Global Boiling

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Orientinoz
Fresh Alias

Re: Global Boiling

Post by Orientinoz »

If all you global warming zealots would just start using some aluminum foil on your bonces you will survive ... trust me... So many gullible people on one board... its unbelievable..
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Sorting this out is easy. We just need to decide on:

At what point in the Earth's history was everything just peachy (and why that point)?

How can we transition back to those conditions as quickly as possible?

How do we convince the Earth to maintain those peachy conditions for ever and resist the temptation to change?

How do we compel the entire human population to accept shorter, miserable lifespans?

Work the problem people, work it.
3GO
Fresh Alias

Post by 3GO »

When the Thwaites glacier breaks down, sea level will rise by 10 feet. That should focus a few minds in Tokyo, New York, London etc

At some point we have to actively extract carbon from the atmosphere on a massive scale. It can be done, the technology exists already.

The next hundred years will be very scary I expect, with huge damage to the planet. I have a hunch humanity will sort things out eventually, but things are going to get messy that's for sure
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

3GO wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:14 am When the Thwaites glacier breaks down, sea level will rise by 10 feet. That should focus a few minds in Tokyo, New York, London etc

At some point we have to actively extract carbon from the atmosphere on a massive scale. It can be done, the technology exists already.

The next hundred years will be very scary I expect, with huge damage to the planet. I have a hunch humanity will sort things out eventually, but things are going to get messy that's for sure
Unfortunately I think you’re right. People like Orientinoz will never be convinced until their house is under water or in flames. Probably too late by that point, mind.

Watched Chris Packhams Earth recently (which I thought was great) and quite nice that the earth will survive and recover in time, as it always does but Humans will be wiped out. Not necessarily a bad thing. Unfortunately we are taking a lot of innocent life with us
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

And its got nothing to do with solar activity because .......?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Wouldnt scientists say if it was down to 'solar activity'?

Ps, whats solar activity?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

We've had clean energy for nearly 70 years . The problem is you've never going to get it because once you have the device it would be free at source. It's called Zero point energy . Imagine that , no more burning of fossil fuels , nuclear or cobblers like solar or wind power .
oxo
Fresh Alias

Post by oxo »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:29 am

We've had clean energy for nearly 70 years . The problem is you've never going to get it because once you have the device it would be free at source. It's called Zero point energy . Imagine that , no more burning of fossil fuels , nuclear or cobblers like solar or wind power .
It hasn't even been established that zero point energy could theoretically be extracted as a power source. As I understand it, the idea that energy fluctuations occur at absolute zero as a result of quantum uncertainty has been around for a century or so (i.e. since the dawn of quantum physics), but the claim that the technology has existed for years is definitely bogus.

Solar energy, wind energy, nuclear, by contrast, are proven sources of clean energy. The first is finally getting to the point where its efficiency renders it somewhat viable, the second is excellent and is mostly a problem politically and the third is also pretty good but offends some green types -- in fairness to them, the waste problem is real and serious, but its better than burning fossil fuels.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:58 am Humans will be wiped out. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Er, it is a bad thing. Especially if it happens on my watch.

But why the downer on humanity? We're not that bad. We've achieved incredible things in a relatively short period of existence. More than any other lifeform that we know about. And we could yet achieve many more incredible things. It's just that the passage of time is not always easy.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Frogger wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:18 pm Please could someone tell me how I afford to by an electric car, change my heating and feed my family. Blaming me for using gas, oil and buying GM foods is not my fault. Let companies provide realistic alternatives that are not £45k for a new car, unrealistic and not affordable solar panels, wind power etc. and fresh produce that is not 3 times as expensive.

I would happily change to all of the above if it was affordable. It’s not so I can’t.
Can pick up a second hand electric vehicle the same as any other motor - you don't have to buy a brand new Tesla (although people do, and I accept that's also part of the problem).
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

The nut job conspirator podder looks a lot like Bob Mortimer in the still on my screen, which is nice.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

StillSpike wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:33 am Personally, I think it's too late.

Our main job now is to ensure that those who are most responsible don't make it off planet (or underground) safely, and that they have to stay and suffer with our children. There'll be some dolts who'd still guard the launch pads as the last Arks take off, leaving them to their fiery fate, sadly. I hope they realise the depth of their shame before the end.

I really hope I'm not around to witness too much of what now seems inevitable.
Of course we won't take it out on them. Our ire will be firmly fixed on the billions of displaced trying to take our land space. If anything, those moving off planet will be hailed as martyrs, leaving to free up more space for us.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Nobody is going to be moving off planet.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Dunners wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:29 am Nobody is going to be moving off planet.
That's the spirit, comrade! I'll follow you to the launch pads and we'll tear them down together.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Dunners wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:09 am
Rich Tea Wellin wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:58 am Humans will be wiped out. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Er, it is a bad thing. Especially if it happens on my watch.

