OFFICIAL: Lincoln game to be replayed

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: OFFICIAL: Lincoln game to be replayed

Post by Long slender neck »

Doubt it, but wouldnt be surprised to see another cheap ticket promotion.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Wally Banter wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:28 pm Irrelevant that it took two weeks to decide. But I can't imagine what the reason for replaying the whole game would be, versus finishing the final 10 minutes?
Because it would be pretty ludicrous to have Lincoln City players, managers and staff travel down, plus our players, management and staff turn up in E10, plus match officials, and any stadium staff needed to host a game, all the players to have their pre-match routine - meal, warm up etc - all just to play 10 minutes?

If it's just the last 10 minutes, how many spectators are going to bother? They might make original tickets valid, but I wouldn't be too sure - so in that case, they won't sell many new tickets for just 10 minutes.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

The Reverend wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:10 pm Don’t really agree with the decision myself but so be it. A more pertinent question now is what is the situation will be with ticketing. Original tickets valid for the replay you’d assume.
Yeah, it will cost both clubs a few quid
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:12 pm Doubt it, but wouldnt be surprised to see another cheap ticket promotion.
BOYCOTT!
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

StillSpike wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:14 pm
Wally Banter wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:28 pm Irrelevant that it took two weeks to decide. But I can't imagine what the reason for replaying the whole game would be, versus finishing the final 10 minutes?
Because it would be pretty ludicrous to have Lincoln City players, managers and staff travel down, plus our players, management and staff turn up in E10, plus match officials, and any stadium staff needed to host a game, all the players to have their pre-match routine - meal, warm up etc - all just to play 10 minutes?

If it's just the last 10 minutes, how many spectators are going to bother? They might make original tickets valid, but I wouldn't be too sure - so in that case, they won't sell many new tickets for just 10 minutes.
Do it behind closed doors, both clubs allowed to stream the rest of the game and make it available for free, EFL foot the bill for Lincoln's travel associated expenses. Easy.
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

They’ve done so in other countries, haven’t they? And it could be played behind closed doors.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Classic Devlin
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

If Lincoln are winning with 6 minutes to go we get the game abandoned again, maybe a floodlight failure or something similar.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:38 pm

Do it behind closed doors, both clubs allowed to stream the rest of the game and make it available for free, EFL foot the bill for Lincoln's travel associated expenses. Easy.
This is the kind of sensible, rational thinking that just doesn't exist in the ivory towers of the EFL. It never ceases to amaze me just how out of touch they are with fans of the game. When both clubs' fans don't agree with the decision you know something is wrong.
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Does anyone know what happened to the 2 supporters that ran on to the pitch? Hopefully there was no action taken against them.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

Wrong decision. We should have won the game. I wouldn`t have any problems if this had happened at Cincil Bank and they were leading with a few minutes to go.
leebmx
Fresh Alias

Post by leebmx »

gshaw wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:30 pm

This is the kind of sensible, rational thinking that just doesn't exist in the ivory towers of the EFL. It never ceases to amaze me just how out of touch they are with fans of the game. When both clubs' fans don't agree with the decision you know something is wrong.
Exactly this.
No reason this can’t be done.
Fairest approach in a sporting sense. Although the fairest approach emotionally would have been for Lincoln to concede. It is what I would have wanted us to do in the reverse circumstances.
Can’t see how making both teams fit in an extra game at a potentially crucial time in the season is fair.
CEB
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

Surely the family of the man who died should foot the bill?
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

CEB wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:09 pm

Surely the family of the man who died should foot the bill?
Such a callous comment. His family could be reading this.
DissOppointed
Fresh Alias

Post by DissOppointed »

What an awful comment to make
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Bergen wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:48 pm Wrong decision. We should have won the game. I wouldn`t have any problems if this had happened at Cincil Bank and they were leading with a few minutes to go.
Correct. I wouldn’t have any problem with that either. Then again we know that the EFL have no integrity
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

DissOppointed wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:34 pm What an awful comment to make
Indeed. That’s the comment on here for a long time .
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

The next BIG question is when will it be played? We've got a Tuesday game next week, then possible FA Cup replays coming up in November & December. RW will fume that we've got to fit in another 90 mins of footy when every other L1 team is having a full week off. At least it's at home. Lincoln will have an 8-ish hour return journey.

And I can't see the game's original tickets being allowed to be valid (except for season ticket holders). As someone has said, maybe cheap ticket promotion. Poor Joe Pigott, his goal scratched off.
DissOppointed
Fresh Alias

Post by DissOppointed »

What an awful comment to make
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

EliotNes wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:51 pm The next BIG question is when will it be played? We've got a Tuesday game next week, then possible FA Cup replays coming up in November & December. RW will fume that we've got to fit in another 90 mins of footy when every other L1 team is having a full week off. At least it's at home. Lincoln will have an 8-ish hour return journey.

And I can't see the game's original tickets being allowed to be valid (except for season ticket holders). As someone has said, maybe cheap ticket promotion. Poor Joe Pigott, his goal scratched off.
We've actually played 1 more game than a lot of teams because of international call ups. Those teams have to fit 2 games in somehow
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:48 pm
DissOppointed wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:34 pm What an awful comment to make
Indeed. That’s the worst comment on here for a long time .
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

Matt Reynolds (on twitter): "We are devastated with this decision. Given the impact on the family, seeing the game being replayed is heartbreaking."
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Post by Tuffers#2 »

If it has to be replayed, can we do it quickly while Lincoln are so poor.
North Stand Dave
Fresh Alias

Post by North Stand Dave »

CEB what a sad attention individual you really are.
Let's hope nothing horrible like this happens in your family.
You should be ashamed of yourself, someone's dad, Grandad died you callous Muppet.
CEB
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Messageboard know-it-all

Post by CEB »

What are you offended by here?