Moncur leaving in Jan window

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Re: Moncur leaving in Jan window

Post by Hoover Attack »

Greenwich Orient wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:38 pm For all the negativity around his fitness, I’d still say he’s one of our most gifted players in terms of ability on the ball. Such a shame he’s not been able to translate that into regular goal contributions as I had him down as another Sean Thornton when he joined us
Well yes.

Championship feet. Sunday league body.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Hopefully Orient B team down in Gillingham can take on another of our cast offs
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Greenwich Orient wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:38 pm For all the negativity around his fitness, I’d still say he’s one of our most gifted players in terms of ability on the ball. Such a shame he’s not been able to translate that into regular goal contributions as I had him down as another Sean Thornton when he joined us
He’s another Sean Thornton in that he’s wasting his talent.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Bit mad cos Moncur's got a championship medal and played more last season than most of us realised but I reckon in years to come more people will go more misty eyed over what Thornton did for us.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Stowaway wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:08 pm
If he was that good would a championship club got rid? Apart from the sicknotes we have signed over the last few seasons,he has to be the most disappointing acquisition we have made in regards to performances,I for one was expecting a lot more and I think Wellens did as well.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:23 pm
Stowaway wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:08 pm
If he was that good would a championship club got rid? Apart from the sicknotes we have signed over the last few seasons,he has to be the most disappointing acquisition we have made in regards to performances,I for one was expecting a lot more and I think Wellens did as well.
Well that was my point. He’s got the talent but he’s pissing it away by not keeping fit and generally being arsed. Like Thornton.