But why the downer on humanity? We're not that bad. We've achieved incredible things in a relatively short period of existence. More than any other lifeform that we know about. And we could yet achieve many more incredible things. It's just that the passage of time is not always easy.
I guess it’s better to burn out, than fade away, as they say
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

The Mindsweep wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:49 pm There was a report a few days back about the melting ice caps affect on the Gulf Stream. Bizzarely it could get colder in the UK and other parts of Northern Europe before the heat kicks in. So, those that survive freezing to death can look forward to the big burn
This was talked about in the 90's. They reckoned that the gulf stream would stop by 2010, if not before.

I think if you check every claim that has been made, non have happened. This is mainly because most models do not use actual data.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Dunners wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:12 am Sorting this out is easy. We just need to decide on:

At what point in the Earth's history was everything just peachy (and why that point)?

How can we transition back to those conditions as quickly as possible?

How do we convince the Earth to maintain those peachy conditions for ever and resist the temptation to change?

How do we compel the entire human population to accept shorter, miserable lifespans?

Work the problem people, work it.
That’s just the thing, the worlds climate has continually changed ever since its formation . The only difference now is we’re here to experience it. Anyway, experts think the world was warmer during the Jurassic period. Where was all the cars back then. ?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

For the next 5 months the plastic produced by the Global boilers cannot be recycled as there is no capacity to recycle it. It will accumulate in the rivers and seas along with the jobbies and wee wees.

The planet is becoming a sh*t'ole.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Frogger wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:20 pm What a cheerful thread.
They can’t moan about football so they’ll moan about something else. Bearing in mind were nearly in August and the temperatures recently are very low 20’s there is no evidence of global warming let alone boiling 😂😂
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

oxo wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:06 am

It hasn't even been established that zero point energy could theoretically be extracted as a power source. As I understand it, the idea that energy fluctuations occur at absolute zero as a result of quantum uncertainty has been around for a century or so (i.e. since the dawn of quantum physics), but the claim that the technology has existed for years is definitely bogus.

Solar energy, wind energy, nuclear, by contrast, are proven sources of clean energy. The first is finally getting to the point where its efficiency renders it somewhat viable, the second is excellent and is mostly a problem politically and the third is also pretty good but offends some green types -- in fairness to them, the waste problem is real and serious, but its better than burning fossil fuels.
Steven Greer claims and is adamant he has already held a Prototype. His interviews are very interesting. If you want to watch more there is plenty on YouTube
CEB

Post by CEB »

I’m adamant that I’ve got an even better prototype that comes in chrome, black or grey. Do you believe me too?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Climate modelling is notoriously difficult, as there are just too many variables. But the meta-analysis of most studies suggest that human activity will have an acceleration and/or amplification effect on the degree to which climate changes over a period of time.

The models will throw out a range of outcomes, from minor effect over a long time period to absolute carnage within just a few years. Vested interests like to promote the former and climate catastrophists doom scroll on the latter. I'm not trying to "middle ground" this. It's just that nobody actually knows what will happen.

But from an environmental point of view, the evidence is in front of us that we're turning the place into a sh*thole.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

CEB wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:59 pm I’m adamant that I’ve got an even better prototype that comes in chrome, black or grey. Do you believe me too?
You would need to watch his interviews.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Dunners wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:02 pm Climate modelling is notoriously difficult, as there are just too many variables. But the meta-analysis of most studies suggest that human activity will have an acceleration and/or amplification effect on the degree to which climate changes over a period of time.

The models will throw out a range of outcomes, from minor effect over a long time period to absolute carnage within just a few years. Vested interests like to promote the former and climate catastrophists doom scroll on the latter. I'm not trying to "middle ground" this. It's just that nobody actually knows what will happen.

But from an environmental point of view, the evidence is in front of us that we're turning the place into a sh*thole.
There is too much money to be made from fossil fuels. The people who could really make a difference don’t give a flying toss so long as they are making a profit.
Mickys Bullock
Fresh Alias

Post by Mickys Bullock »

It just shows the same propaganda that gets people injecting themselves with an experimental gene therapy will work on another topic, wow the sheep really are out in force today.

Because it comes out of the box in the corner or a corrupt government minister says so it must be true. Listen to Professor Tim Ball in his brilliant presentation amongst many others and critically think for a change https://duckduckgo.com/?q=professor+tim ... wm25OHGglk

This is another great listen and a podcast to challenge you overall

Up the O's