Soulless Stadium last night

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Soulless Stadium last night

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Yes, but pre Hearn Brisbane road, not in a hundred years.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

OyinbO wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:53 pm Yeah, really surprised by the sour grapes upthread slating the stadium. It's not even a bad area either, you're literally 10 minutes from some lovely riverside drinking. The only thing I didn't really like is that it's West London and miles from anywhere truly civilised.

The typically unimaginative "you sold your soul, for this ****hole" chant from some Orient fans last night begs the question - what would their price be? Because you can be sure that most of them would snap their Grandma's hands off for something similar and Premier League football.
Same ones lapped Bechetti up when he was splashing the cash at the start too.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

BIGRON wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:22 pm I'd swap our stadium for one like that anytime .
Without Premiership or Championship football, I'd still snap your hand off.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

The west south and north stands aren't exactly exuding character are they. The one stand we have that feels like part of a proper football ground is also a crumbling mess.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

OyinbO wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:53 pm Yeah, really surprised by the sour grapes upthread slating the stadium. It's not even a bad area either, you're literally 10 minutes from some lovely riverside drinking. The only thing I didn't really like is that it's West London and miles from anywhere truly civilised.

The typically unimaginative "you sold your soul, for this ****hole" chant from some Orient fans last night begs the question - what would their price be? Because you can be sure that most of them would snap their Grandma's hands off for something similar and Premier League football.
Not sour grapes. PL is not every thing
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Not sure I liked the way they even searched our wallets coming into the stadium last night…………..mine is still empty having bought my season ticket a few months ago
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

BIGRON wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:22 pm I'd swap our stadium for one like that anytime .
Absolutely, no more housing estate constricting the ground and chance to increase our income and move up to the next level. No more money going into Hearn's pocket every season would be great as well.
BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:43 pm Same ones lapped Bechetti up when he was splashing the cash at the start too.
In a parallel universe somewhere there's a timeline where Bechetti comes into the club, provides millions in funding and leaves the football side alone apart from buying the players sharp Italian suits to arrive to games in.

Had that guy just left well alone on the football side he could've got all the adulation his ego desired. Still I guess crazy is as crazy does...