RATINGS

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: RATINGS

Post by Beradogs »

After the initial hoopla I am not entirely convinced about O’Neill. He faces up defenders but then doesnt have any tricks to get past them, more often than not he just passes the ball backwards again. He has some pace so even if he kicks and chases, it would be better than playing the easy option all the time.
North Stand Dave
Fresh Alias

Post by North Stand Dave »

RedDwarf just ignore that Eggski, tw*t it's that Lawrence goldTWAT bloke from Thailand who posts to get a reaction, he's obviously just woken up over there after his evening shift of being a Kathoey, he's on the Facebook supporters chat aswell slagging off Ollie Buck & others aswell.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:44 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:53 am Having reached the heights of mediocrity, it looks like the team has reverted back to being cack artists.

Never mind, it was good while it lasted.

Having seen Piggot at Carlisle my conclusion was he's not a striker. He didn't score that day and let's face it even Cureton scored at Carlisle. I know this, because I was there.
Max your back me old jock👍 let’s face it if you can’t beat Lincoln, Burton, Bristol, Rovers and Port Vale at home then you don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. Our home form this season hasn’t been the best in fact our away form has been better imo. Yes we’ve had horrendous injuries this season but we’ve also been a little Jekyll and Hyde. Let’s see if the board back Wellens (if he’s here)next season, personally I’m not holding my breath on that one. All very well given it Bertie big bananas like “we are going for it” and then sign two kids who haven’t played senior football and a player that’s banned for six games. Season was well and truly over at the end of the last window.
Cheers chimp""""yyyy.

I'm a bit behind on the new signings but didn't I skim read on a thread that the geezer with the 6 game ban has something of a chequered past and any self respecting Manager and Board would have avoided creating an uncomfortable situation by not touching him with a 20ft barge pole?
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Beradogs wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:33 pm After the initial hoopla I am not entirely convinced about O’Neill. He faces up defenders but then doesnt have any tricks to get past them, more often than not he just passes the ball backwards again. He has some pace so even if he kicks and chases, it would be better than playing the easy option all the time.
Ahhh the penny is dropping Dogs. I listened to the guy on the stream and pod cast they were all saying “we’re not going to have him long coz he’s to good “ what a load of bum. Like I said previously he’s a young kid learning his trade. Give him best part of a season then assess him. Not saying he won’t be good but please people let him settle. Yes your right he not as direct as Theo, he looks up more and plays it sideways or back keeping possession. He will have to work more on his feet but he is two footed so with a bit of coaching and experience that will come.
Last edited by Monkey Boy on Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

North Stand Dave wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:34 pm RedDwarf just ignore that Eggski, tw*t it's that Lawrence goldTWAT bloke from Thailand who posts to get a reaction, he's obviously just woken up over there after his evening shift of being a Kathoey, he's on the Facebook supporters chat aswell slagging off Ollie Buck & others aswell.
OK, cheers .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:37 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:53 am Having reached the heights of mediocrity, it looks like the team has reverted back to being cack artists.

Never mind, it was good while it lasted.

Having seen Piggot at Carlisle my conclusion was he's not a striker. He didn't score that day and let's face it even Cureton scored at Carlisle. I know this, because I was there.
Max your back me old jock👍 let’s face it if you can’t beat Lincoln, Burton, Bristol, Rovers and Port Vale at home then you don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. Our home form this season hasn’t been the best in fact our away form has been better imo. Yes we’ve had horrendous injuries this season but we’ve also been a little Jekyll and Hyde. Let’s see if the board back Wellens (if he’s here)next season, personally I’m not holding my breath on that one. All very well given it Bertie big bananas like “we are going for it” and then sign two kids who haven’t played senior football and a player that’s banned for six games. Season was well and truly over at the end of the last window.
Cheers chimp""""yyyy.

I'm a bit behind on the new signings but didn't I skim read on a thread that the geezer with the 6 game ban has something of a chequered past and any self respecting Manager and Board would have avoided creating an uncomfortable situation by not touching him with a 20ft barge pole?
TBH I don’t want to get involved to what he has done or hasn’t, I wasn’t there at the time so won’t comment on that but yes there is some controversy over him. My opinion is why sign a player that’s been banned for six games when we only have about ten left. Only this club? If we wanted CB then why not of tried to keep Turns or sign a half decent one before the end of the window? As much as this club has signed decent players they also make mighty big c—k ups. Nice to see you back👍
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

My understanding is one of the reasons is because Happe's contract is up in the Summer. if he leaves the club doesn't want to be left with only two CB's under contract . Simpson contract is until the end of the season with us having the option of extending it for another year . Therefore it remains to be seen if things work out or not . Time will tell .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:09 pm My understanding is one of the reasons is because Happe's contract is up in the Summer. if he leaves the club doesn't want to be left with only two CB's under contract . Simpson contract is until the end of the season with us having the option of extending it for another year . Therefore it remains to be seen if things work out or not . Time will tell .
Surly other clubs are in the same situation so why not arrange an early transfer when there contract comes to an end in June?
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:03 pm

Cheers chimp""""yyyy.

