour at present.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Article_50 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:45 pm White, a very appropriate colour at present.
Quite, and like our performances it’s uninspiring.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

The club says the braces kit is one of the fondest remembered shirts in the clubs history.

Err, no it's the best kit we've ever had and its rated as one of the most iconic kits ever made, full stop.

Next season the main kit has to be the braces, if Macklin makes it I guarantee it will be the biggest selling kit we've had in years. A financial success awaits. Do the right thing Danny boy.

Keep turning out tractor inspired rubbish and sales will nose dive.

As I said above I like the white kit.
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

If we were to revert to the Red Braces (I like, I like), then we'd have a ready made striker and penalty taker … Lord Peter!
Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Post by Fellowo »

Thor wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:10 pm The club says the braces kit is one of the fondest remembered shirts in the clubs history.

Err, no it's the best kit we've ever had and its rated as one of the most iconic kits ever made, full stop.

Next season the main kit has to be the braces, if Macklin makes it I guarantee it will be the biggest selling kit we've had in years. A financial success awaits. Do the right thing Danny boy.

100% agree with you, it really would fly off the shelves as would appeal to young and old.

What Danny will tell you (and what Matt Porter mentioned previously) is that the club would have to guarantee that a certain amount were sold for a manufacturer like New Balance, Nike, etc to create a bespoke kit and the club simply wouldn't risk it as no doubt the club would have to pay the surplus should it not hit the target. In fact the target might even be beyond what Orient would sell so might be a non starter.

The only other option is to go with a lesser known manufacturer that is happy just to get sales and create the kit we wanted (what Hearn done for a few years), but then quality could be compromised.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Fellowo wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:43 pm
Thor wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:10 pm The club says the braces kit is one of the fondest remembered shirts in the clubs history.

100% agree with you, it really would fly off the shelves as would appeal to young and old.

What Danny will tell you (and what Matt Porter mentioned previously) is that the club would have to guarantee that a certain amount were sold for a manufacturer like New Balance, Nike, etc to create a bespoke kit and the club simply wouldn't risk it as no doubt the club would have to pay the surplus should it not hit the target. In fact the target might even be beyond what Orient would sell so might be a non starter.

The only other option is to go with a lesser known manufacturer that is happy just to get sales and create the kit we wanted (what Hearn done for a few years), but then quality could be compromised.
Bespoke kit. ? What other clubs have our tyre print design shirts
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

RedO wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:09 pm 2:30PM!!!

Just over 2 hours to go until we're all bitterly disappointed. :D
Called it.