Ratings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Re: Ratings

Post by Hoover Attack »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:08 am
Beradogs wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:26 pm Brynn. 6. Gave away a penalty in the first minute. No chance with the goal. Nothing to do in the second half especially.
Happe. 7.MOM. Good solid game.
Cooper. 4. Has been find of the season but not today, he was awful. Gave away a silly free kick for their goal, gave away at least two other good opportunities. Looked like a different player.
Turns. 6. Didn’t do much wrong. The defence had it easy in the second half as Wigan looked a different side than the first 45 minutes.
James. 6. Steady if unspectacular.
Archibald. 7. Strange in that he had a great first half when Wigan dominated but a quiet second half when we had most of the ball. Did we change shape? As he seemed to drop deeper and deeper.
Brown. 6.5. We play better when he is the side.
El Miz. 6. Don’t want to be too harsh as he is still one of our better players but he’s definitely finding it tougher in league one. Not sure if it’s the fact he gets less time on the ball or we are under more pressure generally as a team. Probably a bit of both.
Ruel. 6. His pass set up the goal but didn’t do a whole lot else. I would like to see moncor have another chance and Ruel given a rest. Unlikely as RW loves him and to be fair, we need someone to score the goals.
Pigott. 5. Don’t really see the point of him. Doesn’t win nearly enough headers or tackles for the position he plays. Never looks like scoring.
Forde. 6.5. Good goal but then fluffed his chance to get a second.

Subs. Hunt. 5. Bottled a 50/50 with the keeper that could have resulted in a chance. Never thought he was that kind of player. Others 6

Wellens. 6. Average mark for an average performance. We looked like the only team that was going to win it second half without creating anything too threatening.

Wigan. 6. A day of sixes. They played some lovely stuff the first 45 minutes then completely went into their shell.

Ref. 6. Of course. Actually he gets a 4 as all he did was book our players and none of there’s.
Beradogs, your very perceptive in your assessment,you should consider going into scouting, your spot on. El Miz has found his level and that’s why Ipswich have loaned him out, (think every chance of signing him next season however (I think we need a box to box attacking midfielder instead)Brown has now taken over the central midfield role and is the stand out player imo. Theo was excellent and his crossing was good. Why there is no player on the far post at corners baffles me, so much for the set piece coach? When the ball bounces in the box there never seems to be an orient player on the end of it? Richie is learning about the the squad and division as we go forward. The top half of the league is different gravy to the bottom half and League two,vastly different imo. Three players need to be shipped out pronto, Moncu,Sweeney and Drinnan(what’s going on between him and Wellens) good ratings👍
El Miz has just turned 23. He's had one full season of football at L2 level. This is his first time playing L1 football regularly. And he looks more than adequate already. Of course he hasn't found his level yet.

Bera's ratings are as hit and miss as usual.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:20 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:08 am
Beradogs wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:26 pm Brynn. 6. Gave away a penalty in the first minute. No chance with the goal. Nothing to do in the second half especially.
Happe. 7.MOM. Good solid game.
Cooper. 4. Has been find of the season but not today, he was awful. Gave away a silly free kick for their goal, gave away at least two other good opportunities. Looked like a different player.
Turns. 6. Didn’t do much wrong. The defence had it easy in the second half as Wigan looked a different side than the first 45 minutes.
James. 6. Steady if unspectacular.
Archibald. 7. Strange in that he had a great first half when Wigan dominated but a quiet second half when we had most of the ball. Did we change shape? As he seemed to drop deeper and deeper.
Brown. 6.5. We play better when he is the side.
El Miz. 6. Don’t want to be too harsh as he is still one of our better players but he’s definitely finding it tougher in league one. Not sure if it’s the fact he gets less time on the ball or we are under more pressure generally as a team. Probably a bit of both.
Ruel. 6. His pass set up the goal but didn’t do a whole lot else. I would like to see moncor have another chance and Ruel given a rest. Unlikely as RW loves him and to be fair, we need someone to score the goals.
Pigott. 5. Don’t really see the point of him. Doesn’t win nearly enough headers or tackles for the position he plays. Never looks like scoring.

Subs. Hunt. 5. Bottled a 50/50 with the keeper that could have resulted in a chance. Never thought he was that kind of player. Others 6

Wellens. 6. Average mark for an average performance. We looked like the only team that was going to win it second half without creating anything too threatening.

Wigan. 6. A day of sixes. They played some lovely stuff the first 45 minutes then completely went into their shell.