TBH I don’t want to get involved to what he has done or hasn’t, I wasn’t there at the time so won’t comment on that but yes there is some controversy over him. My opinion is why sign a player that’s been banned for six games when we only have about ten left. Only this club? If we wanted CB then why not of tried to keep Turns or sign a half decent one before the end of the window? As much as this club has signed decent players they also make mighty big c—k ups. Nice to see you back👍
Turns was sacrificed in order to afford to get Kelman in. The Kelman deal fell through so RW didn’t get his ‘senior striker’, ended up with two kids on loan and minus a CB.
Re Jack Simpson, it’s all about next season. We get a chance to see him in training and he’s eligible for the last 5 or 6 games. That should be sufficient to see if he’s worth having this season.
If we want to punch above our weight, perhaps these are the sort of deans we have to do. Not to everyone’s taste, personally I believe the guy deserves a chance, let’s see how he does.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

PKM wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:25 pm

Cheers chimp""""yyyy.

Turns was sacrificed in order to afford to get Kelman in. The Kelman deal fell through so RW didn’t get his ‘senior striker’, ended up with two kids on loan and minus a CB.
Re Jack Simpson, it’s all about next season. We get a chance to see him in training and he’s eligible for the last 5 or 6 games. That should be sufficient to see if he’s worth having this season.
If we want to punch above our weight, perhaps these are the sort of deans we have to do. Not to everyone’s taste, personally I believe the guy deserves a chance, let’s see how he does.
I'm not against giving errant soccer mouths a second chance if they have truly repented. Just not at Orient.

One of the most dedicated and active Anti-Fascists I ever knew was a convert from the far right.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Cheers chimp""""yyyy.

If what you say is correct then I for one am happy that deal never went through. Kelman is another Drinnan imo, runs around a lot with no end product. What we need is someone who knows where the goal is like a Hoskins. I only hope they don’t sign him in the summer even on a free.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Beradogs wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:33 pm After the initial hoopla I am not entirely convinced about O’Neill. He faces up defenders but then doesnt have any tricks to get past them, more often than not he just passes the ball backwards again. He has some pace so even if he kicks and chases, it would be better than playing the easy option all the time.
Brilliantly wrong.

Yes he’s hasn’t been great the last couple of games but he’s visibly knackered. That’s the reason he’s not going past players.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Cheers chimp""""yyyy.

In what universe is a 22 year old with less than 100 league appearances (the majority of which are on loan) a “senior striker”?

As for Simpson, I’d rather we didn’t have racists playing for our club full stop.
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

The Reverend wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:09 pm

In what universe is a 22 year old with less than 100 league appearances (the majority of which are on loan) a “senior striker”?

As for Simpson, I’d rather we didn’t have racists playing for our club full stop.
Well, wiki gives Kelman has 120+ appearances
Could be in the universe where Khayon Edwards and Dan Adu Adjei had precisely zero league appearances between them.
I would say that qualifies Kelman as bordering on ‘veteran ‘ status!
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

PKM wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:01 pm

Could be in the universe where Khayon Edwards and Dan Adu Adjei had precisely zero league appearances between them.
That is a fair point. I just find it hard to believe that Wellens went on that rant about signing players which required a dressing down from Travis over Charlie Kelman of all players.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

The Reverend wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:06 am
PKM wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:01 pm

That is a fair point. I just find it hard to believe that Wellens went on that rant about signing players which required a dressing down from Travis over Charlie Kelman of all players.
We’re assuming it was Kelman . We don’t actually know who it was or from where .
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

We don’t know it was Kelman. But we do know there were 2 strikers we were in for.

Not sure if the fact Kelman was still loaned out after our deal with him collapsed last minute makes it more or less likely that he was one of the targets.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Hoover Attack wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:58 am We don’t know it was Kelman. But we do know there were 2 strikers we were in for.

Not sure if the fact Kelman was still loaned out after our deal with him collapsed last minute makes it more or less likely that he was one of the targets.
PT was asked at the meet the manager night if the striker we were after was Kelman or Reid (of Stevenage fame). He ummed and erred and said it was one of them so draw your conclusions given Reid is still at Stevenage.

One thing to note if it was Kelman pressing the Barnsley players rather than Pigott in that game they wouldn't have had time to pick the long ball that Brynn missed for the equaliser.

The fact we missed out on a key signing just by being slow to act isn't up to the standards RW demands and that cannot be allowed to repeat itself in summer.