Harlow FC

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Re: Harlow FC

Post by Proposition Joe »

soloman wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:58 pm Could this leave the door wide open for an Orient move in the future ? Up and coming town with new resources coming it's way .Empty ground with no football team . Orient were looking at a 4G pitch and now they would have a ground that could be expanded to a good level .Meanwhile the reserves could be installed there and share it with a Harlow team if needed.
Jesus H, is this still a thing? Why on Earth would anyone want us to move to Harlow?
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Barry Hearn would 😃
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Didn't want to go to Harlow in the 60s and certainly don't want to go there now.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

faith1234 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:51 pm If no what about Leyton fc old ground Lea Bridge road
Nowhere near enough room there .
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

The club and council ran a feasibility study two or three years back and there were literally no suitable sites for LOFC to relocate to within Waltham Forest, there was a site available at Fairlop Waters but nothing came of it. the chances of us relocating in Leyton are very very slim.
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

What exactly has happened with their pitch then
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

Would a possible share of the Olympic stadium be back on the table? Just asking.

Not being an expert in moving clubs, I would have thought A move to an area where there isn’t a club already would bring its own issues from local residents.

I think a ground share would be the most logical and cheapest option for this club. Even if we were to build a bigger stadium how big are they thinking? Let’s be honest anything over 15k is too ambitious.

Harlow is a good shout if the ground share doesn’t work, to call Harlow a dump and then say happy to go to Leyton is quite funny. Transport in the area would if improve, it’s got plenty of space and parking on the industrial site is fine. May even boost the local economy. Let’s be honest the walk from Harlow station to the ground would be the only exercise we get so it’s a win win in my book xxx
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Harlow wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:28 am
LittleMate wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:18 pm
PotatOhead wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:32 pm Club are actively looking at moving out the area in the future. It’s a fact whether we like it or not. I would prefer to stay in Leyton but there’s simply no room for anywhere near significant expansion at Brisbane Rd. Plus there’s the fact that we don’t own the ground which obviously isn’t ideal.
Not quite right. They are actively looking to move from Brisbane Road but the investors see us as a London club - so in London we will stay. Expect a Wimbledon/QPR/Brentford style development if and when it happens. We can't achieve it without something to support the investment in a single use stadium.

FWIW Harlow is a dump and having worked there for 10 years I should know!

So Harlow is a dump! But good enough to provide employment to you for 10 years! Presumably, you helped to clog up our roads during that time. Perhaps you should have looked, whilst doing your daily commute, at some of the amazing stuff we have here
So Harlow is a dump and Leyton is a paradise.......really ?
Well I love where I live in Harlow and even if I won the lottery would always keep my house surrounded by my lovely neighbours and green fields at the back of the house, plus all the large and convenient selection of supermarkets, plenty of shops throughout the town, many bank branches ( mainly at the town centre ) and large selection of everything I need in including out of town Retail Parks where I can get mostly everything I need plus clean air and if I travel just a few miles from Harlow, then you are into the open countryside. As to the Os moving to the Harlow Town and playing on the current Harlow FC ground, no, not on for many reasons including transportation links, ground location in an out of town industrial area, very small car park and lastly a poky little ground.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Frogger wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:01 am Would a possible share of the Olympic stadium be back on the table? Just asking.

Not being an expert in moving clubs, I would have thought A move to an area where there isn’t a club already would bring its own issues from local residents.

I think a ground share would be the most logical and cheapest option for this club. Even if we were to build a bigger stadium how big are they thinking? Let’s be honest anything over 15k is too ambitious.

Harlow is a good shout if the ground share doesn’t work, to call Harlow a dump and then say happy to go to Leyton is quite funny. Transport in the area would if improve, it’s got plenty of space and parking on the industrial site is fine. May even boost the local economy. Let’s be honest the walk from Harlow station to the ground would be the only exercise we get so it’s a win win in my book xxx
''to call Harlow a dump and then say happy to go to Leyton is quite funny''
Exactly !!
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

Frogger wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:01 am Would a possible share of the Olympic stadium be back on the table? Just asking.