Ref. 6. Of course. Actually he gets a 4 as all he did was book our players and none of there’s.
Beradogs, your very perceptive in your assessment,you should consider going into scouting, your spot on. El Miz has found his level and that’s why Ipswich have loaned him out, (think every chance of signing him next season however (I think we need a box to box attacking midfielder instead)Brown has now taken over the central midfield role and is the stand out player imo. Theo was excellent and his crossing was good. Why there is no player on the far post at corners baffles me, so much for the set piece coach? When the ball bounces in the box there never seems to be an orient player on the end of it? Richie is learning about the the squad and division as we go forward. The top half of the league is different gravy to the bottom half and League two,vastly different imo. Three players need to be shipped out pronto, Moncu,Sweeney and Drinnan(what’s going on between him and Wellens) good ratings👍
El Miz has just turned 23. He's had one full season of football at L2 level. This is his first time playing L1 football regularly. And he looks more than adequate already. Of course he hasn't found his level yet.

Bera's ratings are as hit and miss as usual.
You may have a point but the modern day clubs are looking for two main things in players and that’s pace and first touch and I don’t think El Miz enough has pace. He gets caught on the ball in recent games because he lacks it. Brown doesn’t have pace but knows where to put the ball before if and when he gets it,Miz doesn’t. As for Beradogs he gets more right than wrong imo.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

I do have a point.

Calling El Miz out for a lack of pace is nonsense. I'd put him toe to toe with anyone in our squad over any distance. The amount of times he covers ground to win balls he has no right to win shows that.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Think it's worth bearing in mind he's being asked to play a different role this season as well. Because of the way the midfield is set up, he's the only player talented enough to take up that role on the left of the two/three, but it's limiting him a little as he has doesn't have much of a left foot and is playing further up the pitch than he did last year.
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Mistadobalina wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:59 am Think it's worth bearing in mind he's being asked to play a different role this season as well. Because of the way the midfield is set up, he's the only player talented enough to take up that role on the left of the two/three, but it's limiting him a little as he has doesn't have much of a left foot and is playing further up the pitch than he did last year.
Not sure I buy playing on the left of the centre mid is an issue but yeah, he's absolutely playing a slightly further forward role, whether 2 or 3 in there. Last season, he was the deepest lying midfielder (most of the time), this season it's Brown (most of the time).

I'm sure both he and Richie are happy with how he's performing this season and continuing to develop.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

gshaw wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:52 pm
Beradogs wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:26 pm Ruel. 6. His pass set up the goal but didn’t do a whole lot else. I would like to see moncor have another chance and Ruel given a rest. Unlikely as RW loves him and to be fair, we need someone to score the goals.
Agyei the more likely to be coming for Sotiriou's spot once fit, can't see them giving up on Pigott just yet.

We need someone with a bit of aerial presence to put away the whipped deliveries into the box.
Ruel has been good for most of the season. Scored some vital goals
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Lifelongfan wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:46 am
Beradogs wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:26 pm Ruel. 6. His pass set up the goal but didn’t do a whole lot else. I would like to see moncor have another chance and Ruel given a rest. Unlikely as RW loves him and to be fair, we need someone to score the goals.
Agyei the more likely to be coming for Sotiriou's spot once fit, can't see them giving up on Pigott just yet.

We need someone with a bit of aerial presence to put away the whipped deliveries into the box.
Exactly . So far he's our only striker who knows where the goal is .
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Ruel was played on the right on Saturday. I thought he was ok, but it's clear he's so much better when on the left.

(Yes, I know what I just said about El Miz!)
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:12 am I do have a point.

Calling El Miz out for a lack of pace is nonsense. I'd put him toe to toe with anyone in our squad over any distance. The amount of times he covers ground to win balls he has no right to win shows that.
I disagree Miz doesn’t have the pace over ten yards to get away from players, I’m not calling Miz out as you seem to indicate I am? He has a good engine on him but quicker players in this division close him down, both him and Brown are good players but don’t possess the pace that is needed to support the forwards plus they both don’t score enough goals from midfield and that what we are lacking
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

Ok.

But you're wrong. There are very few players in the middle of midfield quicker than him.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Well, gshaw has been going on about Agyei for some time now. He's placing far too much expectation on the player. Nevertheless, i hope he's right about him, but the answer as to our lack of goals is more about just bringing in one striker. But of course gshaw is also hoping against hope that the player does come good and that Richie will sacrifice Sotiriou for him. He will then feel a sense of vindication for his constant opposition to Ruel.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Hoover Attack wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:49 am Ok.

