Ogie

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Ogie

Post by Stan1972 »

Last season I was confident watching Happe, Beckles, Turns bring the ball out of defence and start of the moves, I wouldn’t be so confident watching Ogie, always feel he has that mistake in him.
He got away with it v Charlton, too slow on the ball in our own box, I know it was only a pre-season friendly, but maybe that made RW mind up 🤷🏻‍♂️
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Thanks - it's 4 mins in Richie lays into Shad.

To be fair, I'd have the arseache if McCarthorse was getting picked ahead of me.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Cheers Biggsy.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

I thought he looked a decent player when playing on the left side of defence for KJ. Was one of our most consistent performers. RW obviously doesn’t fancy him. He’s been at the club long enough to have made a proper assessment.

Nevertheless I think Gillingham have got themselves a bargain. Good luck to him. I hope we don’t regret it.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

100k and 30% sell on fee is what I'd have been asking for if I was Lingy.
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

Shadrach Ogie blew it at our away game at Swindon, came forward with ball as usual, but continually ran into blind alley and couldn't see a pass in front of him, either passed back or lost possession upfield with him stranded out of position, was substituted by Ritchie, hardly played anymore after that.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Made to many mistakes it’s now Gillinghams problem now
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Wellens never had confidence in Ogie so this doesn’t surprise me at all. Played well in the three CB system Kenny Jackett employed and at 21 has the potential to develop if he can cut out some of the casualness that he was prone to. As the fee is “ undisclosed” it’s difficult to say whether the Gills or us got the best of the deal . Presumably we must have a replacement waiting to step in?
Equaliser0
Fresh Alias

Post by Equaliser0 »

MassiveForehead wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:17 pm Good player for league two level and would have been first choice last season had he not lost his head in the defeat to Northampton. Happe took his chance and pushed Ogie out to number three CB, and eventually number four.
Richie looked at Shad in a "kin hell" kind of way when shad completely lost his head away at Swindon season before last . Think that was the first sign Richie had no control over him .
Last edited by Equaliser0 on Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Assuming he can get his attitude and work ethic right I think he’ll be a really good player. Shame it couldn’t work out here and I assume we had to get rid to afford a different player. Shame Thompson is on the books and we can’t get rid. That two year deal is awful.

Anyway, I trust Richie and if Ogie wasn’t bought in then I’m glad he’s gone. Saying that, in the season before last he was often our best defender and he didn’t really get a shot last year so will be happy to see him do well at Gillingham
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Its a good move for the player and both clubs. He needs to be playing football as he's hardly a kid anymore.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

I thought he would play in the championship at least a couple of years ago but hasn’t pushed on. Whether that is due to lack of minutes or a bad attitude to training etc as RW alluded to, time will tell.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Beradogs wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:26 am I thought he would play in the championship at least a couple of years ago but hasn’t pushed on. Whether that is due to lack of minutes or a bad attitude to training etc as RW alluded to, time will tell.
He has loads of potential Bera and I like others wish him well, but I will stick my neck out and say that Harrison Sodje will prove to be a better player in time same stature as Ogie but more composed.
Luna Tic
Fresh Alias

Post by Luna Tic »

Obviously a personality clash . He had such potential and a shrewd move by Mr Kenny , who if I remember played Ogie lots .
He may not have trained well, but he showed more passion than some on match day , when selected and his skill and potential was way above 100k to Gillingham

Why no replacement in place before selling ?

Disappointing for me .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Luna Tic wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:05 am Obviously a personality clash . He had such potential and a shrewd move by Mr Kenny , who if I remember played Ogie lots .
He may not have trained well, but he showed more passion than some on match day , when selected and his skill and potential was way above 100k to Gillingham

Disappointing for me .
I fully expect another CB to be signed shortly . We only have Happe and Beckles , Thompson is out injured and won't be ready for the start of the season . I know Brown can play there but we need a proper CB being signed . Ed Turns , McCart or Frankie Kent seem to be the front runners to be brought in on loan or permanent signing .
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Luna Tic wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:05 am Obviously a personality clash . He had such potential and a shrewd move by Mr Kenny , who if I remember played Ogie lots .