You say thinking about a stadium over 15k is ambitious at the same time as pondering ground sharing a 66k soulless shi t e bowl. Got to be on a wind up
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:06 pm

Exactly !!
Harlow is Sh!t , Orient arent there but
they are in wonderful Leyton !
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

The amount of money Orient have now since all the rich American directors came on board means we will be in the championship by around 2029, or even earlier, and we will need a bigger ground for sure.
The thought of giving that crook Hearn, a million quid a year for something that's never going to be ours, as we do now, sticks in my throat.
The big problem is, where on earth is there going to be land to put this stadium. I have no idea, but it's very likely it won't be in Waltham Forest.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:36 pm

Exactly !!
As with most of your comments, read and then BIN !
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

PotatOhead wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:07 pm

You say thinking about a stadium over 15k is ambitious at the same time as pondering ground sharing a 66k soulless shi t e bowl. Got to be on a wind up
I agree with you, I would not want to Orient to end up there, however it is still close to Leyton and would be a fairly cheap option.
I think a move to Harlow is a good call. I find it hilarious that some fans on here are complaining about the area but happy to walk through Leyton high road. As long as the O’s carry on playing this lovely style of football I will watch it wherever they end up.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Top of the JES wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:09 pm The club and council ran a feasibility study two or three years back and there were literally no suitable sites for LOFC to relocate to within Waltham Forest, there was a site available at Fairlop Waters but nothing came of it. the chances of us relocating in Leyton are very very slim.
Why do we need to relocate?
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

Proposition Joe wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:56 pm
Top of the JES wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:09 pm The club and council ran a feasibility study two or three years back and there were literally no suitable sites for LOFC to relocate to within Waltham Forest, there was a site available at Fairlop Waters but nothing came of it. the chances of us relocating in Leyton are very very slim.
Why do we need to relocate?
Leyton is a sh1t hole. Can’t wait to move 😉
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:48 pm

Exactly !!
Why do you go in the bin ?
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

Frogger wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:06 pm
PotatOhead wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:07 pm

I agree with you, I would not want to Orient to end up there, however it is still close to Leyton and would be a fairly cheap option.
I think a move to Harlow is a good call. I find it hilarious that some fans on here are complaining about the area but happy to walk through Leyton high road. As long as the O’s carry on playing this lovely style of football I will watch it wherever they end up.

So you’d be happy with 10k fans tops in the London Stadium?? The atmosphere at home games is bad enough as it is now let alone in a stadium we wouldn’t even fill up by barely 15%. When West Ham sell out the atmosphere there is still terrible. Ask any West Ham fan. Not much would stop me from attending matches but I’d have to think long and hard about watching us if we moved there permanently.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Chat about the London Stadium and moving to Harlow? Genuinely worry about some of our fans.
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Harlow just isn’t an option - we’re a London club. Haven’t read anything about Stevenage needing a bigger ground or even Luton Town. Much the same distance from London. A trip to Harlow, hardly a big day out for visiting fans or even home ones. We would lose at lot of our base and replace it with very little. What floating London football fan is going to go to Harlow. Forget about football for a fiver, football for 50p ain’t going to attract a Londoner to make that journey. Absolute non- starter.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Orient Punxx wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:25 pm Harlow just isn’t an option - we’re a London club. Haven’t read anything about Stevenage needing a bigger ground or even Luton Town. Much the same distance from London. A trip to Harlow, hardly a big day out for visiting fans or even home ones. We would lose at lot of our base and replace it with very little. What floating London football fan is going to go to Harlow. Forget about football for a fiver, football for 50p ain’t going to attract a Londoner to make that journey. Absolute non- starter.
Keep up.

https://www.stadiumguide.com/new-luton-town-stadium/
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Sorry missed that other than the overall debate of c 30 years. And after all that the proposal is that they move a mile down the road and retain their geographical identity.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:14 pm
To keep warm.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:14 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:14 pm

To keep warm.
Hope it works for you. :mrgreen:
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Orient Punxx wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:25 pm Harlow just isn’t an option - we’re a London club. We would lose at lot of our base and replace it with very little. What floating London football fan is going to go to Harlow. Forget about football for a fiver, football for 50p ain’t going to attract a Londoner to make that journey. Absolute non- starter.
Absolutely. The whole idenitity of the club is based in London.
Moving to Harlow turns it into a near-franchise.

On a selfish level, Harlow is nearer for me as the crow flies, but I personally wouldn't bother as it wouldn't be 'Orient', but Harlow.
A shorter distance, but not much different to the Wimbledon/MK thing.

Okay. We may pick up a few fans in Harlow, but would lose as many I think.. Those watching that club would be watching Harlow, not Orient, which is their choice, of course.

Wes Dam have moved under 3 miles, and barely clung onto their identity..... Leyton to Harlow is much much further.
I am certain the owners would not even consider this..