But you're wrong. There are very few players in the middle of midfield quicker than him.
That’s my point Hoover Brown and Miz are fine but we do need more pace we just lack that goal threat from midfield,even Theo and Graham(when fit) don’t score enough. Personally I don’t like the formation we use, on Saturday James was getting murdered and Cooper was having to come out of position to support him and they were still getting tonked
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

But....... goal threats don't come from your CDMs.

But.......James wasn't getting murdered, he had a decent game up against their wide man. Wigan didn't play with strikers so our centre halves had to go out to shut down their 10s, which you can do with 3 of them.

Other than that, I totally agree with you mate.
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:49 am

Well, gshaw has been going on about Agyei for some time now. He's placing far too much expectation on the player. Nevertheless, i hope he's right about him, but the answer as to our lack of goals is more about just bringing in one striker. But of course gshaw is also hoping against hope that the player does come good and that Richie will sacrifice Sotiriou for him. He will then feel a sense of vindication for his constant opposition to Ruel.
Agyei achieved as much during his 10 min cameo on Saturday as Drinan has all season….
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

Pigott won more aerial battles than usual v. Wigan but then their centre half was not that tall
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

The Reverend wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:14 pm

Agyei achieved as much during his 10 min cameo on Saturday as Drinan has all season….
RW still gave Drinan a good after game report - he loves him
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Agyei is the one quality signing we've made for that attacking area so yeah a lot riding on him. More so by the club than me (just listen to Travis for evidence of that, he was hyping him up weeks ago). I'm in the same boat as what RW said on Saturday, got to be careful not to overload him too soon and risk another injury.

Sotiriou is a 1 in 4 or 5 type player imo. Will score a couple then go missing for a run of games. Someone put it well on here previously "how do you describe a player that scores a few but if he doesn't score the rest of his game is poor"

If we're aiming at the top half of the table we need more. Graham was looking like the kind of player quality wise, gutted the injuries came back to haunt him.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

gshaw wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:25 pm

Agyei is the one quality signing we've made for that attacking area so yeah a lot riding on him. More so by the club than me (just listen to Travis for evidence of that, he was hyping him up weeks ago). I'm in the same boat as what RW said on Saturday, got to be careful not to overload him too soon and risk another injury.

Sotiriou is a 1 in 4 or 5 type player imo. Will score a couple then go missing for a run of games. Someone put it well on here previously "how do you describe a player that scores a few but if he doesn't score the rest of his game is poor"

If we're aiming at the top half of the table we need more. Graham was looking like the kind of player quality wise, gutted the injuries came back to haunt him.
" If we're aiming at the top of the table we need more"

Mate, we'll be lucky not to be relegated.
We'll certainly be in a relegation dogfight. Have you seen how many points we are above the 4 th bottom team?
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Top half, I'm not that carried away to think we can get near the top :lol:

A couple of results in either direction can make a big swing, this winter period is going to be crucial.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:37 pm

We'll certainly be in a relegation dogfight. Have you seen how many points we are above the 4 th bottom team?
Quite right. At this moment in time it seems almost impossible to imagine us going a goal down and then winning the match. Yes, if we can't sort out this goal scoring problem we will be in a survival struggle.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:16 am
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:37 pm

Quite right. At this moment in time it seems almost impossible to imagine us going a goal down and then winning the match. Yes, if we can't sort out this goal scoring problem we will be in a survival struggle.
As soon as Graham was injured we were going to be in trouble. Virtually every chance made came from him, and without him, there would be hardly any chances made.
I want to see Ruel up front in every game..........he scores some goals, and is wasted playing deeper in the number 10 role. We dont seem to have a number 10 anymore, since Moncur is out of favour
Agyei despite playing as a winger for Crewe, seems to fancy himself as a number 9, and the 10 mins he played against Wigan, he seemed to be playing central.
We need a good winger, probably on loan, to replace Graham until next season when hopefully Graham will be fit again.
As ive already said in other posts, if we concede 2 goals, we will lose, and even if we concede 1 goal, we'll lose or draw most times.
I believe were in serious trouble
Hoover Attack
Regular
Regular

Post by Hoover Attack »

How have you not yet contributed to the sh*tting your pants thread?
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Well, that's contentious and probably the reason why he hasn't contributed to the thread. For example, does 'following through' constitute a sh--ting of one's pants or does it have to be an average sized log ?
Reflecto
Fresh Alias

Post by Reflecto »

We will be hoping there are at least 4 teams worse than us...