Welles’s gone by Christmas!

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll
Awards: Tuffers

Re: Welles’s gone by Christmas!

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:21 pm
JimbO wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:14 am
cockhat wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:17 pm Something seriously wrong.
Here in lies all what's wrong with Modern football fans. Can't seem to grasp that their team might struggle when going up a league and starts calling for the managers head almost straight away.
It's not just about losing matches It's about our appalling record of yellow and red cards (manager &assistant included) and a seemingly breakdown of discipline which you can't seem to grasp.
Arent new players allowed time to gel ?
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

The players haven't gelled yet - I'd forgotten all about that possibility.
blindpew
Fresh Alias

Post by blindpew »

No it's about losing games!

Currently I'd be surprised if we managed 6 points from the next 30 available. On this form RW doesn't deserve to be there by November.

His time at Doncaster went much the same way, blighted by injuries, lack of potency in front of goal and a smaller budget than clubs we'd expect to be able to compete with.

6 wins in the last 18 games excluding friendlies ( much worse if you include pre-season).

Did well last season is not a reality position for this one. Division one is looking far too good for us in defence and attack, at the moment anyway. fast & vast improvement needed to secure RW his long term future here
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Come now. If anybody deserves more time, he does.
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

You are off your rocker sunshine.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Here in lies all what's wrong with Modern football fans. Can't seem to grasp that their team might struggle when going up a league and starts calling for the managers head almost straight away.
It's not just about losing matches It's about our appalling record of yellow and red cards (manager &assistant included) and a seemingly breakdown of discipline which you can't seem to grasp.
Whilst I do agree about the cards chief it is all about winning and results I’m afraid to say. Not going to bang on why I’ve slightly changed my mind about Wellens but I have my reasons and it’s not just the bad start,I’m getting the same feeling as I did with jacket and I was right about that unfortunately, but I really hope I’m wrong.🙊
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:53 am

Whilst I do agree about the cards chief it is all about winning and results I’m afraid to say. Not going to bang on why I’ve slightly changed my mind about Wellens but I have my reasons and it’s not just the bad start,I’m getting the same feeling as I did with jacket and I was right about that unfortunately, but I really hope I’m wrong.🙊
If you are getting the same sort of feeling about Wellens as you did Jackett then thats not a slight change of mind....

They are poles apart IMO and the spirit in the squad it totally different.
WhetstoneO
Fresh Alias

Post by WhetstoneO »

Is it all about winning and results though, short term? This club needs stability right now and Wellens is building something which could be very special. Players want to join the club because of him, they want to play for him and play the style he believes in, Nigel has said loads of times his man management is off the scale and he could work in any organisation, look at that fantastic idea to get the player's families to record messages for them before the Crewe game.
So we haven't started the season in a higher division well resultswise but some of the football has been excellent, losing Ageyi is a season defining moment, he was the big summer signing and Smyth replacement. I do t think you can underestimate the impact of him being unavailable for half the season.
The only way Wellens will leave us is for the Championship and enjoy him while we've got him, he's different gravy and then some
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

LittleMate wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:21 am
If you are getting the same sort of feeling about Wellens as you did Jackett then thats not a slight change of mind....

Yes your correct they are poles apart, but that’s the problem. There is no middle ground. Jacket.. long ball relying on his past glory so to speak. Wellens ball playing new manager believes in his new ideas. What you need is a manager that doesn’t believe he’s right all the time and learns to adapt to different styles, opposition and formations. Wellens has gone down the passing route,basically filled the squad with those sort of players, which is fine if your coming up against those sort of teams. We’re not. We haven’t signed a commanding centre back, a really rough midfield player who gets stuck in and most importantly a really good centre forward. I think he is a good manager but think he gets carried away with his success sometimes which could eventually be his downfall. There are more reasons but I can’t stand the abuse I get sometimes I’d rather play golf. Again your right they are poles apart but imo to far apart 🙊
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Joe315 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:21 pm

What's stamping on an opponent got to do with gelling as a team ? ( Brandon Cooper on McMacauley Bonne last Tuesday night .)
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:49 am
What's stamping on an opponent got to do with gelling as a team ? ( Brandon Cooper on McMacauley Bonne last Tuesday night .)
Call that a stamp ?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:46 am
LittleMate wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:21 am