Disappointing for me .
Not sure it was a personality thing as I think RW has said on interview that he's a nice lad, but if you want to play for Richie you need to maintain standards and in training it's clear from RW's comments last season that Shad didn't always do that. At this stage of pre season not really a necessity to replace before selling, often the sale frees up funds and wages for the player coming in.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Stan1972 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:17 pm Hopefully this paves the way for Ed Turns to rejoin on a season loan 🤞🤞🤞
Undisclosed fees are so annoying, just confirm the fee 🤷🏻‍♂️
Followed his progress since seeing him play firstly in the youth team. disappointed he did not become a regular first team player and move onto greater things but no he has the chance now to kick start his career under Kenny's guidance. Players come and go but agree ''Undisclosed fees are so annoying, just confirm the fee 🤷🏻‍♂️'' Wonder why so many football clubs do that ? As @ Adz wrote above ''£100,000 and 30% sell on fee is what I'd have been asking for if I was Lingy'' Yes agree that would be a reasonable transfer deal. Lastly, good luck to Shadrach Ogie and hope he does well at his new club Gillingham. Lastly see the old Os connection of Kenny and Andy working togetherQuote'' ''The 21-year-old left-sided centre-half previously played on loan at Dover under Gills’ head of recruitment Andy Hessenthaler and with their director of football Kenny Jackett at Leyton Orient''
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Beradogs wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:26 am I thought he would play in the championship at least a couple of years ago but hasn’t pushed on. Whether that is due to lack of minutes or a bad attitude to training etc as RW alluded to, time will tell.
He will be a L1/Championship defender - he's too powerful and pacy and good on the ball not to be. His only weakness is his over confidence and over playing in dangerous areas.

I don't buy the 'bad attitude' shtick thrown around - that came about solely when fans were questioning why McCarthorse was getting selected over him.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Top of the JES wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:20 am but if you want to play for Richie you need to maintain standards
Didn't seem too much of an issue for the likes of McCarthorse and that Lydon fella.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

I think this is a good move for the player and club. He’s a solid defender at league two level but for me he lacked pace and was a little slow on the ball. Good luck to the lad. It frees up some wages and space. Think Peterborough have brought in a CB on a year’s loan? We need 2 CB’s(one being a loan) and 2 strikers (again one being a loan)imo🙊
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:36 am but for me he lacked pace
:lol:
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

In my opinion something was clearly wrong because from what I saw on the pitch Ogie is a better CB than McCart
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Max Fowler wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:39 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:36 am but for me he lacked pace
:lol:
I’ll explain, lacked pace when bringing out the ball from defence, picking a pass. Bit like Beccles does but not so good,however I can see Beccles getting caught doing that this season if he’s not careful 🙊
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:36 am I think this is a good move for the player and club. He’s a solid defender at league two level but for me he lacked pace and was a little slow on the ball. Good luck to the lad. It frees up some wages and space. Think Peterborough have brought in a CB on a year’s loan? We need 2 CB’s(one being a loan) and 2 strikers (again one being a loan)imo🙊
For me I have seen him have pace when on the run from the left back position, but sometimes he was a bit slow when on the ball and could get caught out when in possession of the ball and as you say ''picking a pass' . Perhaps playing first team football more regularly will iron that out and help him to regain confidence, after all confidence is everything in any sport, cricket and football especially so ! Another point, I noticed when playing as a centre half he struggled to win balls in the air, seemed more confident as a left back to me than being an out and out centre half.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I was a little shocked when i read this. A few years ago, we all thought Ogie was the defender of our dreams, and he was under Jackett, but it hasnt worked out under Richie.
I think Shads problems started when he got sent off in the penultimate game of the season, a coupleof seasons back, meaning he would miss the first game of the next season.
Happe came in as his replacement, but played so well, he was undroppable, and Shad lost his place. Up until that moment, Ogie was ahead of Happe in the pecking order.
Losing your place in the team is frustrating, and I think Shad let it be known he was unhappy.
Although Im a bit shell shocked by this, If Richie thinks its the right thing to do, then I'll go with that