Hospitality Prices

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Hospitality Prices

Post by moonwalk19 »

LittleMate wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:22 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:09 am Bit depressing that some people seem to equate "being more professional" with simply charging a load more money.
More professional, less charitable. Someone has already posted up the pricing at championship level and our price hike is reflective of where we now are. Leyton has changed; is changing. Pre-covid I'd probably only sit down in the Lion & Key for a pre-match meal. Now there are a few choices. I will be spending my money there as I've always done (5 lads is my preference as it is the squads) - and the clientel will change in the posh seats for the meal deal as a result of this hike. What I'm really getting at is its a natural change because of our change in the football environment and the change in our locations environment.
Leyton has changed but bares no reflection on the prices Orient are proposing. A 100% increase in the costs relating to the 1881 suite is not acceptable in my mind and paying a £30 membership for purchasing tickets is taking the “P”.We are only in L1 not the Premiership
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

I’ve no problem with the £30 membership.

I’ll easily do ten matches so it will be ‘free’for me.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

I don’t honestly see Orient selling too many £30 memberships. Most committed fans will probably buy season tickets and I reckon casual fans will just buy early for games they plan to attend………..I may be wrong of course as I don’t remember us ever having or needing a membership scheme before now, so we’re entering new territory with this.

The price hikes for the hospitality will simply price people out , sadly probably fans who have supported the hospitality in recent seasons. Maybe the Commercial team will be searching for more upmarket, well -heeled fans to take our places.
Equaliser0
Fresh Alias

Post by Equaliser0 »

Cheshunto wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:07 pm I don’t honestly see Orient selling too many £30 memberships. Most committed fans will probably buy season tickets and I reckon casual fans will just buy early for games they plan to attend………..I may be wrong of course as I don’t remember us ever having or needing a membership scheme before now, so we’re entering new territory with this.

The price hikes for the hospitality will simply price people out , sadly probably fans who have supported the hospitality in recent seasons. Maybe the Commercial team will be searching for more upmarket, well -heeled fans to take our places.
I Remember membership in the late 80s early 90s & dont see a problem with getting £ 39 of entry over a full league season on entry price , sure those struggling to afford a ST will be happy to save 40 notes watching the O's
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Good stuff from the club.

I'm happy for us to squeeze as much as we possibly can from the rich who are happy to drop £100 plus on a game/meal/speech from Lingy or whatever to feel special, if that money is going back into the playing squad and allows us to bring in better quality players.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

To all those moaning and whinging about the prices being charged for corporate hospitality, would you be moaning when Orient are signing players from the National League sides because they cannot afford to compete with L1 sides?

The money to pay players etc needs to come from somewhere. FFP prevents the owners subsidising massive losses and why should the owners fund huge losses. This is a business and needs to be run sustainably...or would you prefer to be in position Southedn are sadly in?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Interesting that FFP prevents owners from subsidising massive losses but doesn't prevent fans from doing the same...
johnko
Fresh Alias

Post by johnko »

I'm confused. Yesterday the 1881 package I paid about £70 for last year had gone up to £140.
Just looked at the website and the same package seems to be between 78 to 98 quid.
Have I missed something?
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

johnko wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:06 pm I'm confused. Yesterday the 1881 package I paid about £70 for last year had gone up to £140.
Just looked at the website and the same package seems to be between 78 to 98 quid.
Have I missed something?
Those prices you quote are the starting prices for kids
Equaliser0
Fresh Alias

Post by Equaliser0 »

Just had a look at Charlton's Hospitality prices .

From £85 - £1200

https://booking.cafc.co.uk/en-GB/hospit ... ty%20areas
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

moonwalk19 wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:25 pm
johnko wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:06 pm I'm confused. Yesterday the 1881 package I paid about £70 for last year had gone up to £140.
Have I missed something?
Those prices you quote are the starting prices for kids
*** said he'll take 2 at those prices.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Just booked Mrs NES & I into the 181 Suite for the Cambridge game. £78 a head, as we have our season tickets. That's a lot for a programme (I wonder how much they will be this season), welcome drink and 3 course meal (I'm ignoring the player interviews and presentations in the above cost). It's a big increase on last year, so I hope the size and quality of the meal courses has been increased as well. It'll be interesting to see how full the place is.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

EliotNes wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:10 am Just booked Mrs NES & I into the 181 Suite for the Cambridge game. £78 a head, as we have our season tickets. That's a lot for a programme (I wonder how much they will be this season), welcome drink and 3 course meal (I'm ignoring the player interviews and presentations in the above cost). It's a big increase on last year, so I hope the size and quality of the meal courses has been increased as well. It'll be interesting to see how full the place is.
I think the food alone last season was £40 so around a 100% increase and if your season ticket is in the Legends Lounge then I think they are including a free programme anyway.
Maybe Nessy you could let us know if the food has improved dramatically.