One Day Travelcards

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Re: One Day Travelcards

Post by Tuffers#2 »

KenleyO wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:59 pm An Oyster card is no cheaper than contactless so why bother
You think. I'm off to work in 10 mins, I'll show all my colleagues at work (TFL) what you've said ;)
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

Don't railcards work with Oyster?
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

KenleyO wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:59 pm An Oyster card is no cheaper than contactless so why bother
Probably not suitable in your case, but I have my Senior railcard associated to my Oyster card, giving me one third off off peak tube travel, I can't do this with contactless.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Real Al wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:41 pm Don't railcards work with Oyster?
Some, but not friends and family.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Can everyone stop coming up with helpful solutions that are already in existence and just tow the line that Sadiq Khan = bad?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

It's incredible just how much people have been brainwashed into thinking he is at fault for.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Real Fans dont live so far away and get into this sort of mess.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Dunners wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:06 pm It's incredible just how much people have been brainwashed into thinking he is at fault for.
Have to say, the Govt and their supporters have done a sterling job in making sure huge swathes of people blame him for stuff they're responsible for.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Hmm, wonder what it is about him that these people dont like?
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

Dunners wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:06 pm It's incredible just how much people have been brainwashed into thinking he is at fault for.
Incredible just how much people have been brainwashed into believing his dubious reports about benefits of ULEZ. Most people are seeing their once free flowing roads snarled up with traffic through ‘ calming measures ‘ and restrictions. A complete money making exercise. Meanwhile The Mayor and entourage clock up thousands of air mikes whilst on a jolly up to the states talking about his detested ULEZ, whist knife crime is at a record high in the City he supposed to be managing.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:14 pm
Incredible just how much people have been brainwashed into believing his dubious reports about benefits of ULEZ. Most people are seeing their once free flowing roads snarled up with traffic through ‘ calming measures ‘ and restrictions. A complete money making exercise. Meanwhile The Mayor and entourage clock up thousands of air mikes whilst on a jolly up to the states talking about his detested ULEZ, whist knife crime is at a record high in the City he supposed to be managing.
You don't half talk a lot of pish. Ever considered Boardin' isn't for you ?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Hmm, who to believe? Some guys on the socials or scientists? Its a tricky one.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Long slender neck wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm

The scientist reportedly got 800k for writing what they wanted, then of course there was this:

https://www.localgov.co.uk/City-Hall-ac ... LEZ-/57784
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Have you actually read that?
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Long slender neck wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:41 pm Have you actually read that?
I read the fuller article in Sunday Papers and article above
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Long slender neck wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:41 pm Have you actually read that?
I read the fuller article in Sunday Papers and article above
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:57 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm

The scientist reportedly got 800k for writing what they wanted, then of course there was this:

https://www.localgov.co.uk/City-Hall-ac ... LEZ-/57784
You need to re read what Mr Kelly said :D
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

You need to read what Shirley Rodrigues said. Anyone receiving a million pound would write a favourable report.
Scientist will always have a different viewpoint on a topic and the Mayor plucked one flimsy study to inflict misery on millions. To cite 4000 people dying of car fumes is a fraction of those still dying as a result of smoking tobacco in public places.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:15 am You need to read what Shirley Rodrigues said. Anyone receiving a million pound would write a favourable report.
Scientist will always have a different viewpoint on a topic and the Mayor plucked one flimsy study to inflict misery on millions. To cite 4000 people dying of car fumes is a fraction of those still dying as a result of smoking tobacco in public places.
She said nothing in the article you shared other than what some emais said supposedly.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

How do traffic calming measures make money?
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Joe315 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:14 am
Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:15 am You need to read what Shirley Rodrigues said. Anyone receiving a million pound would write a favourable report.
She said nothing in the article you shared other than what some emais said supposedly.
Well I mentioned that I’d read various other sources on subject. I’ll try locate them later. She certainly approached Prof Kelly.
ChorizO
Fresh Alias

Post by ChorizO »

KenleyO wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:00 pm You really are a juvenille lot aren't you. I live in Zone 6 and to get to Leyton and have to go via zone 1, unless I want a 45 minute detour.
Keep trying Kenny.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:03 am
Joe315 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:14 am
Well I mentioned that I’d read various other sources on subject. I’ll try locate them later. She certainly approached Prof Kelly.
Other sources by paid writers ?
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Proposition Joe wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:25 am How do traffic calming measures make money?
ULEZ generates over 300 million a year

Traffic camera enforcing speed , no entry, red routes , bus lanes etc several millions a year.

I would rather have proper policing as there are those out there who break the law no matter how many cameras are out there.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Loin Cloth Lenny wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:53 am
Proposition Joe wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:25 am How do traffic calming measures make money?
ULEZ generates over 300 million a year

Traffic camera enforcing speed , no entry, red routes , bus lanes etc several millions a year.

I would rather have proper policing as there are those out there who break the law no matter how many cameras are out there.
ULEZ isn't traffic calming. You said traffic calming was part of a money making exercise. Please answer the question and advise how traffic calming measures make money. The streets where I live which have had one way systems put in place and flower boxes blocking certain exits, all installed by the local Borough Council, how does that make money for Sadiq Khan and the Mayor's Office?