Yes your correct they are poles apart, but that’s the problem. There is no middle ground. Jacket.. long ball relying on his past glory so to speak. Wellens ball playing new manager believes in his new ideas. What you need is a manager that doesn’t believe he’s right all the time and learns to adapt to different styles, opposition and formations. Wellens has gone down the passing route,basically filled the squad with those sort of players, which is fine if your coming up against those sort of teams. We’re not. We haven’t signed a commanding centre back, a really rough midfield player who gets stuck in and most importantly a really good centre forward. I think he is a good manager but think he gets carried away with his success sometimes which could eventually be his downfall. There are more reasons but I can’t stand the abuse I get sometimes I’d rather play golf. Again your right they are poles apart but imo to far apart 🙊
You're totally right about the centre back position . I've haven't seen Brandon Cooper play yet . Apart from stamping on opponents could he be that type of centre back ? Max Sanders. could become the type of midfielder you're talking about but I haven't seen enough of him yet to be sure . As for the strikers , I'll hold my hands up and say I don't like Pigott . I don't expect him to score in every game but at least rattle the bloody opposition defenders about !. It's just his overall play which looks poor going by what I've seen so far . He reminds me as a poor version of Harry Smith but at least Smith could make his presence felt . I won't be mentioning Pigott again because it would be pointless but keep an eye on him . However I hope he can prove me wrong and start influencing games because after all he's supposed to be our number 9 .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Joe315 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:02 am

Call that a stamp ?
It doesn't matter what I call it . It's what the referee calls it that counts
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:13 am

Call that a stamp ?
Why ask that question then. If your feelings are easily triggered then Football might not be for you.
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

So last week, some on were saying we'd be promoted again (after the Cambridge game), and this week, some are saying the manager has lost it and a change will be needed.

Some balance required to both of these statements, I feel.

Exaggeration, is known to be the preserve of those with a limited intelligence quotient. "Everything" is extreme - there's no middle ground- we're either getting promoted or relegated. We're either awesome or dogs***.

Some on here should have a word with themselves and stop behaving like infants.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Joe315 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:35 am

Call that a stamp ?
Why ask that question then. If your feelings are easily triggered then Football might not be for you.
I’m not triggered. I’m merely pointing out a fact
BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Post by BigDaddyO »

6 games into a season in a higher division and people on here are already moaning?

Beggars belief.

Let's just sack every manager after we lose 3 games in a row, yeah? Great model for success that.

Sure it's frustrating to be losing games but some of you need to get a grip on reality.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Scuba Diver wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:53 pm So last week, some on were saying we'd be promoted again (after the Cambridge game), and this week, some are saying the manager has lost it and a change will be needed.

Exaggeration, is known to be the preserve of those with a limited intelligence quotient. "Everything" is extreme - there's no middle ground- we're either getting promoted or relegated. We're either awesome or dogs***.

Yes, and I think it's fair do's that our manager should also have a word with himself about the sudden loss of discipline around the place at the moment of which he is part of.

...and it's not 'awsome or dogs s---' in my book, that's you saying that. As someone else said on here, praise when you're winning, criticism when everything is going badly wrong. Normal not extreme.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Maybe a slight misunderstanding here monkey. I didn't mean that it's not so important if we lose. Of course it's all about results.
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:56 pm

What fact ? That it takes a little time for 11 new playes to gel with the others ?
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:32 pm
Scuba Diver wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:53 pm So last week, some on were saying we'd be promoted again (after the Cambridge game), and this week, some are saying the manager has lost it and a change will be needed.

Yes, and I think it's fair do's that our manager should also have a word with himself about the sudden loss of discipline around the place at the moment of which he is part of.

...and it's not 'awsome or dogs s---' in my book, that's you saying that. As someone else said on here, praise when you're winning, criticism when everything is going badly wrong. Normal not extreme.
Criticsm is " Wellens gone by christmas " ?
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Who's Welle's ?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Joe315 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:49 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:56 pm

What fact ? That it takes a little time for 11 new playes to gel with the others ?
[/quote
Ok then you tell me, what’s the connection with being sent off and gelling with other players?
Tuffers#2
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Tuffers#2 »

I was responding to the "losing matches" part of the quote. Nothing else. If you want to argue over something else feel free Big Dog.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:39 pm
Maybe a slight misunderstanding here monkey. I didn't mean that it's not so important if we lose. Of course it's all about results.
No problem chief I’ve had worst misunderstandings 🙄🙊